Thunderstorms - do you like them - or do you fear them?

Thunderstorms - do you like them - or do you fear them?

• I like them

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • I fear them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am neutral to them

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
(1) I fear them for one reason: electrical outages.

(2) No electricity for the refrigerator or computer or gas oven or our rooms.

(3) Here in the United States, many electrical wires are still above ground, so if a tree knocks them down, a part of the city is plunged into darkness.

I like them. I grew up in Kansas and then moved to Florida, both thunderstorm capitols. It seems amazing that more people aren't struck. When the TV weathermen could map individual strikes on their maps, it got really impressive. I remember a weather guy showing how one stroke they detected traveled horizontally about 40 miles before hitting the ground in an area that would have had clear blue skies at the time. Wouldn't that make you just out of your shorts.

I like them. I grew up in Kansas and then moved to Florida, both thunderstorm capitols. It seems amazing that more people aren't struck. When the TV weathermen could map individual strikes on their maps, it got really impressive. I remember a weather guy showing how one stroke they detected traveled horizontally about 40 miles before hitting the ground in an area that would have had clear blue skies at the time. Wouldn't that make you just out of your shorts.
not every thunderbolt makes it to the ground. know something for fking once.

Forum List

Back