Thousands face job loss when part of stimulus expires

The GOP is more interested in blocking legislation than in trying to help Americans get back on the job

How many jobs have the Republicans given us?

The GOP is more interested in blocking legislation than in trying to help Americans get back on the job

The Republicans are about to hire 435 people who will get to work clearing the shit in Washington DC.

But I can see this coming: The administration artificially created "jobs" at an inflated cost. When that money runs out they can put those same people on unemployment for 99 weeks.
How many jobs has Obama "created" again????

You getting a job is up to you.. not the responsibility of government or to be forced upon someone else, wrongwinger... quit expanding government, taxing more and more, and getting in the way of business for the want of more governmental control... sustainable jobs come from business, not from government red tape

The only way to keep having government 'create' more phony jobs is to keep expanding government... not a wise thing

You getting a job is up to you.. not the responsibility of government or to be forced upon someone else, wrongwinger... quit expanding government, taxing more and more, and getting in the way of business for the want of more governmental control... sustainable jobs come from business, not from government red tape

The only way to keep having government 'create' more phony jobs is to keep expanding government... not a wise thing

I see. So does this mean ALL of the "conservatives" and the Tea Baggers will stop blaming Obama for the lack of job creation now?

I see. So does this mean ALL of the "conservatives" and the Tea Baggers will stop blaming Obama for the lack of job creation now?

That would be a first.

No. Obama is responsible for creating an environment where jobs aren't being created, not for the creation of those jobs itself. This distinction is doubtless lost on you.
Government cannot create jobs, but it can do an awful lot to kill them.

Government policy and especially taxation can effect jobs in terms of unemployment, business expansion, etc... but I have never put the whole picture of job creation on any president... but then again, Obama did indeed promise one thing and the exact opposite has happened.. maybe the big dolt should have not shot from the hip and spouted his insane bullshit

That would be a first.

No. Obama is responsible for creating an environment where jobs aren't being created, not for the creation of those jobs itself. This distinction is doubtless lost on you.

So.....the jobs that were created by Obama's stimulus (if you had actually read the article you would know this), are not REAL jobs? Or just not REALLY created by the government?

That would be a first.

So.....the jobs that were created by Obama's stimulus (if you had actually read the article you would know this), are not REAL jobs? Or just not REALLY created by the government?

They are not sustainable jobs.. more and more government spending is needed to keep these jobs that were not based on actual demand... not to mention it is not the role of government in the first place to create a job nor to ensure you have one...

That would be a first.

They are not sustainable jobs.. more and more government spending is needed to keep these jobs that were not based on actual demand... not to mention it is not the role of government in the first place to create a job nor to ensure you have one...

Even the private sector jobs that were created by tax cuts to small businesses contained with the stimulus?

so in conclusion, the left wing nutbars including obie wan want to keep re distributing wealth by claiming job loss at the same time they are convincing us the job loss is lessening and we are supposed to jump up and open our purse strings and give them everything they ask for, unread, unquestioned, and unsustainable, while they the libturds play class, race, and economic baiting war games with the populace. Is this correct? We don't like it. We don't like your race card. We don't like your union thugs, and we don't like your lack of leadership. If all you can do is piss money away get the hell out of Washington. TIA.

:lol:

Politicians don't create jobs outside government.

But, they like suckers like you to believe they do.

Even the private sector jobs that were created by tax cuts to small businesses contained with the stimulus?

Tax cuts "contained within the stimulous!"

You ever consider JUST the tax cuts WITHOUT BILLION$$$ of additional spending?:eusa_eh:

No, I suppose that would have been too easy.:cuckoo:

Last edited:

You ever consider JUST the tax cuts WITHOUT BILLION$$$ of additional spending?:eusa_eh:

No, I suppose that would have been to easy.:cuckoo:

The "premise" of the stimulus was to put people back to work on things such as infrastructure. I agreed with this premise. Since we have been spending billions of dollars in the previous adminsitration to blow shit up, only to spend even more to rebuild them in OTHER countries, I considered this to be a good investment. I understand why people like you just don't get it, though.

What about those 55 jobs created in LA?

You know, the jobs it cost $110 million to create.

Wonder how often that has occured throughout this whole stimulus saved or created fiasco??

The "premise" of the stimulus was to put people back to work on things such as infrastructure. I agreed with this premise. Since we have been spending billions of dollars in the previous adminsitration to blow shit up, only to spend even more to rebuild them in OTHER countries, I considered this to be a good investment. I understand why people like you just don't get it, though.

I was interested in this very subject when I read the article in the OP: What exactly are the success stories?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...e-job-loss-when-part-of-stimulus-expires.html

It looks like a Pie Company will keep 11 of 12 workers they hired after the $1,000,000,000stimulous money for subsidizing the hirees expires.

Are you saying that if the program gets another $1,000,000,000 then maybe the American economy will benefit by the hiring of another 11 Pie Makers?

I like Pie like the next guy, but not that much.

I was interested in this very subject when I read the article in the OP: What exactly are the success stories?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...e-job-loss-when-part-of-stimulus-expires.html

It looks like a Pie Company will keep 11 of 12 workers they hired after the $1,000,000,000stimulous money for subsidizing the hirees expires.

Are you saying that if the program gets another $1,000,000,000 then maybe the American economy will benefit by the hiring of another 11 Pie Makers?

I like Pie like the next guy, but not that much.

I am not saying that at all. I was simply stating my position on the premise of the stimulus.

I'd say the argument that $800,000,000,000 needs to be infused annually into the U.S. economy to "save the jobs" is evidence enough that the stimulus is a pretty dumb fucking idea.

All this stimulus did was reward bad acting in the banking and other sectors. PERIOD. Only when shit crumbles and people are forced to deal with the aftermath will they stop the bad practices.

We've almost institutionalized bad business practices by ensuring the U.S. taxpayer will postpone the bloodletting. Great.

Forum List

Back