This Trump nightmare has got to end folks, this is getting insane!!

Disheveled young female rang doorbell just a few minutes ago.....

Eyes wide, kinda drooling a little. Maybe stoned?

Had a kid in a backpack - one with a Hillary logo on it. The backpack;
dunno about the kid.

She wanted money "for food".

I told her she could have twenty bucks if she'd just say "Thank You President Trump"....

She thought about it....you could almost see a couple of gears churning.

Then she stammered.....

"Thank You President Hillary!".

She's still out in the entry.

Children's Protective Services oughta get here any minute now. If they'll
take tips I'll give 'em the 20.
1*84BnjZAd_DjgxQZkNVGh7Q.jpeg

I'm greatly amused with the Jobs vs Careers argument coming out of the party that literally just spend a number of years trying to argue that McDonald's is a "career" that should be able to pay for a family of four. LOL

I'm greatly amused with the Jobs vs Careers argument coming out of the party that literally just spend a number of years trying to argue that McDonald's is a "career" that should be able to pay for a family of four. LOL
It's almost the most stupid fucking thing I've ever heard on this site, and I've heard a lot of fucking stupid shit here.

It's almost the most stupid fucking thing I've ever heard on this site, and I've heard a lot of fucking stupid shit here.
Hey Mary Popins why don't you just admit you got a fucking Job!!!!

I'd say it's in the top ten yea.
What type of job do you have???? I won't ask what type of career you have because it doesn't exist.

I've had both careers and jobs dear. My first job was as a puller at a gun range, I delivered parts for Napa, then I became a manager for the local newspaper. That was all before college, and every penny of it went into the stock market, into computers specifically. After receiving a degree as a computerized bookkeeper I got into the corporate game, as an accountant originally but I wanted too be an executive. After grabbing the sexism of the time by the balls, and plying my newspaper management experience, I landed an executive level manager position with BP overseeing operations in Alaska. I became bored with that "single layer" position, and wanting more time for my hobbies (which included some political activism; LGBT rights and small businesses,) and ultimately became self-employed as an interim executive - basically when you hear about some high level manager or CEO getting fired, we're the folks that come in and hold down the fort until the BOD could find someone to hold the position permanently. My wide range of experience across the board and selective training also lead to me being hired on as an advisor for everything from inside finances to negotiating out of PR disasters.

For the past 15 years or so I've been working extensively with small businesses around the nation. It became a bit of a pet project of mine after the dot.com bubble burst as my first two small businesses failed; the first being semi unrelated - I had broke my wrist killing my custom jewelry line (which was ironically, perhaps, was sold at Nordstrom's) but that had led to my web development company, which lost all but two of it's clients during the dot.com bubble burst. It bothered me greatly to have seen so many of my clients internet based small businesses fail... I suppose I almost feel responsible somehow, like I should have done "more" than just their websites to get them through those times. In any event, I started taking on a more "personal" role in directly advising and helping to manage and set up small businesses for success. I have generally considered myself as "retired" since I quit BP, in that basically I only take a bid for interim exec positions if I want money for something (like I'll take a job if I want to buy a cabin or whatever,) and for the past five years now I've only taken on emergency positions with small businesses, preferring instead to finance them rather than hassle with running them anymore. This frees me up for my other hobbies; electronics is my current entertainment, creating various gadgets and do-dads for personal use.

How about you son? From the immaturity of your replies I'm guessing you're a college student, perhaps recently graduated, maybe you've got a few years as a server under your belt?

I find a lot around that age leap out into the adult world with no planning, no focus, and no idea how to budget their income. They have a car payment, rent is expensive, they have a student loan - and for some reason no one magically hires them off the street for the $20-25/h they would need to pay their acquired bills now that their parent(s) aren't covering their rent, food, and gas "allowance." Sometimes paying for health insurance gets into this as well. They have this idea that they're "entitled" to the American Dream, yet they have zero patience to work for it over time. They want it right now and they're not going to wait. Suddenly they find themselves struggling to make ends meet, and they can't stand the idea of admitting their failure to plan a proper budget so going back to living with to their parent's is out of the question. Then they expect America as a whole to make up the difference and cover their ass because they're special and somehow worth investing in. They often have an absolutely useless liberal arts degree and yet there's just not enough teacher jobs open, so basically they're paying for a degree that they'll possibly never use and end up working drive-through making them bitter. Instead of taking responsibility for how they fucked up their own life, they throw a long lasting tantrum, lashing out and blaming "oppression" by successful people - who pretty much snicker at their "qualifications" for any good paying position. Perhaps worse still these twits arrogant snotty attitudes that no one who runs a business is willing to risk losing customers over.

Forum List

Back