Thomas Sowell...the destruction of a black school ......

What an interesting story. What was a wonderful success story just evaporated into thin air when schools were forced to be integrated.

Maybe we should take a look at schools being rated according to their standards and students who excel above acceptable levels. Every student should use their test scores to determine which schools they should attend.

Those at the bottom rung of academic prowess would get the most advanced technology and the teachers would be the highest paid, but their services would not be wanted if their students did not perform at acceptable standards. Teachers would be evaluated every year. Students who were to be found to be a distraction in the school, black or white would go to "alternative" schools where several police are on the grounds to insure that students followed rules. Minimum standards would be acceptable and above all, vocational training would be paramount.

Scary how today's conservatives are yearning for the days of segregation

It's not the conservatives that are doing it.

Cal State L.A. BLACK Student Union wrote a letter to the president of the university with a list of demand including "the creation and financial support of a CSLA housing space delegated for black students and a full time Resident Director that could cater to the needs of Black students".

In other words, they wanted special treatment in the CREATION of, financial support, and we all know what that means, and to be CATERED to because they are black.

Where have you seen white students unions demanding such things?

Cal State L.A. BLACK Student Union wrote a letter to the president of the university with a list of demand including "the creation and financial support of a CSLA housing space delegated for black students and a full time Resident Director that could cater to the needs of Black students".

In other words, they wanted special treatment in the CREATION of, financial support, and we all know what that means, and to be CATERED to because they are black.

AHAHAHAHAHA If they did the left's heads would spin and explode.....and that my friend is where the problem lies

AHAHAHAHAHA If they did the left's heads would spin and explode.....and that my friend is where the problem lies

The left makes every excuse as to why blacks doing such a thing is justified but would call it racism if whites did it.

The historically black college in my state declared "financial exigency", the equivalent of bankruptcy, in June, 2015. $20 million in debt.

No, you're thinking of democrats. They've been resegregating America for forty five years. They call it diversity.

Yep.....another example of how progressives think: if the intentions are good, just do it.....fuck the results. Its a major theme in many of Sowell's books........and damn if he doesn't decimate the progressive k00k arguments.

Blacks were soaring in the late 1950's, especially where small business was concerned. But since the early 60's these people have fallen further and further into the shitter as government has gotten bigger and bigger.

I was a full ledged Marxist in college back in 1979......proudly carrying my Marx/Engels reader around campus with my NY Times under my other arm....."The German Ideology" being the most profound thing I had ever read.

Stumbled upon Sowell who made me realize that none of these social utopians ever wrote about application of economics to their theories...............duh. You read Sowell ( especially "Vision of the Anointed" ) and realize that unless you have a plate in your head, looking at the results of public policies matter.:2up::biggrin::biggrin:

Sowell is a very smart man and always worth the read. Another former leftist leader back in the '60s and who had second thoughts about the outcomes of all the many "causes" is also one hell of a good read when it comes to leftist failures is David Horowitz.

Forum List

Back