Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad May Be Based On Falsehood

Is it documented this was a Doctor in the Phillipines or had she gone off the islands to receive such important care?

Is it documented this was a Doctor in the Phillipines or had she gone off the islands to receive such important care?

As far as I know, it is all information leaked by the Pro-choice movement attempting to bad-mouth FotF. To my knowledge, Focus on the Family has not made any statements about it although I imagine there is something on their website, which by the way, the ad sent viewers to.

Immie

I got in to the thread late. There was no mention in the ad that was aired about her condition. I didn't seek out any other versions of tha ad because the ad that aired during the game was the issue not the ad on piece on the internet.

If you just watched the aired ad, there was nothing offensive about it.

My point was that after all the hype and hyperbole, the ad that was aired was pretty benign.♠

No shit. I said the same thing four pages ago.

Historically, people didn't live much past 40. Childbirth is not the danger it used to be. I thought you wanted to be a doctor, you should know this.

No shit. You are echoing my exact words.

Even Mrs Tebow's condition is not fatal. With the proper care a woman with placental abruption won't usually die from it.

According to what? Your website? Like I said, it's a medical emergency. Ironically, Tebow's mom said that she refused to get any prenatal care after being told she should abort. However, the interview makes it seem much less like a medical issue and more like a personality conflict between her and her Dr.

So if she made that choice good for her. If another woman makes that choice, it is none of your concern.

I agree, up until she starts running ads telling women to ignore medical advice. That ended up not being the case here.

Let's hope you never will be.

Whether I succeed or not will have nothing to do with your hopes and everything to do with mine.

Not at all. She made a choice you didn't disagree with and you believe she shouldn't tell anyone about it because they might make the same "idiotic" choice.

Basic right of free speech there.

LMAO. You really are a dim bulb. I never said Tebow's mom didn't have a constitutional right to say what she wanted to say.

I said it was wrong for her to tell women to ignore medical advice.

That's it.

That's not what she ended up doing in the ad. So, as I said, much ado about nothing.

You've been so out to lunch on this issue, it's not even funny.

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;1988365 said:
We all assume that Mrs. Tebow's life was in grave danger (and maybe it was) because a doctor in the Philippines said so. Doctors are not always right. It appears that in Mrs Tebow's case the doctor was wrong.
That she beat the odds doesn't mean the doc was wrong abut the odds.

Dumbass.

No, it does not mean that the doc was wrong. I am certain he was right that she was taking a risk and quite possibly a serious risk. He advised her to have an abortion. She chose not to heed his advice for which people like Anguille have condemned her.

He was, however, wrong on the odds.

Sometimes doctors are too conservative. Sometimes they "err" on the side of caution. In this case, if she had heeded his advice there would have been at least one death.

In this case, it appears that the doctor was, in fact, erring on the side of caution.

BTW, I didn't say that there was no risk at all, but rather the insinuation that she could very possibly die if she gave birth appears to have been wrong.

Also, odds were that the Colts would be Super Bowl Champs today... guess what just like the odds in this case... those odds were wrong.

Immie

If you actually watch the interview on the FOTF site, it seems that the Tebows weren't even aware of the abrupton until delivery.

It puts the whole issue in a different light.

It seems to me that, at best, Mrs. Tebow has hyped this a little (or maybe other hyped it).

You can watch her interview and follow the fact pattern and tell me if you think otherwise, though.

☭proletarian☭;1988365 said:
That she beat the odds doesn't mean the doc was wrong abut the odds.

Dumbass.

No, it does not mean that the doc was wrong. I am certain he was right that she was taking a risk and quite possibly a serious risk. He advised her to have an abortion. She chose not to heed his advice for which people like Anguille have condemned her.

He was, however, wrong on the odds.

Sometimes doctors are too conservative. Sometimes they "err" on the side of caution. In this case, if she had heeded his advice there would have been at least one death.

In this case, it appears that the doctor was, in fact, erring on the side of caution.

BTW, I didn't say that there was no risk at all, but rather the insinuation that she could very possibly die if she gave birth appears to have been wrong.

Also, odds were that the Colts would be Super Bowl Champs today... guess what just like the odds in this case... those odds were wrong.

Immie

How do we know what her doctor said?

Purely per her reporting, which is not really helpful. Tebow's mom makes it seem like she ran into a pro-abortion Dr. who expressed a personal opinion she disagreed with, but never gave her a medical indication for needing to abort her child.

Like I said, it seems a little hyped by FOTF. Tebow's mom had no intention of aborting her child based on someone elses' personal opinion.

In that light, it seems a little bit like a fish tale.

Forum List

Back