Thousand Oaks bar gunman was 'out of control' in high school, coach says

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
I have stated repeatedly that our society takes extraordinary measures to ensure that men are able to pursue whatever dreams they deem to pursue. Protecting convicted rapist Brock Turner's swimming career was more important than obtaining justice for the woman he violated. For numerous police officers, including a police chief whom were known to be domestic violence abusers, their careers were determined to be more important than the lives and safety of their victims because if they were treated in accordance with our laws, then they would have to be legally disarmed. Since you can not be a police officer if you can't carry a weapon they were allowed to keep their weapons and their jobs while some of their victims lost their lives.

Now we have Ian David Long, the mass shooter who killed 12 individuals including a police officer in Thousand Oaks California and he too apparently was coddled and measures were taken in order to not damage his ability to pursue his dream of becoming a U.S. Marine even though he assaulted one of his high school coaches and is alleged to have claimed that the reason he wanted to become a marine is so that he can kill people on behalf of the United States.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not attempting to paint entire groups or professions with the same broad brush of the worse of them, but in most if not all of these cases, the symptoms were there, but apparently no was willing to do what was needed because it would have harmed their future prospectives in their chosen endeavors.

If the powers that be are unable or unwilling to act when there are these blatent, blinding, flashing neon red flags, they have no business trying to regulate the lives of the rest of us, in my opinion.

MONTCLAIR, Calif. (AP) — A second high school coach of the gunman who killed 12 people at a Southern California bar recalled him on Sunday as volatile and intimidating, and said that repeated complaints to school administrators about his behavior failed to prompt any discipline.

Evie Cluke coached Ian David Long on Newbury Park High School's track team in 2007 and 2008. In an interview with The Associated Press, she said Long was a "ticking time bomb" who constantly lost his temper, threw tantrums and would scream at coaches when he didn't like their decisions. She said she once witnessed him assault a fellow coach.

That coach, Dominique Colell, said Long grabbed her rear and midsection after she refused to return a cellphone. Another time, he used his hand to mimic shooting her, Colell said, adding that she feared for herself whenever she was around him.​

Not sure about the specifics here bit many times these mass shooters kegally own their guns.

I need to hire a dozen of the NRA's brightest to come up with a way of identifying these ppl as correctly as possible. The problem is you arw going to identify a number, say 10,000 ppl country wide as unfit for gun ownership and ban them from legally owning guns

THEN when they commit no murders with legal guns you won't be able to prove they would have.

Come on NRA, help me figure this out.

The problem with

Not sure about the specifics here bit many times these mass shooters kegally own their guns.

I need to hire a dozen of the NRA's brightest to come up with a way of identifying these ppl as correctly as possible. The problem is you arw going to identify a number, say 10,000 ppl country wide as unfit for gun ownership and ban them from legally owning guns

THEN when they commit no murders with legal guns you won't be able to prove they would have.

Come on NRA, help me figure this out.

The problem with
So the FBI background check doesn't work, because of the patient/doctor relationship. In Atlanta the guy was released from the hospital, so he could go and visit his family, instead the insane liberal, went and bought a gun, passed the background check, because of the relationship clause, and shot and killed 6 people, threw the gun into a trash can, was subdued and then put back in the hospital. Lucky for the insane man I wasn't there, I would of shot and killed him, so there wouldn't be another failure of the system...

MONTCLAIR, Calif. (AP) — A second high school coach of the gunman who killed 12 people at a Southern California bar recalled him on Sunday as volatile and intimidating, and said that repeated complaints to school administrators about his behavior failed to prompt any discipline.

Evie Cluke coached Ian David Long on Newbury Park High School's track team in 2007 and 2008. In an interview with The Associated Press, she said Long was a "ticking time bomb" who constantly lost his temper, threw tantrums and would scream at coaches when he didn't like their decisions. She said she once witnessed him assault a fellow coach.

That coach, Dominique Colell, said Long grabbed her rear and midsection after she refused to return a cellphone. Another time, he used his hand to mimic shooting her, Colell said, adding that she feared for herself whenever she was around him.

