Times you were mistreated because of your, cough, skin color?

TheDude

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2016
U.S.A. gone wild
I was in a High School Band, and was the only student not allowed to attend a trip to play in a POUS inauguration. It had nothing to do with my attitude (cough!).

I was in Boy's Choir. They told my mother to come get me in the middle of the night. Technically I didn't do anything wrong.

I was arrested for marijuana possession in High School, because they searched me under false pretenses, and behold, I don't have a key to the school, but I sure have some killer weed man.

I was 86'd from working at a hotel, where I was working as a Bus Boy. To this day I don't know why. Must have been racial discrimination.

I was constantly kicked out of classes, was suspended many times, and expelled.

I was threatened by a cop. He was my neighbor, and his house was burglarized (not by me). He said he'd shoot me if I was caught in his house.

I was nearly arrested for attempted murder. I was toying with a friend and drove my car toward him. Neighbor up the street called the cops.

I was accused of shooting out a window.

I was acting manager, and for the first time, we were awarded the best overall store in the district. They didn't hire me for manager.

I was by far the best and most capable business analyst. They wouldn't even consider me for a supervisor position, despite being independent, a self-starter and highly effective.

I was a Correctional Officer for a stint. They called me into the office and advised me to never to bring drugs into their institution.

I was turned down for one of 13 insurance adjuster positions under State government. Matter of fact, I was ranked 6th on the list. They hired one through five and seven through 14. I was number one on many lists for the same place, and passed over every time.

I've been pulled over many times by the police.

Just a few instances I've experienced during my life under the oppression of a country built for the white man . Only problem is I'm white male. If I were black, I could use every one of these instances to declare "white man keeping the black man down", discrimination, etc. etc. But you know, "you don't know what it's like to live as a black man". Cry me a river, I call BS.

Last edited:
I was in a High School Band, and was the only student not allowed to attend a trip to play in a POUS inauguration. It had nothing to do with my attitude (cough!).

I was in Boy's Choir. They told my mother to come get me in the middle of the night. Technically I didn't do anything wrong.

I was arrested for marijuana possession in High School, because they searched me under false pretenses, and behold, I don't have a key to the school, but I sure have some killer weed man.

I was 86'd from working at a hotel, where I was working as a Bus Boy. To this day I don't know why. Must have been racial discrimination.

I was threatened by a cop. He was my neighbor, and his house was burglarized (not by me). He said he'd shoot me if I was caught in his house.

I was nearly arrested for attempted murder. I was toying with a friend and drove my car toward him. Neighbor up the street called the cops.

I was acting manager, and for the first time, we were awarded the best overall store in the district. They didn't hire me for manager.

I was by far the best and most capable business analyst. They wouldn't even consider me for a supervisor position, despite being independent, a self-starter and highly effective.

I was a Correctional Officer for a stint. They called me into the office and advised me to never to bring drugs into their institution.

I was turned down for one of 13 insurance adjuster positions under State government. Matter of fact, I was ranked 6th on the list. They hired one through five and seven through 14. I was number one on many lists for the same place, and passed over every time.

Just a few instances I've experienced during my life under the oppression of a country built for the white man . Only problem is I'm white male. If I were black, I could use every one of these instances to declare "white man keeping the black man down", discrimination, etc. etc. But you know, "you don't know what it's like to live as a black man". Cry me a river, I call BS.

You should flesh this out and do a book tour. "Confessions of a fuckup". Maybe they'll make it into a movie.

Let's see, I was apprehended for murder, pulled over more times than I can count, illegally searched, and threatened with guns for the crime of walking home. But that was all cop culture. Can't say I have the same checkered history of expulsions and threats and warnings from non-cop cultures but it just might be you need to examine how that pattern fed itself.

But it is instructive to know that when a "correctional" institution hires they go to the well of those with a history of expulsions and firings and police targets and those who have killer weed and "technically didn't do anything wrong'.

Not sure I even want to read the answer to this but what do we mean by "technically"?

Last edited:

You should flesh this out and do a book tour. "Confessions of a fuckup". Maybe they'll make it into a movie.

Let's see, I was apprehended for murder, pulled over more times than I can count, illegally searched, and threatened with guns for the crime of walking home. But that was all cop culture. Can't say I have the same checkered history of expulsions and threats and warnings from non-cop cultures but it just might be you need to examine how that pattern fed itself.

Not sure I even want to read the answer to this but what do we mean by "technically"?
I always took you for a murderer

So did those cops.

I was a certified cereal killer before that pretender on this site was old enough to write. :thup:

I was mistreated because of my cough once. but then again I has pneumonia and was hacking up a lung at the drug store

But it is instructive to know that when a "correctional" institution hires they go to the well of those with a history of expulsions and firings and police targets and those who have killer weed and "technically didn't do anything wrong'.

Technically applied to Boys choir. There was a literal cry-baby who kept us up nights because "I want to go home". I told him if he didn't shut his trap I'd give him something to cry about.

Well no, but for my hair, yeah got quite a bit of shit for that mop (those were the days). But I did often have some killer weed but they never found it.

So did those cops.

I was a certified cereal killer before that pretender on this site was old enough to write. :thup:

What did the Cereal do?

Snap, Crackle and Pop?

lol! Thanks for providing an example of white privilege .

You did all that shit as a youth , yet you were able to become a corrections officer? Cause white kids get protected , while black kids get a rap sheet that follows them for life .

I lived out in the country growing up - nearest house was a couple of miles away, but there was a church a mile down the road. One day I saw kids playing softball, pulled my bike over, and watched. I kept doing this every day. I was finally invited to play.

The day came when another church came by bus to play against the team I had been playing with. Once off the bus the visiting pastor saw me, walked over to the local pastor, and they began to talk. The local pastor finally walked over, head down, and told me there would be no game. I asked why.

He told me it was because I was not black, that the other pastor did not like it. That was the 1st day I experienced racism, really noticed it.

I told the local pastor I appreciated him being willing not to play because of me, but I told him I could not let his team pay a price for me being on his team I reminded him I wasn't a member of his church anyway, so I Ieft.

I get mistreated on a daily basis because of my skin tone. The looks, the comments (some louder than others), the people who walk rapidly away....

When they see my full facial birthmark.

I was once denied a position at a chemical facility because they needed to hire a black person.
That happened when a friend, a chemical engineer, tried landing me a position as a reactor operator.

In 2nd grade I was one of four blacks students. The teacher had us assigned to seats in the back of the room. They only changed it when one of the moms complained .

Oh, this was catholic school and the teacher was a nun.

I was once denied a position at a chemical facility because they needed to hire a black person.
That happened when a friend, a chemical engineer, tried landing me a position as a reactor operator.

So your friend setting u up with a job is fine ? They probably had to hire a black because all the jobs were filled by white people hooking up white friends and family .

You can't see the racist forest for the white trees .

Every single day by the students and faculty at the mostly black school I attended in 5th grade.

So your friend setting u up with a job is fine ? They probably had to hire a black because all the jobs were filled by white people hooking up white friends and family .

You can't see the racist forest for the white trees .
The black guy they eventually hired was let go during the probation period.

Forum List

Back