Throwing anti-Semitism around like a rag doll

Majority of Knesset backs bill accusing Poland of Holocaust denial

"
MAJORITY OF KNESSET BACKS BILL ACCUSING POLAND OF HOLOCAUST DENIAL"

So, the Knesset backs a bill which says Poland is denying the Holocaust. They're basically calling the Poles anti-Semites without daring to say it.

"
“The historic truth of the Jewish People is not for sale,” MK Shmuly says"

This quote is hilarious. The truth of the Jewish people..... what is the truth here? What are they talking about?

Poland moves to make use of phrase 'Polish death camps' criminal offense

"
POLAND MOVES TO MAKE USE OF PHRASE 'POLISH DEATH CAMPS' CRIMINAL OFFENSE"

So, here's the truth. Not the "truth" that Israel claims, but the truth of the actual matter. The Polish are pissed off because these Nazi Concentration Camps are often called "Polish Concentration Camps".

"Polish lawmakers approved a bill on Friday that makes it a crime, punishable by up to three years in prison, to use statements suggesting Poland bears responsibility for crimes against humanity committed by Nazi Germany."

It's like saying that because Russian dolls are made in America, they're American.

The reality is these Concentration Camps were GERMAN. This is fact, it's history. But according to some Israelis:

""The law passed by the Polish Parliament lacks morality. The law in and of itself is a form of Holocaust denial and should not exist.""

Lacks morality? It's immoral to call a German camp in occupied Poland a "German Concentration Camp" rather than a "Polish Concentration Camp"?

"Knesset member Dr. Nachman Shai (Zionist Union) claimed, "The Polish people shared in the experience of the Holocaust and that can't be erased by any bill passed in [Polish] parliament.""

Here's the "The poles are anti-Semites" dressed up in other language. Yes, Poland had a problem with anti-Semitism. This bill doesn't do away with this. But it wasn't the Poles running the Concentration Camps.

Nazi concentration camp commandant - Wikipedia

Let's have a look.

Auschwitz 1 - Not only is Auschwitz a German name, Oświęcim is the Polish name. No one would be able to tell you what Oświęcim is, if you asked them. I had to look it up.

Rudolf Höss, Arthur Liebehenschel and Richard Baer were the three commandants of Auschwitz 1. The first was born in Baden-Baden, the second in Posen which is in Poland today, but was part of Germany in 1901, and the third was born in Floß in Germany.

So, three Germans. The other two camps were also run by people born in Germany.

Germans. Not Poles.

Of those who died in Auschwitz, 85% were Jews. 10% were Poles. So not only did Poles not run the camps, they died in the camps too. 140,000 of them.

So to suggest this is a Polish Concentration Camp is to actively mislead.

Why is Israel doing this? To control the narrative about the Holocaust.

Both sides are utterly wrong. The concentration camps were run by the NAZIs in Poland, so Poland has a point. However the Pollacks, as a whole, are about as antisemitic as the NAZIs, so the show does fit.

However to the Israelis who motioned this, why? Don’t you have more important matters? What will the sideshow achieve

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Yes, there was anti-Semitism all over. But one thing is anti-Semitism with pogroms and racist policies against the Jews, another thing is trying to exterminate Jews in Concentration Camps.

We could go on all day about who did what.

The British refused to allow Jews into Palestine. Many, many Jewish people died because of this policy. Also the refused to vote for Israel as a nation.

The French deported lots of Jews. There were concentration camps in France too. There just weren't extermination camps because the Germans wanted to put them in the east.

The Swiss refused to take in Jews.

Lots and lots and lots of countries did things bad against the Jews during this period. However only the Germans organized these Camps (potentially with Austrian workers and commanders) and only the Germans set about to exterminate the Jews.

Well, the sideshow for the Israelis is to make sure that they retain control of the message of the Holocaust. The Holocaust was against the Jews, no one else, the Holocaust allows them to hide what they're doing that is unethical and wrong.
That last part highlighted is a variation of an anti-semitic canard that you may not even be aware of.
Claiming that Jews are trying to control the narrative/world/press is an old prejudice.
The fact that israel has a view is no different to the fact that Poland has a view but you seek to judge it differently. You don#t realise that anti-semitism is on the rise from the left and you are victim to it.

