Three Members Of A Radical Right Wing Militia Group Sentenced

And you won't find any *rightists* who squawk at being identified as such.

That's a lefty thing.

I love lefties who like to argue that their brand of leftism is *different* than all the others.

Kosher Girl -

Again, I am not a "lefty" or a "leftist." Rage against them all you want.

I honestly have no idea why you are finding that difficult to understand.

My interest here is purely and simply in the use of correct terminology.

Last edited:
All words are made up at some point, lefty.

True.

But words like 'neo-Nazi', 'crypto-fascist' and 'Maoist' are accepted political terms with dictionary-defined meanings. They are used by anyone who studies Political Sciences. They define real people, groups and ideologies.

"Lefty" and "righty" are labels used by people who do not understand those terms.

First thing willing to fight a corrupt federal government would not make them extreme

Yeah, I think it pretty much would make them extreme.

If taking up arms against a democratically elected government is not extreme, then I guess most terror cells aren't extreme in your book. I say otherwise.

A democratically elected government can also become a tyrannical government. So do you puss out and take it?

A democratically elected government can also become a tyrannical government. So do you puss out and take it?

Well Hitler was democratically elected - so you have a fair point there.

But I think 90% of what we hear called 'tyranny' and 'oppression' is nothing worthy of the terms. When I hear Americans, in particular, talking about tyranny, what they generally mean is a government they don't especially like. They are in no way oppressed.

People in North Korea, Belarus, Zimbabwe and Iran know what real oppression is like - the rest of us should feel fairly damn lucky our countries don't look like theirs do.

And none of the above supports the silliness that "their [sic] are very few right wing extremist militias.'

Try that in any college college in a project and get laughed out of it.

Yeah, most are extremist right wing militia groups. SPL states, "Currently, there are 1,002 known hate groups operating across the country, including neo-Nazis, Klansmen, white nationalists, neo-Confederates, racist skinheads, black separatists, border vigilantes and others."

The Militia Movement -- Extremism in America

FBI — Domestic Terrorism: Focus on Militia Extremism

Hate and Extremism | Southern Poverty Law Center

Anyone that uses Mark Potok's SPLC as a reputable source is either a fool or a liar.

But I think 90% of what we hear called 'tyranny' and 'oppression' is nothing worthy of the terms. When I hear Americans, in particular, talking about tyranny, what they generally mean is a government they don't especially like. They are in no way oppressed.

People in North Korea, Belarus, Zimbabwe and Iran know what real oppression is like - the rest of us should feel fairly damn lucky our countries don't look like theirs do.

You prove his point for him, unless you think we should ALLOW our oppression to reach those extremes...

And none of the above supports the silliness that "their [sic] are very few right wing extremist militias.'

Yeah, most are extremist right wing militia groups. SPL states, "Currently, there are 1,002 known hate groups operating across the country, including neo-Nazis, Klansmen, white nationalists, neo-Confederates, racist skinheads, black separatists, border vigilantes and others."

Anyone that uses Mark Potok's SPLC as a reputable source is either a fool or a liar.

I knew you were talking about Jake before I even scrolled up to see his name.

You prove his point for him, unless you think we should ALLOW our oppression to reach those extremes...

I agree that we need to be wary of encroaching oppression, but to be honest I don't think there is a person in America who HONESTLY thought Obama or Bush or JFK or Reagan were suddenly about to turn the US into one giant Siberian Labour Camp.

We can all defend our civil rights by voting, by demonstrating, writing letters, making donations...whatever we need to do, but we don't need a stockpile of weapons to do so. Maybe one day we will - but not for the past 40 years, and probably not for the next 40.

Now do you understand my point?

I agree that we need to be wary of encroaching oppression, but to be honest I don't think there is a person in America who HONESTLY thought Obama or Bush or JFK or Reagan were suddenly about to turn the US into one giant Siberian Labour Camp.

We can all defend our civil rights by voting, by demonstrating, writing letters, making donations...whatever we need to do, but we don't need a stockpile of weapons to do so. Maybe one day we will - but not for the past 40 years, and probably not for the next 40.

Are you kidding? Voting got us to the patriot act, voting got us to the NDAA 2012 What will voting do next? one man running in a pretend two party election,, winning every time?

Right wing extremists hate the SPLC, I understand that, and you are the fool or the liar if you believe their work is not accurate.

Well, I'd rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them...

Safefamilygunguide.jpg

So the Second Amendment militia groups are all leftists, is that what the extremist apologists on the right are saying?

So the Second Amendment militia groups are all leftists, is that what the extremist apologists on the right are saying?

In the far right's mind, everything that is "bad" is always "lefties", while those on the right are perfect angels, that never do anything wrong because they are the most amazing people on earth, placed here by jesus himself. :tongue: :cuckoo:

What is a 2nd Amendment militia group?

I'm a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, but I don't belong to any militia.

What does that make me?

What is a 2nd Amendment militia group?

I'm a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, but I don't belong to any militia.

What does that make me?

Smart American who does not the cover of a paramillitary organization undedicated to the principles of the Constitution.

Forum List

Back