This kid should run for President

I agree...and if we don't reverse that...we're screwed....and they're screwed.

I emailed that to all my kids for all my grandkids.

Why could you not have given us a brief blurb on this.

First, we click and get a warning that we're leaving the site. Is it trusted or not?
Then, we have to click on a video without a great deal of knowing what it contains.

Sad as I still don't know what was said or if it was worthwhile.

Seems like a passionate and wise teacher. I had a few like him in my scholastic endeavors. He does noble work and wish him all the best.

Libs HATE this stuff.

It's not that Libs hate this stuff. What he says has a place. But it is not the main event. If this were the main event then we would just have Battle Royale every week in school and it would build the character that people are talking about.

What he seems to forget is that kids are not fully developed. Kids will try and be lazy, they will try and push the boundaries of life, see what they can get away with. A good teacher doesn't turn around and say what this guy is saying. They deal with it. Teachers teach. Yes, sometimes teaching is about getting things out of students. Not just expecting kids to understand that a free education is one they should automatically respect, but by making them respect it.

Half of what he speaks about is as a direct result of the poor levels of discipline and education in schools. It's a failing from the top down. Good schools probably don't have to deal with these problems. Kids will be motivated to go to school because A) the school is working well and B) possibly because their part of society is working well.

When you have parts of the govt letting down society and then they walk into school, part of the same society, which expects them to act in a manner in which those who rule their world don't bother to deal with properly, you can understand why they don't just assume a free education is a good thing.

People have seen their parents let down, their grandparents let down, their peers let down, whole sections of society, blacks having suffered slavery, segregation, now suffering 25% poverty levels, living in areas no one should, gangs out of control because the police can't or won't deal with the problem, teachers stressed to hell just trying to get through the day regardless of whether they can teach or not because the situation has got so bad.

Then someone comes along and tells them they need to go through adversity when their parents are divorced, they're beaten or sexually abused by a mother/father/brother or just plain bullying in school or at home, or they've already gone through massive adversity in another form. Then they told that this is the sort of thing that grows hairs on their chests. But they look around them at those that are doing this to them, probably people who had it done to them too and they're just passing it down, and they get told that this sort of thing makes them learn, but it doesn't, it makes them turn into bitter people.

But hey, the preppy teacher with a camcorder who thought he could change the world because he went to a good school, never suffered, thinks he knows his students. Chances are he doesn't have a damn clue.
But hey, the Republicans might like him because it gives them a great excuse to keep on doing as they have been doing.

It started with "everyone can make it in America" forgetting that only some can make it in America, hard work doesn't necessarily mean you will make it. But being given a massive head start in life with rich parents and private education might actually get you a lot, LOT further than hard work ever did. Just as Dubya.

Seems like a passionate and wise teacher. I had a few like him in my scholastic endeavors. He does noble work and wish him all the best.

Does he teach the skills that kids will need in their working life though? Probably not so much. This isn't necessarily his fault. It's the fault of the govt down, those in charge of the curriculum that simply don't understand the point of education.

Why could you not have given us a brief blurb on this.

First, we click and get a warning that we're leaving the site. Is it trusted or not?
Then, we have to click on a video without a great deal of knowing what it contains.

Sad as I still don't know what was said or if it was worthwhile.
Why not read the others comments? Take a chance. I'm just a harmless old man...

Does he teach the skills that kids will need in their working life though? Probably not so much. This isn't necessarily his fault. It's the fault of the govt down, those in charge of the curriculum that simply don't understand the point of education.
Quit nit picking..he teaches freaken English...did you listen to what he said?

Libs HATE this stuff.

It's not that Libs hate this stuff. What he says has a place. But it is not the main event. If this were the main event then we would just have Battle Royale every week in school and it would build the character that people are talking about.

What he seems to forget is that kids are not fully developed. Kids will try and be lazy, they will try and push the boundaries of life, see what they can get away with. A good teacher doesn't turn around and say what this guy is saying. They deal with it. Teachers teach. Yes, sometimes teaching is about getting things out of students. Not just expecting kids to understand that a free education is one they should automatically respect, but by making them respect it.

Half of what he speaks about is as a direct result of the poor levels of discipline and education in schools. It's a failing from the top down. Good schools probably don't have to deal with these problems. Kids will be motivated to go to school because A) the school is working well and B) possibly because their part of society is working well.

When you have parts of the govt letting down society and then they walk into school, part of the same society, which expects them to act in a manner in which those who rule their world don't bother to deal with properly, you can understand why they don't just assume a free education is a good thing.

People have seen their parents let down, their grandparents let down, their peers let down, whole sections of society, blacks having suffered slavery, segregation, now suffering 25% poverty levels, living in areas no one should, gangs out of control because the police can't or won't deal with the problem, teachers stressed to hell just trying to get through the day regardless of whether they can teach or not because the situation has got so bad.

Then someone comes along and tells them they need to go through adversity when their parents are divorced, they're beaten or sexually abused by a mother/father/brother or just plain bullying in school or at home, or they've already gone through massive adversity in another form. Then they told that this is the sort of thing that grows hairs on their chests. But they look around them at those that are doing this to them, probably people who had it done to them too and they're just passing it down, and they get told that this sort of thing makes them learn, but it doesn't, it makes them turn into bitter people.

But hey, the preppy teacher with a camcorder who thought he could change the world because he went to a good school, never suffered, thinks he knows his students. Chances are he doesn't have a damn clue.
But hey, the Republicans might like him because it gives them a great excuse to keep on doing as they have been doing.

It started with "everyone can make it in America" forgetting that only some can make it in America, hard work doesn't necessarily mean you will make it. But being given a massive head start in life with rich parents and private education might actually get you a lot, LOT further than hard work ever did. Just as Dubya.
A true Libtard interpretation ...whining, feeling sorry, making excuses...not challenging, not overcoming, just lay down and die. Pathetic.

I didn't ask which subject he was teaching. I asked if he was teaching the kids skills that kids will need in the future.

The fact that you answered in the way shows me you have no idea what I was talking about.

A true Libtard interpretation ...whining, feeling sorry, making excuses...not challenging, not overcoming, just lay down and die. Pathetic.

Oh good, insults. What a great argument. You must be proud of yourself.

Libs HATE this stuff.

Yet if the far left had their way a 2 year old Spain could vote for the US president while having never set foot in the US..

I didn't ask which subject he was teaching. I asked if he was teaching the kids skills that kids will need in the future.

The fact that you answered in the way shows me you have no idea what I was talking about.
Obviously you flunked English. Isn't English important to a kids future?

Forum List

Back