tips about visiting the grand canyon

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Can anyone give me a heads up on it? We are thinking of driving out there later on in the year.

Camp on the edge, pray you remember which direction it's in when you get up in the middle of the night to pee.........

Can anyone give me a heads up on it? We are thinking of driving out there later on in the year.
Been years since I was there.
Avoid peak season.
We went in early May before crowds.
Check with National Park Service as now private vehicles may be limited or not allowed during peak months. Not positive on this, but would check to be sure. At one time I heard they were initiating shuttle busses during summer.
Was one impressive area. No picture does it justice.
Everything in park and around it is overpriced as hell. Nothing else for miles.

If you have time, visit Sedona, AZ. south of Flagstaff. Cool red rock and we hiked out to Devils Bridge to walk across the huge arch.
Lots of weird nature hippie types there. Cool tourist western town.

Avoid peak season.
Check with National Park Service as now private vehicles may be limited or not allowed during peak months. Not positive on this, but would check to be sure. At one time I heard they were initiating shuttle busses during summer.

If you have time, visit Sedona, AZ. south of Flagstaff. Cool red rock and we hiked out to Devils Bridge to walk across the huge arch.
We will go in October.

Avoid peak season.

We will go in October.
It'll be dry and the donkeys bite.

Avoid peak season.

We will go in October.

Should be nice and trashed out and all at-your-own-risk if the shutdown is still going, although cuts have and will continue to degrade the the commons at large. Good times.

Forum List

Back