Time for a new laptop.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Going to get the new 16 inch MacBook Pro with the M2 Pro chip.
Probably more than I need but what the hell. It's only $100 bucks more than the one I got in 2018 which was $2400 before taxes.
Of course they've changed the plugs yet again so I'll have to get some new adapters.
I hate getting a new laptop because of the setup hassles but it has gotten far easier these days.
Going to send my old one out for refurbishing and the Wife can have it.

Mac Laptops are ridiculously expensive today.
Granted Mac hardware is considerably superior to all but the highest quality PC laptops you can find anywhere.
Their batteries are non beatable. But how often are you away from any power source for 13 hours of use?
Macs are very good laptops with a looong history of industry killing reliability and longevity. Fact is, your Mac will outlast it's usefulness. I still have a Titanium laptop from 1999. And it is exactly as reliable and good as it was 23 years ago when it was knew. But it can't use any modern software.

Having said all of this... if you have the money... you can't go wrong choosing a Mac.

th

I'd like a lap topper

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Mac Laptops are ridiculously expensive today.
Granted Mac hardware is considerably superior to all but the highest quality PC laptops you can find anywhere.
Their batteries are non beatable. But how often are you away from any power source for 13 hours of use?
Macs are very good laptops with a looong history of industry killing reliability and longevity. Fact is, your Mac will outlast it's usefulness. I still have a Titanium laptop from 1999. And it is exactly as reliable and good as it was 23 years ago when it was knew. But it can't use any modern software.

Having said all of this... if you have the money... you can't go wrong choosing a Mac.

I tend to go through them pretty fast. I'd say the average time would be 3 to 4 years.
I asked the repair guy when I brought my old one in under the extended warranty to be fixed if taking it outside in high humidity and temps from the A/C'ed house if that would lessen the life span.
He insisted it wouldnt but I have my doubts.
One of the main reasons I buy the Mac is the screen quality and I have never been hacked or got a virus.
And of course they're fast as all get out.

I tend to go through them pretty fast. I'd say the average time would be 3 to 4 years.
I asked the repair guy when I brought my old one in under the extended warranty to be fixed if taking it outside in high humidity and temps from the A/C'ed house if that would lessen the life span.
He insisted it wouldnt but I have my doubts.
One of the main reasons I buy the Mac is the screen quality and I have never been hacked or got a virus.
And of course they're fast as all get out.
Macs have some memory leakage that is pretty bad.
We have Macs at the office using Creative Suite with several addons. If you don't reboot every few days it slows waaay down even if you have nothing open. It doesn't do it using Mac apps that come with it (Safari iTunes etc) but definitely do with Adobe programs. Well known issue.

We have Macs at the office using Creative Suite with several addons. If you don't reboot every few days it slows waaay down even if you have nothing open. It doesn't do it using Mac apps that come with it (Safari iTunes etc) but definitely do with Adobe programs. Well known issue.

I haven't had any of those problems but like I said,I dont use the MacBooks up to their potential so I'm not pushing the envelope in the least.
The $2500 model is the cheapest Mac with the 16 inch screen. I wish they made a cheaper model because I wont use it to its true capabilities.

I haven't had any of those problems but like I said,I dont use the MacBooks up to their potential so I'm not pushing the envelope in the least.
The $2500 model is the cheapest Mac with the 16 inch screen. I wish they made a cheaper model because I wont use it to its true capabilities.
I got a HP Victus 16 with Ryzen 5600H and Geforce RTX 3050 ti, 144 hz display and Windoze 11 for 800 €.
I put Windows 10 on it. Great device.

Forum List

Back