Read more on Wikipedia:
Accusations of plotting to control the world[edit]
Further information: Judeo-Masonic conspiracy theory, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, Zionist Occupation Government, Anti-globalization and antisemitism, Serpent (Bible), Rabbi Emmanuel Rabinovich

A Nazi German cartoon circa 1938 depicts Churchill as a Jewish-controlled octopus encircling the globe.
The publication of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion in 1903 is widely considered to mark the beginning of contemporary conspiracy theory literature.[27]

Included in this canard are not only writings that seek to accuse Jews of trying to control the world, but also graphic imagery depicting Jews, or their supporters, as trying to control the world. Examples of this imagery include Nazi cartoons that depict Jews as octopuses, encircling the globe.[28] A more recent example is the 2001 re-printing of Henry Ford's antisemitic text, The International Jew in Egypt, with the same octopus imagery on the front cover.[29]

Oh god, we're back to these fucking canards again are we?

You say this, you're an anti-Semite, so don't say this.

No, I'm sorry. I've been called an anti-Semite for using the word "Jew" and "rich" in the same sentence. But when you work for multi-millionaires who also happen to all be Jewish, then what?

Israel IS trying to control the narrative. I'm not going to ignore something that is happening simply because you think it's a canard.

I won't say that Jews control the press, they control quite a lot of the press in the US, but not all of it.

No, I don't judge it differently that Poland has a view and Israel has a view. This is where YOU are looking for fault that doesn't exist. Why?

Probably because you've been trained somehow to see things, whether they're there or not. You're accustomed to some people being anti-Semitic and therefore anything someone anti-Semitic says, you automatically suggest that what they're saying is anti-Semitic, even if someone else says it.

I disagree. Not only do I disagree in this context, but in many other contexts, most notably with far-right groups who thend to cause a lot of problems by talking about stuff, then the stuff they talk about becomes taboo.

So, talking about immigration which is an important issue for a country, suddenly becomes taboo, because if you oppose stricter immigration and limiting people for a variety of legitimate reasons, then you feel like you're being racist.

Your examples are a plot by Jews to control the world. I didn't suggest this. You brought this up.

So, I'll say what I want to say. I'm not an anti-Semite therefore what I say isn't anti-Semitic no matter how much you want to pressure me into saying only what you want to be said.

Suffice to say, the phrase is wrongly used to exclusively describe Jews.

Sure. Technically true. BUT words have accepted and easily understood meanings. Peanuts not being nuts, as an example. "anti-semitism" has an accepted and easily understood meaning. There is no reason to "correct" it any more than there is a need to "correct" the use of the word "peanut".

Given that many here argue that it should be "corrected", even those who are otherwise apparently reasonable, it leads me to believe there is a subtle motivation for doing so. Mostly I think its because people want to wish it away and claim that it doesn't exist. Its uncomfortable to look at such a global, enduring hatred. You hinted at this when you said, "Jews need an official insult". This makes me wonder if you want to erase a descriptive word for the particular type of hatred towards Jews. Why would you want to pretend that such a thing does not exist? Why would you want to minimize or hide or disguise such a thing? Why would you want to pool Jew hatred with "semitic" hatred?

The way I read it, and yes, it is very subtle, when you say, "Jews need an official insult" has elements of backlash against the canard of perceived choseness -- as in "why should Jews get to have a special word just for hatred against them -- what they think they are so special?".

Rejection of the easily understood word "anti-semitism" is a form of anti-semitism. It is used to minimize and make disappear hatred against Jews.

I don't think that there is any need for a "special" word for the hatred of Jews, though I am glad that the word 'racist' is not used!

I don't reject the word "anti-semitism" in the least. I simply point out that the word is used incorrectly and, technically, incorporates more than JUST Jews.
Why does this arsehole have so much difficulty understanding that the word anti-semitism simply means hatred of Jews, technically and in every way possible?

like a dog trying to bite its own tail. Go look up the definition of Semite and anti-Semite, and report back to us if you see any difference.

