Three Men Hanged For Having Gay Sex In Iran

And people wonder why we fight the right wing? They go on about making this a "Christian" country and how we need God in government. Insisting there is no separation of church and state. They won't admit it, but the government they want is Iran's, but American Christian instead of Muslim.
Anyone see the right wing talk about the death penalty in the Republican Presidential debate. 'nuff said.
You're anti Rightwing Christian but not anti Muslim on a day that Muslims killed homosexuals.

Gays thrive in Israel (Kinda like they do in West Hollywood) yet the Far Left hates Israel too, go figure.

Will you make the same statement about Christianity ?

Because the Christian nation of Uganda executes homosexuals. :doubt:

is it in christian law to kill them like it is in Sharia (muslim) Law? Serious question, i think its not but I could be wrong.

What is the word for christian law anyway?

There is no "Christian Law" other than to love God and one another. And there is no word found in the New Testament that can be translated "homosexual" as any form of sexual orientation/deviation other than male/female relationships was a totally foreign concept to that culture. No mention of it is attributed to Jesus in any place.

The word 'homosexual" I believe wasn't even coined until I think the 19th Century. There are only three passages in the New Testament that are generally interpreted as anti-gay by some Christian groups, but in each case these were all incidentally included in lists of other sins/vices considered unacceptable in the First Century Christian culture. the Greek word πόρνοι / pórnoi sometimes erroneously translated 'homosexual' and more often more accurately as 'sodomite' most likely referred to male prostitutes or male prostitution that could be for the pleasure of men or women.

And while Christianity certainly has its violent past history, as does EVERY religion, I am unaware of ANY present day Christian groups who advocate jailing or doing violence to anybody purely on the basis of sexual orientation or any other situation that does not involve breaking the law.

It does however look as though it is Christians who are working for the killing of gays in Uganda - and the plot thickens because if these articles are to believed it is far right American Christians who are behind it

Dear Ugandan Christians: Stop Torturing Your Citizens

Human rights advocates across the world are frustrated for many reasons: Not only because of irresponsible Ugandan media outlets like Rolling Stone, which very well may have been responsible for David's death, but because of the many Christians who have instigated religious-based violence at the core of this conflict. Frank and I spoke in January and he candidly asserted that homophobia has always existed in Uganda, but the catalyst for violence truly came following a presentation by three U.S. evangelists -- Scott Lively, Don Schmierer, and Caleb Lee Brundidge -- in March 2009. As has been widely reported, they preached anti-gay lectures at a conference that laid the foundation for the "Anti-Homosexuality Bill" spit out of the Ugandan Parliament in the fall of 2009 by David Bahati. While it already is illegal to be an LGBT person in Uganda, this bill invokes even harsher punishments (including the death penalty) for those "accused" of being homosexual. "People used to live in society and were not harassed, not arrested," Frank said. "This bill has created violence towards LGBTI people all over the country."

After the U.S. evangelists visited Uganda, the country was tainted by a wave of religious-based violence.
Many parents threw their kids out of their households after hearing the conference lectures, and forced them into therapy to be "cured." Transgender people were stripped naked and taken into churches where congregants prayed for the "demons" to be released from their bodies. In Uganda, where an overwhelming majority of the country professes to be Christian, there is a considerable amount of influence from the pulpit. And it's not only by foreign religious leaders but local priests who are overwhelmingly preaching hostility towards LGBT persons. "How can you even start communicating with people who are very hostile like that? You don't even have the avenues to create the type of dialogue," Frank said.

Joseph Ward III: Dear Ugandan Christians: Stop Torturing Your Citizens

and

American, right wing, fundamentalist Christian group is behind the attempt by the government to impose the death penalty for homosexual acts in Uganda, East Africa. This, dear Premier friends, is what Christians are doing to homosexuals in Africa. Christian ministers have already been behind the murder of gay men and women in Jamaica, when are you going to speak out about this obscenity? What more do you need? Archbishop Sentamu has condemned them, Archbishop Tutu has condemned them...now it’s your turn.

