tips about visiting the grand canyon

Can anyone give me a heads up on it? We are thinking of driving out there later on in the year.
Been years since I was there.
Avoid peak season.
We went in early May before crowds.
Check with National Park Service as now private vehicles may be limited or not allowed during peak months. Not positive on this, but would check to be sure. At one time I heard they were initiating shuttle busses during summer.
Was one impressive area. No picture does it justice.
Everything in park and around it is overpriced as hell. Nothing else for miles.

If you have time, visit Sedona, AZ. south of Flagstaff. Cool red rock and we hiked out to Devils Bridge to walk across the huge arch.
Lots of weird nature hippie types there. Cool tourist western town.
We will go in October.

Should go earlier incase of early snow in Arizona Rockies...
We may have to put it off until next year. Someone else needs visiting first.

Can anyone give me a heads up on it? We are thinking of driving out there later on in the year.

Do not toss rocks or pennies from the top!
I wouldn't. Liberals maybe.

You think I am joking but I am not and no you can not toss Progressives either...
I can too.

Well, you could but please do not liter a natural treasure...

Also when passing Gallup do not believe the Billboard when it shows a pretty Native American because I have never seen a beautiful Navajo...

Depends on when you want to go and what you want to do. Tourist season (June-July) can be a bit crowded and expensive on the south rim. If you want to hike down and spend a few nights, it is not crowded. The north rim is more remote, but is a good option to avoid crowds. Southern Utah has awesome scenery if you want to do a trip over a larger area and are flexible with location and timing.

me and a friend hiked to the bright angel campground back in the 70's in the summer....it took a few hours to get there....a lot of bugs down there....we left at midnight to come back up,got to the top about 7 AM....it was a physical ordeal,i wore out a brand new pair of shoes on that one.....hiking Bryce was much nicer....

Forum List

Back