Thousand Oaks bar gunman was 'out of control' in high school, coach says

Judging from the current behavior of our adults, aged 30 to 70s, we have had child-rearing problems for many decades. Swearing all over the place, calling people names, refusing to interact with society, thinking that they can go around touching other people sexually with impunity, and then protecting this sexual misconduct, etc. Now we have a 72-year-old child in the Oval Office who thinks that he is entitled to get away with anything and everything. His parents should have taken him out to the woodshed 60 years ago. His father should have had the common decency to clip his ears back, but failed.

What we need is a set of standard societal norms for behavior and uphold them strictly. Ian David Long should have been expelled and arrested. Brock turner should not have been treated with leniency. This dereliction of duty by the powers that be goes on and on.
------------------------------ we are talking about NOW and this has to do with 'mrobama' policies and not President Trump and your fantasies of 'caning' the President Lysis . --- Parkland Shooting: Did Obama-Era School Discipline Policies Enable It? | National Review ---

Ban high schools.

bullies.jpg
-------------------------------- ban the feminine teachers , girls and females that teach and brainwash boys .
Leave it to INCEL for blaming women for violent boys/men.

Ban high schools.

bullies.jpg
-------------------------------- ban the feminine teachers , girls and females that teach and brainwash boys .
Leave it to INCEL for blaming women for violent boys/men.
--------------------------------------- its just my OPINION that most women CAN'T and more importantly SHOULDN'T handle Boys that should be thinking of themselves as Young MEN Bode

humans have been murdering since they became human
humans have been angry/assaulted/etc since they became human
==it's not a mental illness issue

....per what Toronado says, not only will there be thousands and thousands that not only will not commit murder [ which you already have ] you also will also have many false accusations against innocent people
..this is a slippery slope/very complicated
..hundreds of thousands of neighbors get into disputes
...how many high school/college kids get into fights/etc?
But back in the day, White people who were Christians had a reformation, which no longer looked for an eye for an eye, but turn the other cheek. So instead of continuing with tribalism, people started being more civilized to each other, but there were always a few liberals who wanted to own it all, and keep slaves of those that they deemed worthless. We see it today in the Democrat party, where they allow those of color just enough to survive, but if they step off the plantation and make something of themselves, instantly they are called Oreos, Uncle Toms, or traitors to the hood....

Now in the old days we had NUNS as teachers and i think they were fine though i never had a NUN as a teacher but i hear that they were good diciplinarians that could and would kick Boys and Girls azzes . That being said , many hip hopping young female public school teachers are only interested in getting into the pants and panties of their public school students Bode . [also interested in getting their paycheck Bode]

Judging from the current behavior of our adults, aged 30 to 70s, we have had child-rearing problems for many decades. Swearing all over the place, calling people names, refusing to interact with society, thinking that they can go around touching other people sexually with impunity, and then protecting this sexual misconduct, etc. Now we have a 72-year-old child in the Oval Office who thinks that he is entitled to get away with anything and everything. His parents should have taken him out to the woodshed 60 years ago. His father should have had the common decency to clip his ears back, but failed.

What we need is a set of standard societal norms for behavior and uphold them strictly. Ian David Long should have been expelled and arrested. Brock turner should not have been treated with leniency. This dereliction of duty by the powers that be goes on and on.

YOu just failed your own standards, by lying about the President. You are part of the problem.

YOu just failed your own standards, by lying about the President. You are part of the problem.

How did I lie about your whore?

I have stated repeatedly that our society takes extraordinary measures to ensure that men are able to pursue whatever dreams they deem to pursue. Protecting convicted rapist Brock Turner's swimming career was more important than obtaining justice for the woman he violated. For numerous police officers, including a police chief whom were known to be domestic violence abusers, their careers were determined to be more important than the lives and safety of their victims because if they were treated in accordance with our laws, then they would have to be legally disarmed. Since you can not be a police officer if you can't carry a weapon they were allowed to keep their weapons and their jobs while some of their victims lost their lives.

