Those Car Repair Insurance Ads.You Need To Buy Our Coverage Or Someday Your Car Is Going To Die! Anyone Falling For It?

i wonder if the owners of these companies are aware of a "Million Mile Club" for Honda Accords? some of them have hit the million mile mark,,,,,but where did they drive to?
I have a Dodge diesel with half a million miles on it. I've had to change the water pump, starter, break pads, a ball joint, and a few other parts that wore out, but repairing a few parts is much cheaper than buying a new one.

I have a Dodge diesel with half a million miles on it. I've had to change the water pump, starter, break pads, a ball joint, and a few other parts that wore out, but repairing a few parts is much cheaper than buying a new one.
Exactly who needs another mortgage payment on a vehicle?

you mean to tell me that most parts,,,well vital parts for korean cars are made in china? so as a whole...they are only "Somewhat made in China",..,..well thats not good! but i do hope to buy a chevy SUV next year.

I've been watching a lot of mechanic videos of people that bring in their vehciles for this or that, and most of it is just stupid people bringing in vehicles that are literally death on wheels.

Be he also puts in a lot of videos where people with brand new vehicles bring them in with super cheap shit parts installed on them from the factories, that are broken, made wrong, or just plain missing. And a LOT of the parts they show are made in China. One of the BIGGEST parts that Honda and Mazda are buying from China that are nothing but cheap pot metal and break and fall apart, are the differentials........SOOOOOOOOOOOO many videos on those being brought in!!

Most of these policies cover only things that fail very rarely (internal engine parts, transmissions, etc.), and they EXCLUDE anything that wears out, such as tires, brakes, shocks, bushings, etc. I'm sure they make a lot of money, but I have no doubt that there are SOME PEOPLE who benefit greatly from having the policy.

Perversely, I think they may know what they are doing because they turned me down twice. Literally turnned me down. Wouldn't even quote me a price. Here are the vehicles:

2007 Mercedes Benz 560SL with 25k miles on it, and

2017 BMW 3-series X-drive with 50k miles.

Both of these cars have a higher than average incidence of failures, and those failures are often very expensive. If they turned me down, they actually check the data of specific cars to ensure that they will be profitable.

Kias and Hyundais are disposable vehicles. Most of their parts are not repairable, you have to replace the entire part, which of course......they're gonna really screw you over on the price.

But........with all auto makers getting substandard parts from China now, they are ALL disposable vehicles. Your'e lucky if your vehicle lasts more than 80K miles.

Sure, computerized engines tend to last longer because they self regualte now, but the rest of the vehicle is just a piece of shit. Which is why I buy used vehicles.
Use vehicles have already been thru the grinder and their "breaking in" period. I sure as hell ain't paying $50K for a vehicle for it to start falling apart before I even get home from the dealership!!!

Nope. When I buy a used vehicle, I know what it should sound like, look like, feel like, and smell like. I check ALL the fluids and sniff all the fluids. I can tell if there's any problems and what the problems are that way. More often than not......when I buy a used vehicle, all I need to do to it is get all the fluids and filters changed, get new brake pads, new engine belt, and a tune up. Then I'm good to go. Costs a hell of a lot less than having to continue to take a brand new car into the shop every other month!!!

You should buy a Toyota or a Honda and you wouldnt have those problems.
Once I could afford new vehicles I bought them. I generally keep a vehicle for 10 years because I've spent a lot of money in mods.
These days I dont drive that much since I retired. My 2016 Tundra only has a little over 11k miles and I dont see me needing a new truck for the rest of my life.

Most people would be better off putting the money in a bank account rather than paying for the "insurance".

Maybe these ads are just targeting the more lesser intelligent people who are car owners and always forget to change their oil every three thousand miles, and never take their vehicles in just for regular check ups?
Why would anyone waste time & money changing oil every 3k miles? I run my synthetic oil & filter to 15k miles. Transmission filter to 75k miles. We have mostly domestic brand vehicles & they all get $250k miles unless they get crashed.

I've been watching a lot of mechanic videos of people that bring in their vehciles for this or that, and most of it is just stupid people bringing in vehicles that are literally death on wheels.

Be he also puts in a lot of videos where people with brand new vehicles bring them in with super cheap shit parts installed on them from the factories, that are broken, made wrong, or just plain missing. And a LOT of the parts they show are made in China. One of the BIGGEST parts that Honda and Mazda are buying from China that are nothing but cheap pot metal and break and fall apart, are the differentials........SOOOOOOOOOOOO many videos on those being brought in!!
I only have issues with parts from Mexico. Parts from Japan, China & USA are usually good.

Not to name any names, but comon! Really? sooner or later, your car is going to die! your engine is going to call it quits and its going to cost you up to maybe $10,000 {or less} in repairs. Oh Really? Tell that to Honda Accord and Toyota Camry Owners! and certian Kia and Hyundai owners. Aren't there thousand, if not a few million Honda Accords out there still running smoothly after 250,000 miles? and the same with other vehicles?
Maybe these ads are just targeting the more lesser intelligent people who are car owners and always forget to change their oil every three thousand miles, and never take their vehicles in just for regular check ups? But noooo! if you dont buy our auto repair coverage policy, thats it! your car is gonna die and painful and very expensive death very soon !!! :omg:
They're a scam.

I occasionally get a call from a company whose solicitor notes that they notice that my vehicle was out of warranty and offered its extended warranty services. I respond that the wife and I own two cars and inquire which of the two they were referring to? Totally throws them off script.

I occasionally get a call from a company whose solicitor notes that they notice that my vehicle was out of warranty and offered its extended warranty services. I respond that the wife and I own two cars and inquire which of the two they were referring to? Totally throws them off script.
I just tell them to F-off. Totally throws them off script.

Not to name any names, but comon! Really? sooner or later, your car is going to die! your engine is going to call it quits and its going to cost you up to maybe $10,000 {or less} in repairs. Oh Really? Tell that to Honda Accord and Toyota Camry Owners! and certian Kia and Hyundai owners. Aren't there thousand, if not a few million Honda Accords out there still running smoothly after 250,000 miles? and the same with other vehicles?
Maybe these ads are just targeting the more lesser intelligent people who are car owners and always forget to change their oil every three thousand miles, and never take their vehicles in just for regular check ups? But noooo! if you dont buy our auto repair coverage policy, thats it! your car is gonna die and painful and very expensive death very soon !!! :omg:
I don't know. They might have a point if talking about EV's. At some point your battery is going to die and you are either going to have to fork out 10K or more for a battery on a used car or buy a new car. It may be quite stupid to spend 10K on a battery for a very used car, unless you have this do or die insurance to cover it.

Kias and Hyundais are disposable vehicles. Most of their parts are not repairable, you have to replace the entire part, which of course......they're gonna really screw you over on the price.

My Kia came with a 110,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Have had no issues with it at all. Great little car.

Forum List

Back