This will certainly end well - Matrix producer plans Muhammad biopic

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Matrix producer plans Muhammad biopic | Film | guardian.co.uk

Budgeted at around $150m (£91.5m), the film will chart Muhammad's life and examine his teachings. Osborne told Reuters that he envisages it as "an international epic production aimed at bridging cultures. The film will educate people about the true meaning of Islam".

Osborne's production will reportedly feature English-speaking Muslim actors. It is backed by the Qatar-based production company Alnoor Holdings, who have installed the Muslim scholar Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi to oversee all aspects of the shoot. In accordance with Islamic law, the prophet will not actually be depicted on screen

Thoughts?

Somewhere jent is committing Hari Kari as soon as this was posted.

Of course right after she blogged about it.

let me guess the peace loving muslims will say nothing....the nut jobs will flip out and try to kill him....oh and blow something up...

And as for your question, Mel Gibson made a movie about Jesus.

There was a movie about Moses with the great Charlie Heston.

Isn't there a movie about the Buddha out there? I forget it's name.

So now someone is making another religious movie. Big Deal. If you don't want to see it, don't.

And as for your question, Mel Gibson made a movie about Jesus.

There was a movie about Moses with the great Charlie Heston.

Isn't there a movie about the Buddha out there? I forget it's name.

So now someone is making another religious movie. Big Deal. If you don't want to see it, don't.

I could care less, but I just wonder what the reaction is going to be. It also depends on the final product too I suppose.

And is there a movie about Buddha? I did not know that. :lol:

As long as Muhammad is not depicted on film, there should not be too much of an issue. Then again, you never know how the religious will react.

Forum List

Back