Now we have Ian David Long, the mass shooter who killed 12 individuals including a police officer in Thousand Oaks California and he too apparently was coddled and measures were taken in order to not damage his ability to pursue his dream of becoming a U.S. Marine even though he assaulted one of his high school coaches and is alleged to have claimed that the reason he wanted to become a marine is so that he can kill people on behalf of the United States.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not attempting to paint entire groups or professions with the same broad brush of the worse of them, but in most if not all of these cases, the symptoms were there, but apparently no was willing to do what was needed because it would have harmed their future prospectives in their chosen endeavors.

If the powers that be are unable or unwilling to act when there are these blatent, blinding, flashing neon red flags, they have no business trying to regulate the lives of the rest of us, in my opinion.

MONTCLAIR, Calif. (AP) — A second high school coach of the gunman who killed 12 people at a Southern California bar recalled him on Sunday as volatile and intimidating, and said that repeated complaints to school administrators about his behavior failed to prompt any discipline.

Evie Cluke coached Ian David Long on Newbury Park High School's track team in 2007 and 2008. In an interview with The Associated Press, she said Long was a "ticking time bomb" who constantly lost his temper, threw tantrums and would scream at coaches when he didn't like their decisions. She said she once witnessed him assault a fellow coach.

That coach, Dominique Colell, said Long grabbed her rear and midsection after she refused to return a cellphone. Another time, he used his hand to mimic shooting her, Colell said, adding that she feared for herself whenever she was around him.​

Partly I blame my own profession, the teaching profession. I mean look: it's all right there. Generally, despite what people on this board say, we really want the best for all children/students. We would look at a kid like this and, if he has a dream of going into the US military, we would tend to think, "Well let's help him achieve his goal". But right now it's blinding us to all kinds of problems. That caring and compassion that we have is a double-edged sword.

Partly I blame the culture. Parents are just not tough enough these days. It's never MY kid. It's always someone else's fault. You have to do something to fix my kid, or someone is out to get my kid, or there must be some kind of label you can put on my kid so he's a victim and not a perpetrator. As a culture, this begins very, very young in small ways and spirals up in bigger ways.

In short, it's a hot mess top to bottom. Sorry to be a downer, but there it is. As I have said before in so many ways, one fix for this would be an absolute zero-tolerance policy for violence in schools. But the culture doesn't have the stomach for it. The parents don't have the stomach for it.

So we will continue spewing out kids for whom their former teachers will say, "I knew this was coming."
Our local high schools do have a zero tolerance policy. Well, three strikes you're out. Forever. If Long had done to our coach what he did to that coach at his school, he would have been automatically out and also arrested. That, too, can be difficult, since a coworker's autistic teenager is one more shove/slap incident away from never seeing the inside of a school again.
-------------------------------------------- didn't 'mrobama' have rules installed in that florida parkland shooting school that said , don't arrest the boys . Or was it only , don't arrest the boys of color . Something to do with ending the school to prison 'pipeline' OldLady .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- Parkland Shooting: Did Obama-Era School Discipline Policies Enable It? | National Review --- so for sure if they had these policies in effect in Florida the rules had to be in effect in the land of Fruits and Nuts or 'kalifornia' OldLady .
----------------------------------------- so , Parkland school had problems because of 'mrobamas' policies so why not this ;thousands oaks' school . --- Parkland Shooting: Did Obama-Era School Discipline Policies Enable It? | National Review ---
Mr. Obama read the research. Juvie doesn't help. God knows what would, pismoe, but juvie just knocks the bad in, as the Native Americans used to say.
HOW EFFECTIVE IS JUVENILE DETENTION?

June 25, 2013 by Steve Rempe

What impact does imprisoning young offenders have on their development and maturation? A new study by economists Anna Aizer and Joseph J. Doyle, Jr. indicates that juvenile detention is not the deterrent desired by law enforcement officials, but actually increases the odds of recidivism while reducing the possibility that they will graduate from high school.

Acknowledging that kids being detained are going to be statistically different than those that have never been detained, the researchers sought to focus on the juvenile justice system in Chicago, and compared kids who received a sentence of detention with those who did not for similar crimes. In these cases, the incarcerated youth were 13 percent less likely to graduate from high school. and 22 percent more likely to return to prison than those who were sentenced to alternative punishments such as home monitoring. These recidivism rates for adolescents are significantly higher than those for adult prisoners.
How Effective Is Juvenile Detention? - Prison Fellowship

Not sure about the specifics here bit many times these mass shooters kegally own their guns.

