To all those who support our troops..A letter from the Front

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Here is the link........long letter but very worth the time.www.unc.edu/depts/diplomat/archives_roll/2004_04-06/letters_front/letters_front.html

A few salient points from the letter which was written by Trampes C. Crow Captain, United States Army.....June 21, 2004

I thought it would be appropriate to send a message from those of us who are fighting that same fight now to those of you back home. In particular I'd like to send this message to any and everyone of you who over the past eighteen months or so has relayed a sentiment that has become more or less accepted in the American political dialogue, yet has never really made sense to those of us whom the sentiment is usually directed, that is "I support the troops, but I don't support the war" and has been repeated adnaseum by a large cross section of Americans who disagree with the current administration and it's foreign policy.
" I, along with many others, find this idea of support for the man yet not the mission to be disingenous and hypocritical". Waging this war on teror is not some disease, habit, or character flaw that you can choose to dislike while liking the soldier. This endeavor is something we have volunteered freely to undertake. Our goal is and always has been to preserve the American way of life. This mission in Iraq is an activity toward that end. We wake up, literally, each day with the possibility that we may not see that day's end. We beleive that stabilizing this country is worthwhile. It would make our jobs lot easier if you did too.

Oh, the old "letter from the front". Soldiers follow orders, leaders give the orders, and we elect the leaders. When the leaders fail, we don't blame the troops, we give the leaders the boot. Keep your chin up bud, you'll finally have competent brass in about 3 more months.

Bonnie said:
Here is the link........long letter but very worth the time.www.unc.edu/depts/diplomat/archives_roll/2004_04-06/letters_front/letters_front.html

A few salient points from the letter which was written by Trampes C. Crow Captain, United States Army.....June 21, 2004

I thought it would be appropriate to send a message from those of us who are fighting that same fight now to those of you back home. In particular I'd like to send this message to any and everyone of you who over the past eighteen months or so has relayed a sentiment that has become more or less accepted in the American political dialogue, yet has never really made sense to those of us whom the sentiment is usually directed, that is "I support the troops, but I don't support the war" and has been repeated adnaseum by a large cross section of Americans who disagree with the current administration and it's foreign policy.
" I, along with many others, find this idea of support for the man yet not the mission to be disingenous and hypocritical". Waging this war on teror is not some disease, habit, or character flaw that you can choose to dislike while liking the soldier. This endeavor is something we have volunteered freely to undertake. Our goal is and always has been to preserve the American way of life. This mission in Iraq is an activity toward that end. We wake up, literally, each day with the possibility that we may not see that day's end. We beleive that stabilizing this country is worthwhile. It would make our jobs lot easier if you did too.

smirkinjesus said:
Oh, the old "letter from the front". Soldiers follow orders, leaders give the orders, and we elect the leaders. When the leaders fail, we don't blame the troops, we give the leaders the boot. Keep your chin up bud, you'll finally have competent brass in about 3 more months.

Seems as if more than the majority of our military is quite happy with their leaders.

Saddam gone. Sons dead. Thousands of terrorists caught or killed. Hundreds of terrorist plots foiled. Doesn't sound like a failure to me.

HGROKIT said:
Pretty powerful stuff. Gotta admit, got a little misty toward the end of his letter when I started thinking of my son over there.

How's he doing Hgrokit? Hear from enough?

Kathianne said:
How's he doing Hgrokit? Hear from enough?

Thanks for asking. He says he is well. I get to have a few minutes with him on MSN Messenger every other day or so. He is on night patrols over there now, so make the timing over here a little rough.

His leg wound has healed ok. They closed the "PX" on him. I sent him a care package two weeks ago with shaving cream, deodorant, toothpaste and some "goodies" but he hasn't gotten it yet.

His spirits are good and that is what counts.

HGROKIT said:
Thanks for asking. He says he is well. I get to have a few minutes with him on MSN Messenger every other day or so. He is on night patrols over there now, so make the timing over here a little rough.

His leg wound has healed ok. They closed the "PX" on him. I sent him a care package two weeks ago with shaving cream, deodorant, toothpaste and some "goodies" but he hasn't gotten it yet.

His spirits are good and that is what counts.

Well remind him that the vast majority of us don't buy into the crap that is being sent over via MM fans and such! Pass on my thanks and prayers!

Kathianne said:
Well remind him that the vast majority of us don't buy into the crap that is being sent over via MM fans and such! Pass on my thanks and prayers!

Ditto that from me as well :)

I hope your son gets back to you soon. I have two sons over there as well, and from your comments, sounds like they are doing similar missions. My youngest over there caught a bullet in the chest a few weeks back but luckily his body armor prevented any injury other than a small burn from the spend bullet. I am sooooo hoping that he comes home to tell his kids that story some day when they are old enough:

"Dad, where did you get that scar on your chest?" "It's a long funny story son"

Forum List

Back