US fundamentalist group at heart of Uganda's anti-gay law
NowPublic | World...

A United States fundamentalist group is at the heart of Uganda's anti-gay law. Originally known as The Fellowship, an international organization founded in 1935, today it is known as 'The Family', described by Jeff Sharlet in his book The Family: Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power, who investigates the political power of 'The Family', a secretive fundamentalist Christian association. 'The Family', under the reclusive leadership of Douglas Coe, is described by prominent evangelical Christians as one of the most, or the most, politically well-connected fundamentalist organizations in the United States.

Christian Group Behind Attempt to Have Gays Murdered in Uganda Latest Developments Jan 2011 Murders have Started! - Premier Christian Community

I also not sure how based in Islam these laws are. I remember hearing a Christian Lebanese poster saying that their anti gay laws were brought to them by their colonisers.

is it in christian law to kill them like it is in Sharia (muslim) Law? Serious question, i think its not but I could be wrong.

There is no "Christian Law" other than to love God and one another. And there is no word found in the New Testament that can be translated "homosexual" as any form of sexual orientation/deviation other than male/female relationships was a totally foreign concept to that culture. No mention of it is attributed to Jesus in any place.

The word 'homosexual" I believe wasn't even coined until I think the 19th Century. There are only three passages in the New Testament that are generally interpreted as anti-gay by some Christian groups, but in each case these were all incidentally included in lists of other sins/vices considered unacceptable in the First Century Christian culture. the Greek word πόρνοι / pórnoi sometimes erroneously translated 'homosexual' and more often more accurately as 'sodomite' most likely referred to male prostitutes or male prostitution that could be for the pleasure of men or women.

And while Christianity certainly has its violent past history, as does EVERY religion, I am unaware of ANY present day Christian groups who advocate jailing or doing violence to anybody purely on the basis of sexual orientation or any other situation that does not involve breaking the law.

It does however look as though it is Christians who are working for the killing of gays in Uganda - and the plot thickens because if these articles are to believed it is far right American Christians who are behind it

Human rights advocates across the world are frustrated for many reasons: Not only because of irresponsible Ugandan media outlets like Rolling Stone, which very well may have been responsible for David's death, but because of the many Christians who have instigated religious-based violence at the core of this conflict. Frank and I spoke in January and he candidly asserted that homophobia has always existed in Uganda, but the catalyst for violence truly came following a presentation by three U.S. evangelists -- Scott Lively, Don Schmierer, and Caleb Lee Brundidge -- in March 2009. As has been widely reported, they preached anti-gay lectures at a conference that laid the foundation for the "Anti-Homosexuality Bill" spit out of the Ugandan Parliament in the fall of 2009 by David Bahati. While it already is illegal to be an LGBT person in Uganda, this bill invokes even harsher punishments (including the death penalty) for those "accused" of being homosexual. "People used to live in society and were not harassed, not arrested," Frank said. "This bill has created violence towards LGBTI people all over the country."

After the U.S. evangelists visited Uganda, the country was tainted by a wave of religious-based violence.
Many parents threw their kids out of their households after hearing the conference lectures, and forced them into therapy to be "cured." Transgender people were stripped naked and taken into churches where congregants prayed for the "demons" to be released from their bodies. In Uganda, where an overwhelming majority of the country professes to be Christian, there is a considerable amount of influence from the pulpit. And it's not only by foreign religious leaders but local priests who are overwhelmingly preaching hostility towards LGBT persons. "How can you even start communicating with people who are very hostile like that? You don't even have the avenues to create the type of dialogue," Frank said.

and

American, right wing, fundamentalist Christian group is behind the attempt by the government to impose the death penalty for homosexual acts in Uganda, East Africa. This, dear Premier friends, is what Christians are doing to homosexuals in Africa. Christian ministers have already been behind the murder of gay men and women in Jamaica, when are you going to speak out about this obscenity? What more do you need? Archbishop Sentamu has condemned them, Archbishop Tutu has condemned them...now it’s your turn.

NowPublic | World...