Maybe you should organize a Muslim protest at the offices of the dictionary companies? What's the difference anyhow. If you don't like the universally accepted definition then call it "Jew hater" if you wish, which is what you are.

"

So, the Knesset backs a bill which says Poland is denying the Holocaust. They're basically calling the Poles anti-Semites without daring to say it.

"

This quote is hilarious. The truth of the Jewish people..... what is the truth here? What are they talking about?

"

So, here's the truth. Not the "truth" that Israel claims, but the truth of the actual matter. The Polish are pissed off because these Nazi Concentration Camps are often called "Polish Concentration Camps".

"Polish lawmakers approved a bill on Friday that makes it a crime, punishable by up to three years in prison, to use statements suggesting Poland bears responsibility for crimes against humanity committed by Nazi Germany."

It's like saying that because Russian dolls are made in America, they're American.

The reality is these Concentration Camps were GERMAN. This is fact, it's history. But according to some Israelis:

""The law passed by the Polish Parliament lacks morality. The law in and of itself is a form of Holocaust denial and should not exist.""

Lacks morality? It's immoral to call a German camp in occupied Poland a "German Concentration Camp" rather than a "Polish Concentration Camp"?

"Knesset member Dr. Nachman Shai (Zionist Union) claimed, "The Polish people shared in the experience of the Holocaust and that can't be erased by any bill passed in [Polish] parliament.""

Here's the "The poles are anti-Semites" dressed up in other language. Yes, Poland had a problem with anti-Semitism. This bill doesn't do away with this. But it wasn't the Poles running the Concentration Camps.

Let's have a look.

Auschwitz 1 - Not only is Auschwitz a German name, Oświęcim is the Polish name. No one would be able to tell you what Oświęcim is, if you asked them. I had to look it up.

Rudolf Höss, Arthur Liebehenschel and Richard Baer were the three commandants of Auschwitz 1. The first was born in Baden-Baden, the second in Posen which is in Poland today, but was part of Germany in 1901, and the third was born in Floß in Germany.

Germans. Not Poles.

Of those who died in Auschwitz, 85% were Jews. 10% were Poles. So not only did Poles not run the camps, they died in the camps too. 140,000 of them.

Both sides are utterly wrong. The concentration camps were run by the NAZIs in Poland, so Poland has a point. However the Pollacks, as a whole, are about as antisemitic as the NAZIs, so the show does fit.

However to the Israelis who motioned this, why? Don’t you have more important matters? What will the sideshow achieve

Yes, there was anti-Semitism all over. But one thing is anti-Semitism with pogroms and racist policies against the Jews, another thing is trying to exterminate Jews in Concentration Camps.

The British refused to allow Jews into Palestine. Many, many Jewish people died because of this policy. Also the refused to vote for Israel as a nation.

The French deported lots of Jews. There were concentration camps in France too. There just weren't extermination camps because the Germans wanted to put them in the east.

Lots and lots and lots of countries did things bad against the Jews during this period. However only the Germans organized these Camps (potentially with Austrian workers and commanders) and only the Germans set about to exterminate the Jews.

Well, the sideshow for the Israelis is to make sure that they retain control of the message of the Holocaust. The Holocaust was against the Jews, no one else, the Holocaust allows them to hide what they're doing that is unethical and wrong.
That last part highlighted is a variation of an anti-semitic canard that you may not even be aware of.
Claiming that Jews are trying to control the narrative/world/press is an old prejudice.
The fact that israel has a view is no different to the fact that Poland has a view but you seek to judge it differently. You don#t realise that anti-semitism is on the rise from the left and you are victim to it.

