What Will Happen to the Post Office

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Of all of the governmental programs the GOP has in it's sight to cut, one of the most interesting ones will be the Post Office. We haven't heard the GOP speak much about it lately during their "repackaging" initiative. Given the employment demographic of the USPS and the fact that they are unionized which is always a target for the GOP.

What is the over/under on when a postal reform will be brought up? I believe this is one area where Obama will potentially cave dependent on how much of a fight he wants to pick with Congress.

Of all of the governmental programs the GOP has in it's sight to cut, one of the most interesting ones will be the Post Office. We haven't heard the GOP speak much about it lately during their "repackaging" initiative. Given the employment demographic of the USPS and the fact that they are unionized which is always a target for the GOP.

What is the over/under on when a postal reform will be brought up? I believe this is one area where Obama will potentially cave dependent on how much of a fight he wants to pick with Congress.
Didn't he just appoint the first female Postmaster General?

I have some suggestions.

1. Charge $5.00 minimum for anything addressed to OCCUPANT.

2. Charge $5.00 minimum for any political ad.

3. Charge $5.00 minimum for any flyers for businesses.

Also, since the bulk of my mail these days is bullshit from Medicare, make them get their shit together.

But mainly, eliminate unsolicited mail by high fees, and leave the postal service to those of us who pay bills by mail and send cards and write letters.

Of course, if the USPS was no longer subsidized and subsidizing, and concentrated on meeting the needs of people, and not politicians and businesses, probably 80% of the overpaid union workers would have to be laid off.

We need to redefine the functions of the Post Office. They are in every town. They should be a focal point for government services. Social Security services, draft registration, tax questions

As long as we have hacks like Federal Express fucking up the simple act of package delivery, the USPS will remain the go-to system. I send and receive packages pretty regularly here in the sticks and I'd say 75% of incoming and 100% of outgoing is via the Post Office, which make no mistake is unquestionably the best in the world.

We need to redefine the functions of the Post Office. They are in every town. They should be a focal point for government services. Social Security services, draft registration, tax questions[/QUOTE

I guess we need a new cabinet position and executive department.

A Czar of Centralized Governmental Intrusion Into Your Life.

I just want a post office that delivers the mail for a reasonable price.

As long as we have hacks like Federal Express fucking up the simple act of package delivery, the USPS will remain the go-to system. I send and receive packages pretty regularly here in the sticks and I'd say 75% of incoming and 100% of outgoing is via the Post Office, which make no mistake is unquestionably the best in the world.

How does FEDEX fuck up package delivery? Privatizing the Post Office would lead to lower prices and faster, more reliable delivery - also less junkmail.

How does FEDEX fuck up package delivery? Privatizing the Post Office would lead to lower prices and faster, more reliable delivery - also less junkmail.

Bullshit. Try the post office in any other country and get back to me on how "expensive" ours is. And when they track something, it's pretty much balls-on accurate.

FeEx is a complete hack operation. Don't use them, ever. Even UPS doesn't fuck up that bad, and when UPS is outperforming you, you got a problem.

They can't handle big items though, can they?

I have never had a problem with Fed Ex, UPS or the postal service, when it came to sending a package.

Mail usually works too.

I just hate all the junk, especially junk made to look "official".

Like most of government USPS is corporate welfare for the most part and taxpayers should not subsidize the delivery of junk mail they despise.

I have never had a problem with Fed Ex, UPS or the postal service, when it came to sending a package.

Mail usually works too.

Like most of government USPS is corporate welfare for the most part and taxpayers should not subsidize the delivery of junk mail they despise.

One consideration is that tampering with the mail is a federal offense; tampering with a FedEx delivery -- even on the driver's end -- is just "oh well, our records say delivered, that's the end of it, tough shit".

The Post Office isn't like UPS and Fed Ex. for the simple reason that government agencies don't give a shit whether they operate efficiently because the workers are guaranteed a salary courtesy of the taxpayers. There must be ways to make it more efficient.

Bullshit. Try the post office in any other country and get back to me on how "expensive" ours is. And when they track something, it's pretty much balls-on accurate.

FeEx is a complete hack operation. Don't use them, ever. Even UPS doesn't fuck up that bad, and when UPS is outperforming you, you got a problem.

I will say this: FedEx delivered my customized Carolina Panthers jersey(I share a last name with a great Panther, in fact, my people used to own his people, that is just a historical fact) by sticking it in the chain link fence rather than putting it on the porch.

Most times, if I expect a delivery, I am there to meet it, but FedEx can come at any old time.

UPS, usually 6:30 pm give or take 5.

Mail usually works too.

One consideration is that tampering with the mail is a federal offense; tampering with a FedEx delivery -- even on the driver's end -- is just "oh well, our records say delivered, that's the end of it, tough shit".
HAH, you tried to FedEx weed home from Colorado too!!!!!!!!

Heard this lament about FedEx before.

Hint, don't walk in stoned and check your shipment with some FedEx hippy!!!

The Post Office isn't like UPS and Fed Ex. for the simple reason that government agencies don't give a shit whether they operate efficiently because the workers are guaranteed a salary courtesy of the taxpayers. There must be ways to make it more efficient.

Again, bullshit. You want an example of workers not giving a shit, look no further than FedEx. Now the mailman, he comes every day and if I need to send something they have offices where I can just walk in, not have to sign up with a freaking account and they don't charge me an arm and a leg. And when they say they deliver, they actually do it.

We need to redefine the functions of the Post Office. They are in every town. They should be a focal point for government services. Social Security services, draft registration, tax questions[/QUOTE

Why would you oppose convenient government services in every town?

Mail usually works too.

Wrong. It's still a crime to steal or to deliberately damage a FEDEX package. It's still private property, after all.

Because we need to ditch the Post Office. It's a big money sucking black hole.

So, compare our government run Post Office with other government run Post Offices? How does that indicate how it compares to private delivery?

Because most of those government services are income redistribution from the productive to the non-productive.

But you knew that anyway.

It is profitable and it doesn't use a penny of tax dollars. Fucking learn something.

Forum List

Back