Tina Turner gives up US citizenship

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
Tina Turner 'to become Swiss, give up US passport' - FRANCE 24

AFP - US pop legend Tina Turner, who has been living in Switzerland since 1995, will soon receive Swiss citizenship and will give up her US passport, Swiss media reported Friday.

"I'm very happy in Switzerland and I feel at home here. ... I cannot imagine a better place to live," Turner told German language daily Blick.

I don't blame her a bit. Just one of many.

That is right - Switzerland has a high quality of life - along with Australia and the Netherlands I think...

Switzerland doesn't have a lot of immigration and immigrants are not welcome there. Which is one of the reasons for the high standard of living an peaceful nature.

I bet she can walk down the streets there and not be mobbed by fans.

I would hate celebrity.

It would suck hieny.

I have never understood why anyone would seek to be famous

Switzerland doesn't have a lot of immigration and immigrants are not welcome there. Which is one of the reasons for the high standard of living an peaceful nature.

Well no.

They regulate the crap out of everything. Including immigration.

I've talked to people who've lived there.

It's extremely hard to get things that are easy to get here. Like an addition to your home.

And while that might be a pain in the ass on one end..on the other end..it seems to help the quality of life.

You should move there.

I was in Switzerland last week, traveling with a guy of Indian descent. He said he didn't feel comfortable there. I asked why. He said he didn't really know, other than we saw very few minorities. He said that he felt more comfortable in America.

Forum List

Back