Obama BULLIES VIOLENT CHILDREN.jpg
Peace.

I have stated repeatedly that our society takes extraordinary measures to ensure that men are able to pursue whatever dreams they deem to pursue. Protecting convicted rapist Brock Turner's swimming career was more important than obtaining justice for the woman he violated. For numerous police officers, including a police chief whom were known to be domestic violence abusers, their careers were determined to be more important than the lives and safety of their victims because if they were treated in accordance with our laws, then they would have to be legally disarmed. Since you can not be a police officer if you can't carry a weapon they were allowed to keep their weapons and their jobs while some of their victims lost their lives.

Now we have Ian David Long, the mass shooter who killed 12 individuals including a police officer in Thousand Oaks California and he too apparently was coddled and measures were taken in order to not damage his ability to pursue his dream of becoming a U.S. Marine even though he assaulted one of his high school coaches and is alleged to have claimed that the reason he wanted to become a marine is so that he can kill people on behalf of the United States.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not attempting to paint entire groups or professions with the same broad brush of the worse of them, but in most if not all of these cases, the symptoms were there, but apparently no was willing to do what was needed because it would have harmed their future prospectives in their chosen endeavors.

If the powers that be are unable or unwilling to act when there are these blatent, blinding, flashing neon red flags, they have no business trying to regulate the lives of the rest of us, in my opinion.

That coach, Dominique Colell, said Long grabbed her rear and midsection after she refused to return a cellphone. Another time, he used his hand to mimic shooting her, Colell said, adding that she feared for herself whenever she was around him.​

Partly I blame my own profession, the teaching profession. I mean look: it's all right there. Generally, despite what people on this board say, we really want the best for all children/students. We would look at a kid like this and, if he has a dream of going into the US military, we would tend to think, "Well let's help him achieve his goal". But right now it's blinding us to all kinds of problems. That caring and compassion that we have is a double-edged sword.

Partly I blame the culture. Parents are just not tough enough these days. It's never MY kid. It's always someone else's fault. You have to do something to fix my kid, or someone is out to get my kid, or there must be some kind of label you can put on my kid so he's a victim and not a perpetrator. As a culture, this begins very, very young in small ways and spirals up in bigger ways.

In short, it's a hot mess top to bottom. Sorry to be a downer, but there it is. As I have said before in so many ways, one fix for this would be an absolute zero-tolerance policy for violence in schools. But the culture doesn't have the stomach for it. The parents don't have the stomach for it.

So we will continue spewing out kids for whom their former teachers will say, "I knew this was coming."

Partly I blame my own profession, the teaching profession. I mean look: it's all right there. Generally, despite what people on this board say, we really want the best for all children/students. We would look at a kid like this and, if he has a dream of going into the US military, we would tend to think, "Well let's help him achieve his goal". But right now it's blinding us to all kinds of problems. That caring and compassion that we have is a double-edged sword.

Partly I blame the culture. Parents are just not tough enough these days. It's never MY kid. It's always someone else's fault. You have to do something to fix my kid, or someone is out to get my kid, or there must be some kind of label you can put on my kid so he's a victim and not a perpetrator. As a culture, this begins very, very young in small ways and spirals up in bigger ways.

In short, it's a hot mess top to bottom. Sorry to be a downer, but there it is. As I have said before in so many ways, one fix for this would be an absolute zero-tolerance policy for violence in schools. But the culture doesn't have the stomach for it. The parents don't have the stomach for it.

So we will continue spewing out kids for whom their former teachers will say, "I knew this was coming."
Could it be that the Marxists in this country are intentionally instilling violence in our kids?

Could it be that the Marxists in this country are intentionally instilling violence in our kids?

No it couldn`t. Could it be that our guns for all policy is a disaster?

No. It's much more complex than that.

No it couldn`t. Could it be that our guns for all policy is a disaster?

