Time to change term limits?

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Aug 6, 2012
Currently stationed at the kitchen table
So there are a ton of threads that boil down to, how even on 9/11 and with the recent attacks on embassies, the president and mr Romney couldn't take the day off from campaigning. Someone mentioned that the whole campaign season is too long, and I agree, when November comes most Americans are just happy to have it over with. Well another poster responded that having each president serve 1 six year term, instead of 2 four year terms would cut the whole campaign culture down significantly.

I thought it was interesting. Thoughts?

So there are a ton of threads that boil down to, how even on 9/11 and with the recent attacks on embassies, the president and mr Romney couldn't take the day off from campaigning. Someone mentioned that the whole campaign season is too long, and I agree, when November comes most Americans are just happy to have it over with. Well another poster responded that having each president serve 1 six year term, instead of 2 four year terms would cut the whole campaign culture down significantly.

Only way it happens is a Constitutional Amendment. You think it is a good idea? Petition your Representative and both your Senators to submit it as proposed Constitutional amendment. Then campaign to get enough members of Congress to agree, then campaign to get 37 States to agree.

It does not matter one whit what you think or I think or anyone ese thinks unless it is the proper majorities in Both HOUSES of Congress.

SO get to work.

Only way it happens is a Constitutional Amendment. You think it is a good idea? Petition your Representative and both your Senators to submit it as proposed Constitutional amendment. Then campaign to get enough members of Congress to agree, then campaign to get 37 States to agree.

It does not matter one whit what you think or I think or anyone ese thinks unless it is the proper majorities in Both HOUSES of Congress.

SO get to work.

Thank you for that, but I wasn't looking for a civics lesson.

SO get to work.

than dont ask questions u dont want the answer to or ask for specific answers, being a lib you are probably okay with limiting peoples speech.

SO get to work.

Well, Amy- what you wanna do?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QqveNZpk9M]Pure Prairie League - Amie - YouTube[/ame]

So you want to prevent the people from being able to reelect the President... So we will have no way to keep him accountable to the people because he will no longer have to do anything to get our votes.

Is this really what we want?

SO get to work.

Well, Amy- what you wanna do?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QqveNZpk9M]Pure Prairie League - Amie - YouTube[/ame]

I wish I could rep you for this :)

SO get to work.

thanks, sergeant obvious

I way just this time we allow for three terms. Then after obama is at his 12 th year, we go back to two Gemmteems. :)

Either that, or just stop the candidates campaigning until the last 12 weeks until the election.

Either that, or just stop the candidates campaigning until the last 12 weeks until the election.

The only issue I have with that is, they are still in campagin mode. I don't think our leaders are as effective, when they are worrying about being reelected.

Excellent idea.

So you want to prevent the people from being able to reelect the President... So we will have no way to keep him accountable to the people because he will no longer have to do anything to get our votes.

It would be no different then what we have now when a president wins re-election. Were Bush, Clinton, or Reagan ‘unaccountable’ during their respective second terms?

But what we have now clearly doesn’t work.

A new president spends 4 years running for re-election, his decisions influenced by that fact.

Should he win-re-election he spends his last 4 years as a lame duck.

Either the single six-year term or amend the Constitution to repeal the 22nd Amendment and allow the president to run for re-election as often as he wants, as long as the people want him.

The president's term is fine.

The Congress should change to four year terms that run with the presidents.

Excellent idea.

It would be no different then what we have now when a president wins re-election. Were Bush, Clinton, or Reagan ‘unaccountable’ during their respective second terms?

But what we have now clearly doesn’t work.

A new president spends 4 years running for re-election, his decisions influenced by that fact.

Should he win-re-election he spends his last 4 years as a lame duck.

Either the single six-year term or amend the Constitution to repeal the 22nd Amendment and allow the president to run for re-election as often as he wants, as long as the people want him.

Amendment wise I would support the repel. It is an ignorant amendment. We the people are the limiting factor.

What?

I apologize. I didn't think it was that difficult to understand, let me clarify.

If they are only elected for one term, the people have no way to keep them accountable, because they arent going to have to worry about reelection.

Forum List

Back