I need to hire a dozen of the NRA's brightest to come up with a way of identifying these ppl as correctly as possible. The problem is you arw going to identify a number, say 10,000 ppl country wide as unfit for gun ownership and ban them from legally owning guns

THEN when they commit no murders with legal guns you won't be able to prove they would have.

Come on NRA, help me figure this out.

The problem with
So the FBI background check doesn't work, because of the patient/doctor relationship. In Atlanta the guy was released from the hospital, so he could go and visit his family, instead the insane liberal, went and bought a gun, passed the background check, because of the relationship clause, and shot and killed 6 people, threw the gun into a trash can, was subdued and then put back in the hospital. Lucky for the insane man I wasn't there, I would of shot and killed him, so there wouldn't be another failure of the system...
So you think it is funny Crapo kid that insane liberals go out of their way to execute normal people? I could be so lucky if one happened your way...

How did I lie about your whore?

Everything other than his age, was a lie. People like you are tearing this nation apart.

like i say , the shooting by youngsters didn't start in MY or my Parents Generation when all the boys [at least] showed up at School with a gun or 2 in their pickup trucks or hands . These murders by students or young men are recent since modern teaching , teachers and law enforcement and then lately 'mrobamas' policies took over . And then you silly people worry about some boys / young men giving a pretend or real [non violent] 'nazi' salute that was probably NOT a Salute to 'nazis' Bode .

Last edited:
Partly I blame my own profession, the teaching profession. I mean look: it's all right there. Generally, despite what people on this board say, we really want the best for all children/students. We would look at a kid like this and, if he has a dream of going into the US military, we would tend to think, "Well let's help him achieve his goal". But right now it's blinding us to all kinds of problems. That caring and compassion that we have is a double-edged sword.

Partly I blame the culture. Parents are just not tough enough these days. It's never MY kid. It's always someone else's fault. You have to do something to fix my kid, or someone is out to get my kid, or there must be some kind of label you can put on my kid so he's a victim and not a perpetrator. As a culture, this begins very, very young in small ways and spirals up in bigger ways.

In short, it's a hot mess top to bottom. Sorry to be a downer, but there it is. As I have said before in so many ways, one fix for this would be an absolute zero-tolerance policy for violence in schools. But the culture doesn't have the stomach for it. The parents don't have the stomach for it.

So we will continue spewing out kids for whom their former teachers will say, "I knew this was coming."
Our local high schools do have a zero tolerance policy. Well, three strikes you're out. Forever. If Long had done to our coach what he did to that coach at his school, he would have been automatically out and also arrested. That, too, can be difficult, since a coworker's autistic teenager is one more shove/slap incident away from never seeing the inside of a school again.
-------------------------------------------- didn't 'mrobama' have rules installed in that florida parkland shooting school that said , don't arrest the boys . Or was it only , don't arrest the boys of color . Something to do with ending the school to prison 'pipeline' OldLady .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- Parkland Shooting: Did Obama-Era School Discipline Policies Enable It? | National Review --- so for sure if they had these policies in effect in Florida the rules had to be in effect in the land of Fruits and Nuts or 'kalifornia' OldLady .
----------------------------------------- so , Parkland school had problems because of 'mrobamas' policies so why not this ;thousands oaks' school . --- Parkland Shooting: Did Obama-Era School Discipline Policies Enable It? | National Review ---
Mr. Obama read the research. Juvie doesn't help. God knows what would, pismoe, but juvie just knocks the bad in, as the Native Americans used to say.

What impact does imprisoning young offenders have on their development and maturation? A new study by economists Anna Aizer and Joseph J. Doyle, Jr. indicates that juvenile detention is not the deterrent desired by law enforcement officials, but actually increases the odds of recidivism while reducing the possibility that they will graduate from high school.

Acknowledging that kids being detained are going to be statistically different than those that have never been detained, the researchers sought to focus on the juvenile justice system in Chicago, and compared kids who received a sentence of detention with those who did not for similar crimes. In these cases, the incarcerated youth were 13 percent less likely to graduate from high school. and 22 percent more likely to return to prison than those who were sentenced to alternative punishments such as home monitoring. These recidivism rates for adolescents are significantly higher than those for adult prisoners.
------------------------------ mrobama and you are wrong on so much its funny OldLady !!

