This thrills me no end.

When dining out, my husband and I choose restaurants with nice lounge areas where we can have dinner at the bar so that there is zero chance of a child being present.

LOL! Damn y'all make kids sound like diseased lepers!:eek:

Kids are nothing but little germ factories on legs.

I never get sick unless I'm around my friends' little waking snot factories.

I am not a big fan of kids myself but I am surprised to see how many adults feel this way, back in the day I think people liked kids alot more.

I can't stand hearing this:

Mom: Johnny what would you like to drink?

Mom: Waitress please tell Johnny what drinks are available.

Waitress: Coke, Sprite,

Mom: Only natural juices please, no sodas.

Waitress: Ok, cranberry, orange, apple, milk

Mom: Johnny what would you like?

Johnny: Kiwi Nectar

Mom: Waitress do you have Kiwi Nectar?

Waitess: No.

Mom: Johnny, they don't have kiwi nectar. How about milk? Which animal makes milk? What sound does it make?

Johnny: MOOOOO

Mom: That's right!

Meanwhile, the rest of us are waiting to order.

The way it should be:

Mom: Johnny milk or water?

Johnny: Kiwi Nectar

Mom: ok, than nothing.

Last edited:
LOL! Damn y'all make kids sound like diseased lepers!:eek:

I am not a big fan of kids myself but I am surprised to see how many adults feel this way, back in the day I think people liked kids alot more.

Back in the day kids were seen and not heard.

I wouldn't mind being around quiet well behaved children either but I never seem to run into quiet well behaved children when I'm out in public.

Hey, I had 4 children, and I now have 9 grandchildren, and one of them lives with me 24/7.
I also work in a school.....but damnit, I get tired of children too, sometimes, I want a little relaxation....peace and quiet.
I loathe eating at a restaurant and suddenly hearing the shrill of a small child because Mommy put peas on her plate and she doesn't like them....for fuck's sake! She should maybe know her little one does not like peas by now?????
I like that airlines have a children's section (even tho I haven't flown anywhere yet)..it would be nice to have family sections at restaurants and theaters and other various places.
If you want to be surrounded by loud screaming children, go to places like Chuck E. Cheese or a playground. Stay away from those places if you don't wish to be bothered with children.
I always figured it was my nerves, as I get older. When I was younger, I would have my 4 children plus baby sit about 5 more, while my husband was the only one working. I didn't seem to mind back then. But now, I can only take so many little people for so long, then it's time for me to go!

unruly children have sorry parents....why make the kids pay cause the parents are asses...

but then again....you say something to the wee one that is misbehaving and the stupid parent goes off

i see this at the farmers market all the time...kids just running wide....i love seeing parents or ladies out to lunch....the adults sit at one table and put the kids at another....like they cant even bear to eat with their own kids

I wouldn't mind being around quiet well behaved children either but I never seem to run into quiet well behaved children when I'm out in public.

People used to be able to set their kids straight, if you slap your kid now in public for misbehaving and someone calls the cops, you will go to jail. If you go to countries where people are actually allowed to discipline their children like Korea or Japan, their children are very well behaved.

unruly children have sorry parents....why make the kids pay cause the parents are asses...

but then again....you say something to the wee one that is misbehaving and the stupid parent goes off

i see this at the farmers market all the time...kids just running wide....i love seeing parents or ladies out to lunch....the adults sit at one table and put the kids at another....like they cant even bear to eat with their own kids

Even people with kids don't like kids, there is a gap growing there.

A college prof (sociology) told us a good one- he once commented to his neighbor that he rarely saw her kids out playing. She said "oh I just give them some paregoric and put 'em to bed". LOL

Why the hell should we have to listen to some rug rat screaming in a restaurant because their parents suck?

Sorry but a whining kid doesn't care if he's eating in a nice restaurant or at Chuck E. Cheese.

Society in general is just less tolerant of children than they were in the past, alot of adults don't want to have children and don't even want them around, the thing I have noticed is its usually the people with good jobs and careers who don't like or want children,but the idiot who smokes pot all day and works part time at and Pizza Hut will have 3 or 4 kids. We are getting to the point where only idiots are having children and the people with the money and brains are not.
It's not that we are less tolerant of children. It's that children are less tolerable.
When I was a young parent, I would take my infant son to restaurants, church, movies, etc and generally I could control him. When I couldn't, either me or my wife would remove the child from the room and only return when he was quiet.
These days, parents have very little control over their children and no consideration for those they subject their brats to.
It's not always about your child! Have some damned consideration for others.

I totally agree with everything you said, Ernie.

But that, to me, does not equal "no kids"

:cool:

How about "No oblivious parents"?

so now as a society we found kids too much trouble .... too annoying....too worrisome....

and yet, we as a society claim to care for our children...right

I have no issues with kids, its with kids that aren't disciplined. also I'm not talking about a screaming 6 month old, that can't be helped. I'm talking about the 3 year old that throws food in public, runs around unattended and basically tells mommy to shut up when disciplined.

People used to be able to set their kids straight, if you slap your kid now in public for misbehaving and someone calls the cops, you will go to jail. If you go to countries where people are actually allowed to discipline their children like Korea or Japan, their children are very well behaved.

You dont have to do anything in public. I learned at a young age that if I acted up in public, nothing would happen then, but the second I got home my mother screamed at me for 2 solid hours. After going through that a few times behaving in public was worth the quiet when I got home.

Children are not adults. before a certain age they do not understand reason. they understand " If i do something bad, something bad will happen to me" For me it wasn't even being hit. It was enduring an hour long shout-fest from mom while dad had that "hey dude, you asked for it" look on his face.

It led to better behavior in public, thats for sure.

Yep. We got THE LOOK which meant you are on thin ice kiddo.

Babies being babies has never bothered me. Children are awesome. We have friends over and purposely entertain during the day so that the children can enjoy the pool and have fun. I hang with them, play, laugh, feed and clean them up.

But there are times when children dominate the environment inappropriately and thats annoying.

When our kids were little, we almost never enjoyed a dinner out or a movie. We couldn't really afford it, and when we tried we inevitably ended up leaving the restaurant or theatre early because at least one of the five decided to be obnoxious. When they were obnoxious, we basically said, "See, this is why we can't do fun things" and left.

Eventually they learned that if they wanted to do fun things, they had to behave appropriately. Eventually.

I'm old now, and cranky. I trained mine. I don't want to train somebody else's, or put up with the result of a lack of training. I'm all for no-kid zones. I carry one with me, in fact! :lmao:

Forum List

Back