Thus saith the LORD God, “Greetings.”

RandomVariable

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
As many have surmised God would return on the Feast of Trumpets. It was the last Feast of Trumpets as a matter of fact. God is always here but this is more the 'God on the mount Sinai' God. Apparently he did not come in on a wave of glory, not yet anyway.

The first clarification I would like to make is who God is. One can find the word of God in the Old Testament. The King James Version for english speakers works just fine. No writings after this should be taken as the word of God. The New Testament weakened the word of God and the Koran denied it. There are several verses in the Old Testament which specifically state no additions or supposed corrections are to be accepted. The Old Testament is a tool for understanding. If one does not understand it one should keep trying rather than giving up or drawing unfounded conclusions. People draw a lot of conclusions from stuff that is simply not in the Bible.

Who will be saved, who should repent, what-must-i-do-to-be-saved, are all questions I do not know the answer to. Is God about to destroy the world? I believe God will do as God says he will do. Daniel's timeline is as an accurate assessment of God's word as I have seen. I do believe the blood moon tetrad is a sign. I hate to put it in such stark terms but those are the facts of the matter. I do not recommend cashing in all one's assets and giving it to the poor. Seeking an understanding of God with all due haste might be prudent however.

This post is sorely lacking in specifics and elaboration but it is meant merely as a greeting card. God is both happy to be back and disappointed in some of our developments. There is much in the Old Testament which describes such reactions. Please feel free to ask all the questions you have of me.

Oh, one last thing: If you have been holding on to the ark of God he appreciates it very much but will be wanting that back now. Thanks.

"Greetings"? That's the old guy at Walmart. :itsok:

"Greetings"? That's the old guy at Walmart. :itsok:
Having a little fun, Taz? The evening is yet young so I will indulge. Read Job, chapter 38 and a little understanding might come your way. Do not tarry however, it is but one evening. If the morning comes and 'the old guy at Walmart' has a bald head you would be wise not to mock. A day is marked evening to evening.

I always marvel at the certainty with which some purport to know the mind of G-d.
So challenge me. Any thing at all. As Moses said, I did not come up with this on my own. (There are many parts of the Bible I keep in my head but have no idea which part of the Bible they came from. That was one of them.)

I always marvel at the certainty with which some purport to know the mind of G-d.
So challenge me. Any thing at all. As Moses said, I did not come up with this on my own. (There are many parts of the Bible I keep in my head but have no idea which part of the Bible they came from. That was one of them.)

I don't need to challenge you. But I also don't think any bible is to be taken literally. I pretty much think the bible is the children's version of creation and there are levels and levels beyond what we understand.

I don't need to challenge you. But I also don't think any bible is to be taken literally. I pretty much think the bible is the children's version of creation and there are levels and levels beyond what we understand.
I think of the Bible more as a personal, easy-to-carry version of the ark of the LORD. It is funny, I will be outside reading aloud and just as I am finishing up a chapter the LORD with say, "Read another one." So I do. When I am about finished with that one he says, "Read another." I sometimes read two or three more chapters that way, I know I should read twenty more. It is really something to believe in God, I mean really believe in God. What is the Bible when God is the one who wrote it? From this point of view we can never fully realize.

challenge you on what exactly?
I do not know. Maybe something like my point of view on the Bible or what God thinks of same sex marriage or what I think of climate change or what is God's name, will there be Middle East peace, that kind of stuff. Whatever you think a person who knows the mind of God should know. Not that I anywhere near claim to know the mind of God.

how many pins can dance on the head of an angel?.......
Before the angel of the LORD pins numbering as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore danced as Levites played and sang of the glories of God. (Sorry, no dancing on the heads of any angels.)

As many have surmised God would return on the Feast of Trumpets. It was the last Feast of Trumpets as a matter of fact. God is always here but this is more the 'God on the mount Sinai' God. Apparently he did not come in on a wave of glory, not yet anyway.

The first clarification I would like to make is who God is. One can find the word of God in the Old Testament. The King James Version for english speakers works just fine. No writings after this should be taken as the word of God. The New Testament weakened the word of God and the Koran denied it. There are several verses in the Old Testament which specifically state no additions or supposed corrections are to be accepted. The Old Testament is a tool for understanding. If one does not understand it one should keep trying rather than giving up or drawing unfounded conclusions. People draw a lot of conclusions from stuff that is simply not in the Bible.

Who will be saved, who should repent, what-must-i-do-to-be-saved, are all questions I do not know the answer to. Is God about to destroy the world? I believe God will do as God says he will do. Daniel's timeline is as an accurate assessment of God's word as I have seen. I do believe the blood moon tetrad is a sign. I hate to put it in such stark terms but those are the facts of the matter. I do not recommend cashing in all one's assets and giving it to the poor. Seeking an understanding of God with all due haste might be prudent however.

This post is sorely lacking in specifics and elaboration but it is meant merely as a greeting card. God is both happy to be back and disappointed in some of our developments. There is much in the Old Testament which describes such reactions. Please feel free to ask all the questions you have of me.

Oh, one last thing: If you have been holding on to the ark of God he appreciates it very much but will be wanting that back now. Thanks.

Only place the Ark might be that the world in general doesn't know about it, and Mossad agents aren't busy recovering it, is the Secret Vatican Archives. It's not in some tiny church in Eithiopia or the like. Someone with the power to hold on to it has it if it even still exists.

Only place the Ark might be that the world in general doesn't know about it, and Mossad agents aren't busy recovering it, is the Secret Vatican Archives. It's not in some tiny church in Eithiopia or the like. Someone with the power to hold on to it has it if it even still exists.
Who ever it is who has it knows they have it and the LORD knows they have it. People tend to give the ark back to its rightful owner with a little encouragement from the LORD. How much encouragement is up to the person who should give it back. Although some think the LORD can get a bit excessive.

Well, Avatar4321, that was an excellent question. :) Whenever I try to answer a question I almost always learn so much more than I could possibly put into the answer. Before for the first blood moon I only knew the Bible from the name on the cover. Needless to say I have not extremely well versed in the Book. I have not gotten to parts of the Bible, Old Testament, which I think are more prophecy than understanding. I had not read Malachi until yesterday so that was a real eye-opener. I did not know Elijah will be sent back. To your question, why is it Elijah who is sent back, this is what I have learned and/or surmise. Questions such as these I really can not answer with a 'saith the LORD ...'.

The first consideration is the setting into which Elijah will arrive. Being the great and dreadful day of the LORD I think it is safe to assume it is the time of judgement. From the description in Malachi's book to the state of things there is practically no one left following in the ways of the LORD. Elijah would seem to have experience in such a situation for when he was a prophet there was not a single other prophet of the LORD left (1 Kings 18:22). All that was left of those who had not bowed to Baal was seven thousand in Israel (1 Kings 19:18).

Elijah himself had specific qualities which makes him uniquely qualified to be the prophet to return in the time of judgement. He has a very close relation with the LORD. The LORD sustained him on at least three occasions. Through Elijah the LORD performed several significant miracles, or however that works. One such miracle was the parting of the Jordan. He also prophesied the death of Jezebel. Elijah also did not die but was taken up to heaven in whirlwind and with a chariot of fire.

As is almost always the question with statements in the Bible, is it literally Elijah or a representation of the prophet Elijah. From what I understand of the Bible it would be literally Elijah. So are these the times of judgement and if so where is Elijah? Another excellent question. I am kind of thinking if I answer questions and making statements for him he will get mad at me and show up burn me up or something. Nothing so far. I will keep trying though. :rolleyes-41:

Forum List

Back