Three Men Hanged For Having Gay Sex In Iran

nice tolerant peaceful religion...
Will you make the same statement about Christianity ?

Because the Christian nation of Uganda executes homosexuals. :doubt:

is it in christian law to kill them like it is in Sharia (muslim) Law? Serious question, i think its not but I could be wrong.

What is the word for christian law anyway?

There is no "Christian Law" other than to love God and one another. And there is no word found in the New Testament that can be translated "homosexual" as any form of sexual orientation/deviation other than male/female relationships was a totally foreign concept to that culture. No mention of it is attributed to Jesus in any place.

The word 'homosexual" I believe wasn't even coined until I think the 19th Century. There are only three passages in the New Testament that are generally interpreted as anti-gay by some Christian groups, but in each case these were all incidentally included in lists of other sins/vices considered unacceptable in the First Century Christian culture. the Greek word πόρνοι / pórnoi sometimes erroneously translated 'homosexual' and more often more accurately as 'sodomite' most likely referred to male prostitutes or male prostitution that could be for the pleasure of men or women.

And while Christianity certainly has its violent past history, as does EVERY religion, I am unaware of ANY present day Christian groups who advocate jailing or doing violence to anybody purely on the basis of sexual orientation or any other situation that does not involve breaking the law.

And people wonder why we fight the right wing? They go on about making this a "Christian" country and how we need God in government. Insisting there is no separation of church and state. They won't admit it, but the government they want is Iran's, but American Christian instead of Muslim.
Anyone see the right wing talk about the death penalty in the Republican Presidential debate. 'nuff said.

And people wonder why we fight the right wing? They go on about making this a "Christian" country and how we need God in government. Insisting there is no separation of church and state. They won't admit it, but the government they want is Iran's, but American Christian instead of Muslim.
Anyone see the right wing talk about the death penalty in the Republican Presidential debate. 'nuff said.
You're anti Rightwing Christian but not anti Muslim on a day that Muslims killed homosexuals.

You're anti Rightwing Christian but not anti Muslim on a day that Muslims killed homosexuals.

Why are you accusing me of something you know is a lie. Right wing is right wing. No way I would dislike one and not the other. Dum Dum. Does even the most obvious have to be explained?

It doesn't help the long-term overpopulation problem as gays, left to themselves, don't add to the population. Better to hang some heterosexuals who approve of homosexuality.

That's what Republicans want to do in Texas. Read the Republican Party State Platform. They want to make anyone helping gays get married a felon and reinstate laws making gays criminals. You should move there if you don't live there already. You would fit right in. They have a minimum wage job with no health insurance all lined up. Can you say, "Flip burgers"?

Why are you accusing me of something you know is a lie. Right wing is right wing. No way I would dislike one and not the other. Dum Dum. Does even the most obvious have to be explained?
So you're anti Muslim?

That's what Republicans want to do in Texas. Read the Republican Party State Platform. They want to make anyone helping gays get married a felon and reinstate laws making gays criminals.
So what, Muslims just kill them

That's what Republicans want to do in Texas. Read the Republican Party State Platform. They want to make anyone helping gays get married a felon and reinstate laws making gays criminals.

And right wingers only want to. That's why this country isn't a religious theocracy.

And right wingers only want to. That's why this country isn't a religious theocracy.
You just can't do it, speak out about Muslims.

There is no "Christian Law" other than to love God and one another. And there is no word found in the New Testament that can be translated "homosexual" as any form of sexual orientation/deviation other than male/female relationships was a totally foreign concept to that culture.
The Book of Revelations refers to dogs.

Saying that dogs will not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven

The Hebrew term "Dogs" is referring to homosexuals.

Revelations 22:15 "Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying"

There is no "Christian Law" other than to love God and one another. And there is no word found in the New Testament that can be translated "homosexual" as any form of sexual orientation/deviation other than male/female relationships was a totally foreign concept to that culture.

Revelations 22:15 "Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying"
Not that I doubt you, so much as I wouldn't know one way or the other, but do you have a reference to show the Hebrew dog/homosexual connection?

All religion is superstitious nonsense.

Buy why do you single out Muslims? Abraham didn't create THREE religions, he only created ONE. Speaking out on one sect of Abraham's religion is really speaking out against all three.

Let's see, what do I say to that to be succinct? You're full of it? That's silly? All of the above?

Again translation from the ancient Greek, the 'dogs' are a metaphor for morally impure or possibly sexually impure which would refer to fornicators, adulterers, and male and female prostitutes. Even by the close of the First Century when The Book of Revelation was written, there was still no concept of homosexuality in that culture.

All religion is superstitious nonsense.

Buy why do you single out Muslims? Abraham didn't create THREE religions, he only created ONE. Speaking out on one sect of Abraham's religion is really speaking out against all three.
I'm not a religious person myself, but Muslims are clearly the religion that would kill a person like yourself for your opinions, yet you bash Christians in a thread about Muslims killing homosexuals.

Forum List

Back