Read more on Wikipedia:
Further information: Judeo-Masonic conspiracy theory, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, Zionist Occupation Government, Anti-globalization and antisemitism, Serpent (Bible), Rabbi Emmanuel Rabinovich

A Nazi German cartoon circa 1938 depicts Churchill as a Jewish-controlled octopus encircling the globe.
The publication of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion in 1903 is widely considered to mark the beginning of contemporary conspiracy theory literature.[27]

Included in this canard are not only writings that seek to accuse Jews of trying to control the world, but also graphic imagery depicting Jews, or their supporters, as trying to control the world. Examples of this imagery include Nazi cartoons that depict Jews as octopuses, encircling the globe.[28] A more recent example is the 2001 re-printing of Henry Ford's antisemitic text, The International Jew in Egypt, with the same octopus imagery on the front cover.[29]

No, I'm sorry. I've been called an anti-Semite for using the word "Jew" and "rich" in the same sentence. But when you work for multi-millionaires who also happen to all be Jewish, then what?

Israel IS trying to control the narrative. I'm not going to ignore something that is happening simply because you think it's a canard.

I won't say that Jews control the press, they control quite a lot of the press in the US, but not all of it.

No, I don't judge it differently that Poland has a view and Israel has a view. This is where YOU are looking for fault that doesn't exist. Why?

Probably because you've been trained somehow to see things, whether they're there or not. You're accustomed to some people being anti-Semitic and therefore anything someone anti-Semitic says, you automatically suggest that what they're saying is anti-Semitic, even if someone else says it.

I disagree. Not only do I disagree in this context, but in many other contexts, most notably with far-right groups who thend to cause a lot of problems by talking about stuff, then the stuff they talk about becomes taboo.

So, talking about immigration which is an important issue for a country, suddenly becomes taboo, because if you oppose stricter immigration and limiting people for a variety of legitimate reasons, then you feel like you're being racist.

Your examples are a plot by Jews to control the world. I didn't suggest this. You brought this up.

So, I'll say what I want to say. I'm not an anti-Semite therefore what I say isn't anti-Semitic no matter how much you want to pressure me into saying only what you want to be said.

So here's the thing. Someone says, "I am not an anti-semite" and then proceeds to litter a post with antisemitic canards (including this gem: I would never say that Jews control the media; Jews only control most of the media.)

So as someone who can't read your mind, how am I to tell whether you are or you are not antisemitic with the presented evidence of antisemitism? How are you going to convince me that your continued use of antisemitism in conversation is not a product of antisemitic beliefs?

And the point is not to create taboo subjects or to silence you (though that idea is developing into a lovely new antisemitic canard). If you can't hold a conversation with or around Jews without feeling as though you have to restrain your thoughts -- you are doing it wrong.

"

"

"

Let's have a look.

Germans. Not Poles.

Read more on Wikipedia:

So here's the thing. Someone says, "I am not an anti-semite" and then proceeds to litter a post with antisemitic canards (including this gem: I would never say that Jews control the media; Jews only control most of the media.)

So as someone who can't read your mind, how am I to tell whether you are or you are not antisemitic with the presented evidence of antisemitism? How are you going to convince me that your continued use of antisemitism in conversation is not a product of antisemitic beliefs?

And the point is not to create taboo subjects or to silence you (though that idea is developing into a lovely new antisemitic canard). If you can't hold a conversation with or around Jews without feeling as though you have to restrain your thoughts -- you are doing it wrong.
Check my location!

"

"

"

Let's have a look.

Germans. Not Poles.

Read more on Wikipedia:

In other words, you want to be offended.

Dude, there's fucking nothing I can do for you. I'm sorry you see offence everywhere, but I'm not taking your shit.

Read more on Wikipedia:

Dude, there's fucking nothing I can do for you. I'm sorry you see offence everywhere, but I'm not taking your shit.

Shusha is a dudette.

Read more on Wikipedia:

Shusha is a dudette.

Shusha is someone who tries to force people to accept their way of thinking by throwing out "anti-Semite" at them.

including this gem: I would never say that Jews control the media; Jews only control most of the media.
How is that anti-Semitic? Sumner Redstone owner National Amusements? Bob Igor CEO Disney? Brian L. Roberts CEO Comcast? That's >50% of the global market right there when you consider TV & movies
The 6 Companies That Own (almost) All Media [Infographic] | WebpageFX

News: Andrew Lack Chairman NBC News, Leslie Moonves CEO CBS News, Ben Goldston pres ABC news, Jeff Zucker Pres CNN. Fox appears to be the only major news outlet without a Jewish CEO/Pres.
We can go on...Print media is much the same. I fail to see the antisemitism in citing a fact. Jews do run...thus control much of the media.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Jews DO control the media,

On the contrary, I do not see offence everywhere. I only see it where people are offensive and litter their posts with antisemitic canards. Seems to me that you are the offended one. You are offended that people call you antisemitic for using antisemitic canards. Shrug. Your circus, your monkeys.