A United States fundamentalist group is at the heart of Uganda's anti-gay law. Originally known as The Fellowship, an international organization founded in 1935, today it is known as 'The Family', described by Jeff Sharlet in his book The Family: Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power, who investigates the political power of 'The Family', a secretive fundamentalist Christian association. 'The Family', under the reclusive leadership of Douglas Coe, is described by prominent evangelical Christians as one of the most, or the most, politically well-connected fundamentalist organizations in the United States.

Christian Group Behind Attempt to Have Gays Murdered in Uganda Latest Developments Jan 2011 Murders have Started! - Premier Christian Community

I also not sure how based in Islam these laws are. I remember hearing a Christian Lebanese poster saying that their anti gay laws were brought to them by their colonisers.

I can understand the dichotomy that exists here. Uganda is perhaps the only country I can think of in which the demographics is listed as mostly Christian in which abject poverty and senseless violence is the norm. The President of Uganda, however, though identified as "Christian" behaves as anything but Christian. I cannot believe anybody with a genuine relationship with Jesus Christ would be capable of the consistent brutality he condones. Those who call themselves 'Christian' don't always have a good grasp on what that is.

From what I've read on Christianity and Church attendance in Uganda it seems to be more a social acceptance/tribal kind of thing than an experession of true Christianity, and it is complicated. Uganda may be somewhat better than surrounding countries testifying to the large number of refugees who flee from brutality elsewhere, but as far as human rights go, it has little to brag about. It is certainly an anomaly in the Christian world.

and

NowPublic | World...

Why do you mention Uganda Alexa? do deflect off the Iranians?

Three Men Hanged For Having Gay Sex In Iran

r-IRAN-large570.jpg

Three Men Hanged For Having Gay Sex In Iran: Reports

nice tolerant peaceful religion...
Will you make the same statement about Christianity ?

Because the Christian nation of Uganda executes homosexuals. :doubt:

Yes, that pretty much puts them in the asshole catagory.

and

NowPublic | World...

No someone had already mentioned Christian's in Uganda killing gays and someone even asked for a link. I had of course heard of it before so knew it was so but carried on reading till I came to this post and though just as well to put it in here.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

and

No someone had already mentioned Christian's in Uganda killing gays and someone even asked for a link. I had of course heard of it before so knew it was so but carried on reading till I came to this post and though just as well to put it in here.

Oh.

I hope the Iranians rise up and overthrow this piece of trash government.

Why should they overthrow a government that wants to eliminate sodomy from its society!?
You see highgravity Steppingfletcher Fag sodomy supporter, some countries still have a
morals and human standards that they adhear to.

Not like you and and many of the American liberal Fag and sodomy supporters in America,
who have no morals what so ever, and who are on their way to hell in a fag hand basket.!!

Why should they overthrow a government that wants to eliminate sodomy from its society!?
You see highgravity Steppingfletcher Fag sodomy supporter, some countries still have a

Not like you and and many of the American liberal Fag and sodomy supporters in America,
who have no morals what so ever, and who are on their way to hell in a fag hand basket.!!

Go fuck yourself clown.

Go fuck yourself clown.

No faggot shit hole stabber supporter, go fuck your fags, and yourself asshole booty bandit
maytag.!!

Go fuck yourself clown.

No faggot shit hole stabber supporter, go fuck your fags, and yourself asshole booty bandit
maytag.!!

I'm the fag yet you are featured in nearly every thread about homosexuality on this forum.:cuckoo:

maytag.!!

I'm the fag yet you are featured in nearly every thread about homosexuality on this forum.:cuckoo:

Because Sodomy/ homosexuality, is one of the sickest acts humans can engage in.
And I will continue to speak out against it.

And you will continue to partake in it on the down low you undercover booty bandit, you are trying way too hard to justify your supposed heterosexuality.

Never will partake in any acts of homosexuality. It is a sin, Sodomy is a sin.
And it is sick and perverted.Please speak for your self with regards to this.
Maybe you do. I will never engage in any homosexual acts!!

and

NowPublic | World...

You're a fucking nut job.

Truth.

Forum List

Back