No. It's much more complex than that too. For example, "guns" doesn't explain all the violence we are now seeing in ELEMENTARY schools. Everywhere, not just my school. And of course, these kids don't even have guns.

humans have been murdering since they became human
humans have been angry/assaulted/etc since they became human
==it's not a mental illness issue

....per what Toronado says, not only will there be thousands and thousands that not only will not commit murder [ which you already have ] you also will also have many false accusations against innocent people
..this is a slippery slope/very complicated
..hundreds of thousands of neighbors get into disputes
...how many high school/college kids get into fights/etc?

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

No. It's much more complex than that too. For example, "guns" doesn't explain all the violence we are now seeing in ELEMENTARY schools.

Hello, Sue. No disrespect intended though this question is not for SweetSue. The following question is for SensiblePracticalSue.

In your opinion is dysfunctional, incompetent and/or apathetic child rearing primarily responsible for perfectly healthy newborns quickly developing into elementary school-age kids full or half full of anger, frustration, rage and violence?

Peace.

Our local high schools do have a zero tolerance policy. Well, three strikes you're out. Forever. If Long had done to our coach what he did to that coach at his school, he would have been automatically out and also arrested. That, too, can be difficult, since a coworker's autistic teenager is one more shove/slap incident away from never seeing the inside of a school again.

humans have been murdering since they became human
humans have been angry/assaulted/etc since they became human
==it's not a mental illness issue

....per what Toronado says, not only will there be thousands and thousands that not only will not commit murder [ which you already have ] you also will also have many false accusations against innocent people
..this is a slippery slope/very complicated
..hundreds of thousands of neighbors get into disputes
...how many high school/college kids get into fights/etc?
Mental illness has been around as long as humans have.

Our local high schools do have a zero tolerance policy. Well, three strikes you're out. Forever. If Long had done to our coach what he did to that coach at his school, he would have been automatically out and also arrested. That, too, can be difficult, since a coworker's autistic teenager is one more shove/slap incident away from never seeing the inside of a school again.
-------------------------------------------- didn't 'mrobama' have rules installed in that florida parkland shooting school that said , don't arrest the boys . Or was it only , don't arrest the boys of color . Something to do with ending the school to prison 'pipeline' OldLady .

-------------------------------------------- didn't 'mrobama' have rules installed in that florida parkland shooting school that said , don't arrest the boys . Or was it only , don't arrest the boys of color . Something to do with ending the school to prison 'pipeline' OldLady .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- Parkland Shooting: Did Obama-Era School Discipline Policies Enable It? | National Review --- so for sure if they had these policies in effect in Florida the rules had to be in effect in the land of Fruits and Nuts or 'kalifornia' OldLady .

Judging from the current behavior of our adults, aged 30 to 70s, we have had child-rearing problems for many decades. Swearing all over the place, calling people names, refusing to interact with society, thinking that they can go around touching other people sexually with impunity, and then protecting this sexual misconduct, etc. Now we have a 72-year-old child in the Oval Office who thinks that he is entitled to get away with anything and everything. His parents should have taken him out to the woodshed 60 years ago. His father should have had the common decency to clip his ears back, but failed.

What we need is a set of standard societal norms for behavior and uphold them strictly. Ian David Long should have been expelled and arrested. Brock turner should not have been treated with leniency. This dereliction of duty by the powers that be goes on and on.

course some people figure that the libs and dems want violence in schools as it help their anti gun agenda so 'mrobama' introduces some policies that let violent students get away with violence eh until the violence can no longer be ignored eh ??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- Parkland Shooting: Did Obama-Era School Discipline Policies Enable It? | National Review --- so for sure if they had these policies in effect in Florida the rules had to be in effect in the land of Fruits and Nuts or 'kalifornia' OldLady .
----------------------------------------- so , Parkland school had problems because of 'mrobamas' policies so why not this ;thousands oaks' school . --- Parkland Shooting: Did Obama-Era School Discipline Policies Enable It? | National Review ---

New Topics

Forum List

Back