Shusha is someone who tries to force people to accept their way of thinking by throwing out "anti-Semite" at them.

On the contrary. I LOVE it when antisemites are, you know, vocally antisemitic. I just hate the hypocrisy of people like you who want to be antisemitic while pleading innocence.

On the contrary, I do not see offence everywhere. I only see it where people are offensive and litter their posts with antisemitic canards. Seems to me that you are the offended one. You are offended that people call you antisemitic for using antisemitic canards. Shrug. Your circus, your monkeys.

On the contrary, you do, and you've shown it quite a few times.

How is that anti-Semitic?

Seriously? How often is it mentioned that MEN control the media? Or that CHRISTIANS control the media? Or that ATHEISTS control the media? Or that CIS control the media? Or that HETERO controls the media? Or that WHITES control the media? Or that people with GLASSES control the media? Or that people with BRITISH ancestry control the media? Or that MEAT-EATERS control the media? Or that the WEALTHY control the media? Or that SKINNY people control the media?

When someone says "control the media" it is always associated with Jews. I have never seen anyone talk about "control the media" without bringing up Jews. It is a sub-category of the "control the world" canard.

On the contrary. I LOVE it when antisemites are, you know, vocally antisemitic. I just hate the hypocrisy of people like you who want to be antisemitic while pleading innocence.

I'm sure it would be impossible for me to not be anti-Semitic when talking about Jews, in your opinion. All I need to do is say something you don't agree with and "Jew" in the same sentence and then all of a sudden I'm a raving anti-Semite.

You're boring me.

How is that anti-Semitic?

Seriously? How often is it mentioned that MEN control the media? Or that CHRISTIANS control the media? Or that ATHEISTS control the media? Or that CIS control the media? Or that HETERO controls the media? Or that WHITES control the media? Or that people with GLASSES control the media? Or that people with BRITISH ancestry control the media? Or that MEAT-EATERS control the media? Or that the WEALTHY control the media? Or that SKINNY people control the media?

When someone says "control the media" it is always associated with Jews. I have never seen anyone talk about "control the media" without bringing up Jews. It is a sub-category of the "control the world" canard.

The problem here is that SOME PEOPLE do say Jews control the media because they're anti-Semites and some people say Jews control the media because this is what they think.

In your eyes anyone who says it is anti-Semitic because it's convenient for you.

Other people will see that it's not the case.

Men still dominate national newspaper journalism

"
Men still dominate national newspaper journalism"

Yes, actually, you do see things that say men control the media.

I'm sure it would be impossible for me to not be anti-Semitic when talking about Jews, in your opinion. All I need to do is say something you don't agree with and "Jew" in the same sentence and then all of a sudden I'm a raving anti-Semite.

You're boring me.

Nope. You can talk about the Jewish people all you want. Its not a problem until you start using antisemitic canards.

Here are some examples:

Jews sure know how to make good soup.
Jews built a really bad-ass Temple back in the day.
Jews managed to resurrect a living language from one that was purely liturgical after thousands of years.
Jews celebrate their Sabbath from sundown Friday evening to just after sundown Saturday evening.
Jews have self-determination in their ancestral and historical territory.

See? No problem.

Here's some helpful tips on what to avoid:

Associating Jews, generally, with wealth.
Associating Jews with media control or controlling the world
Associating Jews with murdering children, blood, matzoh, all that good stuff.
Associating Jews with poisoning wells, water, farmland, etc.
Associating Jews with pigs and apes.
Associating Jews with deception.
Associating Jews with murdering deities.

Those are just a few places to start. This isn't actually that hard, you know.

Forum List

Back