This was sooo cool !

S

Sandy73

When I was flying back yesterday from Cancun to New Orleans we were stopped on an active runway for about 30 minutes. Needless to say we were all curious why this was..

Then I looked out my window and saw Air Force 2 !! I was soo syked ! I was less than a football field away from the VP of the US !! You should have seen the secret service and police and everyone else official ! I was worth the wait on the plane.. Totally Awesome !!

Well From a distance ithink ! At least it looked like him... But thier were soo many people around him !

Originally posted by Sandy73
Well From a distance ithink ! At least it looked like him... But thier were soo many people around him !

Sandy, thanks to my mom, I met him in person, shook his hand, he gave my mom kiss on the cheek! :usa: :usa: :cheers2:

Ummm, my family is very GOP, Mom started us down that path. In 2000 she was in wheelchair and I was working on campaign. I got VIP tickets which were handicapped allowed. She had this really cool wheelchair, well for a wheelchair.;) All black, hugely padded for skin reasons. Anywhoo, she also was deaf and wore hearing aids along with a microphone feedback deal, very complicated. When Bush and Cheney hit the stage, Naperville and the Swear 1 incident with open mike, The crowd went nuts! My moms electronics started with feedback! The secret service rushed and swarmed her and us!

Now you got an 80 year old, 65 pound women in a wheelchair, with all this hearing stuff. It took them about 30 seconds to start apologizing. Cheney came up and he apologized and it was so cool! Bush came and shook hands after they were done speaking!

WOW that is cool and I thought me brief non- encounter was cool... That is truely AWESSOME ! Congrats ! What an honor !

WOW that is cool and I thought me brief non- encounter was cool... That is truely AWESSOME ! Congrats ! What an honor !

Thanks! My mom died last September, we laugh everytime we remember that story. I forgot to tell you, she was Sooo downtown when she was healthy. We had decorated her wheelchair with red, white, and blue crepe paper in the spokes! She was wearing a white leather jacket with the flag on the vest pocket! Milar helium flag balloons tied to handles! USA cap and picks of Cheney and Bush with Mom. She'd had a couple strokes by this time, but her thinking was ok. She told one of the Secret Service guys that it was OK, her son was a policeman and he'd once given an old lady a ticket because my mom had pissed him off. The agent actually laughed!

Cheney doesn't come off that well on television, but in person he is warm and considerate. I'll never forget that.

How sweet you have such a great memory ! I am sorry about your Mother but she sounded like a wonderful patriotic woman !

I love fysty old people ! My Grandmother is 88 and she is a wild old lady but very patriotic and true to her country !

How sweet you have such a great memory ! I am sorry about your Mother but she sounded like a wonderful patriotic woman !

I love fysty old people ! My Grandmother is 88 and she is a wild old lady but very patriotic and true to her country !

Cherish her. You'll look back and laugh. I have great memories and almost no regrets. (ok, in jr. year my friend and I climbed out my bedroom window....police were called.... grounded a long time....never mind! :p:

What no pics of guys in uniforms for Jenny? Hell just seeing the big ass plane would been cool to see..and can't forget the guys in uniforms..dam girl you were lucky..:cof:

Actually, over the weekend Air Force 2 Flew into the Johnstown Airport. Cheney threw out the first ball at one of our local baseball games and visited various Volunteer Fire Companies in the area.

My boyfriend is a paramedic and runs with the Ambulance service closest to the airport. Apparently, Air Force 2 was struck by lightning while in Johnstown (VP wasnt on the plane at the time). The shift prior to his had a silent dispatch (not over public scanner) for the lightning strike to treat the co-pilot and fueler. Neither took a direct hit and were hurt (to the best of my knowledge).

Forum List

Back