Only in Bush's America

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by TheOne, Aug 3, 2004.

1. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    article

2. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Guess he shouldn't have got caught in Saudi Arabia.............. :rolleyes:

3. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I can sort of see the point in this. One of my problems with this 'enemy combatant' issue has been that there must be some sort of oversight so that an american, even one in another nation, isn't put into a legal blackhole.

4. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hey, sorta don't coun't :p:

I am all for innocent until proven guilty. But the place/situation these guys were arrested in isn't really the US governments fault. If you were stupid enough to be in Afghanistan immediately after Bush gave them the ultimatum to hand over BinLaden or else, I don't really have much sympathy for you.

As far as Mr Ahmed Abu Ali, do you really think the US Gov't in cahoots with the Saudis (slimebags that they are) would have just snatched this guy up for no reason? If you do, and knowing that this could happen to you, would you not keep out of trouble?

Kinda like going to Damscus for vacation............

5. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. This kid is an American citizen and was his class valedictorian in 1999 in a Northern Virginia public school.

6. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    So what! He could have been Johnny Jihad the 2nd in 2000. What's your point?

7. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0

My piont is, he is a regular American citizen, pursuing his dreams and now, he is in some legal limbo with no charges against him and a foreign government holding him at the request of the US. Probably, so the Saudis can torture him.

I guess that's OK with you. I mean, it's not your son or brother over there.

8. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Spin and innuendo.....your specialty.
    :rolleyes:

9. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    The parents claim his being held in Saudi Arabia is a deliberate attempt to keep him out of U.S. courts and in the hands of jailers who could abuse or torture him for information.

The family's lawyers cite last month's Supreme Court rulings that alleged enemy combatants held at the U.S. naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, can take their claims to U.S. courts.

Ahmed Abu Ali was arrested 13 months ago in Saudi Arabia as part of an American anti-terrorism investigation. The U.S. government ordered the arrest and has refused to say when or if Abu Ali would be charged or released, the family alleged in a suit filed in U.S. District Court in Washington.

Read your own post again

10. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    there could be a few different reasons for being there. Fear of taliban retribution knowing an american attack is coming being one of them. Another thing (and abu ghraib should have taught us this) is that 'round ups' grab alot of people, some, if not most, were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. If you have no sympathy for that, then I hope it never happens to you, karma is a bitch.