Time travel

BaltimoreBob

Righteous Robert
May 26, 2009
Baltimore
Let's talk Time Travel my favorite Fantasy topic.

I'd like to go back and be in Dealy Plaza in Dallas Texas
that day in November 1963
to see what actually went down.
What I would do would be like run out in front of the
President's car or phone in the assination before it happened.
Imagine changing that one event in American History.
Thou I believe Kennedy was marked for death.
Just ask LBJ or Nixon.
Oh sorry they're Dead.

I love all TV shows and movies about Time Travel
Recent ones or upcoming ones include:
Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel (2009)
The Time Traveler's Wife (2009) out August 14th.

Actually Eric Bana is the guy in question above
and he was in Star Trek (2009) as Nero.
And Time Travel is involved in that movie.

I don't know if it would be a wise choice
to approach yourself at some point in your past ?

Baltimore Bob

Do you really think someone should screw with past events in history?

Imagine the different outcomes, most of which I would guess, one couldnt prepare for.

And imagine that technology in the wrong hands, say, Nazi/KKK/Skinheads.

If Time Travel were possible we would know about it.

At least in the sense that travel is possible in a linear fashion.

If it is possible it exists one of several non interfering ways, One would be you go back as an observer and can not interact or be seen at all. Another would be you go back in time and where you stop starts a new time line separate from this one, you can come back to your present time line but what you did only effects the new time line.

I'd like to go to the future to see how things turn out. I'd particularly like to know if they ever release an iTunes update that doesn't screw up.

I'd like to go to the future to see how things turn out. I'd particularly like to know if they ever release an iTunes update that doesn't screw up.

Or,,,, you could set off a hydrogen bomb, to get back to the present from 30 years ago...................

Time.......a calibrated perception. To travel forward or back takes (at this time anyway)......an out-of-body experience, which can be done in many ways. Meditation, psychedelic chemicals, dreams. Some may agree, or not, that those who have premonitions or precognitions......are travelling through time in some fashion that is not current or linear by nature. Death, of course......can be a FORM of time travel, I suppose, which could also correlate with the real possibility of reincarnation.
Interesting to contemplate over some really good pot, but for every theory or plausible answer one may come up with.......many new questions will always result, thus.......driving one nuts.
Great to fantasize such a possibility though. Especially......IF one could just SEE those Powerball Jackpot numbers in ADVANCE and right on time!

If I had a time machine, I'd travel back in time and put less sugar in this coffee that I'm drinking right now.

Read Ray Bradbury's "A Sound of Thunder"

Saw the Movie, and while I am quite sure it does not do Justice to the book, the BASIC story line is there and the plot.

Again, if we could do THAT we would already know about it. Because some fool would use it for his own fun.

Try "Time Cop" not sure if it was ever a book, but it is a movie. Similar but less drastic effects in it too.

The latest one that I liked was "Butterfly Effect"

Or,,,, you could set off a hydrogen bomb, to get back to the present from 30 years ago...................

:lol: Lost rep!! (Had to read this a few times to get it. Even when it's not on, it's confusing!)

:lol: Lost rep!! (Had to read this a few times to get it. Even when it's not on, it's confusing!)

Woo Hoo! I wondered how long it would take you! :lol:

Woo Hoo! I wondered how long it would take you! :lol:

Wasn't on here much last night and just got home a bit ago. It did take me a bit though. Maybe I should watch some reruns to refresh my Lostiness!

Forum List

Back