Tina Turner gives up US citizenship

Tina Turner 'to become Swiss, give up US passport' - FRANCE 24

AFP - US pop legend Tina Turner, who has been living in Switzerland since 1995, will soon receive Swiss citizenship and will give up her US passport, Swiss media reported Friday.

"I'm very happy in Switzerland and I feel at home here. ... I cannot imagine a better place to live," Turner told German language daily Blick.

I don't blame her a bit. Just one of many.

Pretty clear that Tina was the brains of the Ike and Tina Turner team. Put the money in a Swiss bank while you can and dump the jerk.

AFP - US pop legend Tina Turner, who has been living in Switzerland since 1995, will soon receive Swiss citizenship and will give up her US passport, Swiss media reported Friday.

"I'm very happy in Switzerland and I feel at home here. ... I cannot imagine a better place to live," Turner told German language daily Blick.

I lived in Switzerland for about 6 mos. It's a great place. The standard of living is high, the people are intelligent and friendly, and it's a gorgeous country.

Don't get involved in other people's affairs" has been the hallmark of Swiss policy for nearly 500 years and that policy has served the country well. This neutral policy has been in effect since 1515.

The problem with Switzerland is it's expensive to live there.

Switzerland doesn't have a lot of immigration and immigrants are not welcome there. Which is one of the reasons for the high standard of living an peaceful nature.
You should move there.

I was in Switzerland last week, traveling with a guy of Indian descent. He said he didn't feel comfortable there. I asked why. He said he didn't really know, other than we saw very few minorities. He said that he felt more comfortable in America.
You don't have as many minorities in Switzerland because they restrict immigration. If you're not coming from an EU country it's very hard to become a citizen. Just to get a work permit you need to have a contract for a job. When I was there, most of the manual labor jobs were filled by Italians.

Last edited:
You should move there.

I was in Switzerland last week, traveling with a guy of Indian descent. He said he didn't feel comfortable there. I asked why. He said he didn't really know, other than we saw very few minorities. He said that he felt more comfortable in America.
You don't have as many minorities in Switzerland because they restrict immigration. If you're not coming from an EU country it's very hard to become a citizen. Just to get a work permit you need to have a contract for a job. When I was there, most of the manual labor jobs were filled by Italians.

Apparently, they've made it easier to get citizenship over the past few years. It used to be near impossible.

FTR, I love Switzerland. If I were a kick-ass trader, that's where I would live.

I knew a couple who lived there with their children. They had a hard time adjusting to the school system here. They moved to West Virginia after that.

I lived in Switzerland for about 6 mos. It's a great place. The standard of living is high, the people are intelligent and friendly, and it's a gorgeous country.

Don't get involved in other people's affairs" has been the hallmark of Swiss policy for nearly 500 years and that policy has served the country well. This neutral policy has been in effect since 1515.

"Don't get involved in other people's affairs"? You have to be shitting me. The Swiss don't enjoy a pleasant Arian existence by peddling chocolate drinks and Ricola cough medicine. Years ago they laundered stolen Jewish treasure for Nazis and today they store millions of dollars of Rock Star and drug cartel money.

I knew a couple who lived there with their children. They had a hard time adjusting to the school system here. They moved to West Virginia after that.

A friend lived there for a few years. He moved to Switzerland shortly after 9/11. He told me that a poll had three-quarters of the Swiss believed that America had it coming re: 9/11. He was happy to leave.

Good fondue though. I recommend Adler's in the old town in Zurich.

A friend lived there for a few years. He moved to Switzerland shortly after 9/11. He told me that a poll had three-quarters of the Swiss believed that America had it coming re: 9/11. He was happy to leave.

Good fondue though. I recommend Adler's in the old town in Zurich.

:thup:

I would love to go there and visit. I looked at the tax structure and do not feel it is favorable and the cost of living is high.

"Don't get involved in other people's affairs"? You have to be shitting me. The Swiss don't enjoy a pleasant Arian existence by peddling chocolate drinks and Ricola cough medicine. Years ago they laundered stolen Jewish treasure for Nazis and today they store millions of dollars of Rock Star and drug cartel money.
The statement means the government does not get involved in foreign wars and military campaigns. Traditionally, Switzerland has avoided alliances that might entail military, political, or direct economic action. They maintain diplomatic relations with all countries without regard to their political actions.

This policy has kept them out of wars and allowed them to act as a neutral mediator between hostile nations.

Forum List

Back