------------------------------ mrobama and you are wrong on so much its funny OldLady !!
Right. By all means, pismoe, show me where the research is wrong.

Err, my concern is more with the non violent children who are being asked, no, REQUIRED BY LAW, to go to school with violent criminals.

You're welcome to come up with whatever wonderful, touchy feelie alternatives you want for the criminals, as long as it does not involve them staying and ruining and endangering.

Right. By all means, pismoe, show me where the research is wrong.
---------------------------------- i only know 'mrobamas' policies and their results . I don't much care about your lefty research that i call Bogus OldLady . --- Parkland Shooting: Did Obama-Era School Discipline Policies Enable It? | National Review ---

The first and most important solution to the problem is recognizing that there is not one solution to the problem

---------------------------------------------- and i'll go with the policies of 'mrobama' being the problem while 'mrobama' had them in force rather that you and some American Indians pronouncements and lefty research about how to handle young criminal type . Here is 'mrobamas' way of handling young criminal types , --- Parkland Shooting: Did Obama-Era School Discipline Policies Enable It? | National Review --- next thing is you be advertising how 'somali elders council of lewiston maine ' do things OldLadt .

I have stated repeatedly that our society takes extraordinary measures to ensure that men are able to pursue whatever dreams they deem to pursue. Protecting convicted rapist Brock Turner's swimming career was more important than obtaining justice for the woman he violated. For numerous police officers, including a police chief whom were known to be domestic violence abusers, their careers were determined to be more important than the lives and safety of their victims because if they were treated in accordance with our laws, then they would have to be legally disarmed. Since you can not be a police officer if you can't carry a weapon they were allowed to keep their weapons and their jobs while some of their victims lost their lives.

Now we have Ian David Long, the mass shooter who killed 12 individuals including a police officer in Thousand Oaks California and he too apparently was coddled and measures were taken in order to not damage his ability to pursue his dream of becoming a U.S. Marine even though he assaulted one of his high school coaches and is alleged to have claimed that the reason he wanted to become a marine is so that he can kill people on behalf of the United States.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not attempting to paint entire groups or professions with the same broad brush of the worse of them, but in most if not all of these cases, the symptoms were there, but apparently no was willing to do what was needed because it would have harmed their future prospectives in their chosen endeavors.

If the powers that be are unable or unwilling to act when there are these blatent, blinding, flashing neon red flags, they have no business trying to regulate the lives of the rest of us, in my opinion.

MONTCLAIR, Calif. (AP) — A second high school coach of the gunman who killed 12 people at a Southern California bar recalled him on Sunday as volatile and intimidating, and said that repeated complaints to school administrators about his behavior failed to prompt any discipline.

Evie Cluke coached Ian David Long on Newbury Park High School's track team in 2007 and 2008. In an interview with The Associated Press, she said Long was a "ticking time bomb" who constantly lost his temper, threw tantrums and would scream at coaches when he didn't like their decisions. She said she once witnessed him assault a fellow coach.

That coach, Dominique Colell, said Long grabbed her rear and midsection after she refused to return a cellphone. Another time, he used his hand to mimic shooting her, Colell said, adding that she feared for herself whenever she was around him.​
That boy should've been arrested for what he was guilty of doing during his days in school. Since he wasn't apparently, the authority people who chose to do nothing in my opinion should be busted their laziness now if they can be still because all that their doing nothing did was enable him.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Whoa..."swearing all over the place"? "Calling people names"? Isn't that about 90% of what you do here on US message boards? Do you need examples? Just a quick walk through you post history should do it....

I mean wow

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

No. It's much more complex than that too. For example, "guns" doesn't explain all the violence we are now seeing in ELEMENTARY schools.

Hello, Sue. No disrespect intended though this question is not for SweetSue. The following question is for SensiblePracticalSue.

In your opinion is dysfunctional, incompetent and/or apathetic child rearing primarily responsible for perfectly healthy newborns quickly developing into elementary school-age kids full or half full of anger, frustration, rage and violence?

Peace.

If I said that yes, many cases of violence from our children was due to neglectful and even horrid parenting, what would be your solution? I think we are on the same page here, but I'm not sure what we can do about it through the schools.

Forum List

Back