This is Why I Eat Mushrooms and Broccoli Every Day

I have heard that several times. A good cancer fighter.

Another thing is add cinnamon to your daily diet to control blood sugar.

I forgot what they call it but it's a new species that is now the world's smallest known mushroom
FB_IMG_1679168957795.jpg
FB_IMG_1679168967971.jpg

Not sure if they're edible

As good or better

Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) – Green Tea

6-Gingerol – Ginger

β-Carotene – Carrot, Leafy Greens

Baicalein – Chinese Skullcap

Curcumin – Turmeric

Delphinidin – Blueberry, raspberrry

Flavonoids (Genistein) – Soy, red clover, coffee

Guggulsterone – Commiphora (myrrh tree)

Isothiocyanates – Cruciferous vegetables

Linalool – Mint

Lycopene – Grapefruit, tomato

Parthenolide – Feverfew

Perylill alcohol – Mint, cherry, lavender

Piperine – Black pepper

Platycodon saponin – Platycodon grandiflorum

Psoralidin – Psoralea corylilyfolia

Quercetin – Capers, onion

Resveratrol – Grapes, plums, berries

Salinomycin – Streptomyces albus

Silibinin – Milk Thistle

Ursolic acid – Thyme, basil, oregano

Vitamin D3 – Fish, egg yolk, beef, cod liver oil

Withaferin A – Withania somnifera (ashwaganda)

Some relevant reading

Targeting cancer stem cells with natural products.
Burnett J, Newman B, Sun D.Curr Drug Targets. 2012 Jul;13(8):1054-64. doi: 10.2174/138945012802009062.PMID: 22594473 Review.
See all similar articles

I forgot what they call it but it's a new species that is now the world's smallest known mushroom
View attachment 772009View attachment 772008
Not sure if they're edible
Beautiful, but I bet dangerous

Can you eat Mycena interrupta?

Edibility. It is advised not to eat these as many of the mushrooms in the genus Mycena are poisonous though this shouldn't be an issue as Mycena interrupta is too small to be suitable for any sort of meal.

As good or better

Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) – Green Tea

6-Gingerol – Ginger

β-Carotene – Carrot, Leafy Greens

Baicalein – Chinese Skullcap

Curcumin – Turmeric

Delphinidin – Blueberry, raspberrry

Flavonoids (Genistein) – Soy, red clover, coffee

Guggulsterone – Commiphora (myrrh tree)

Isothiocyanates – Cruciferous vegetables

Linalool – Mint

Lycopene – Grapefruit, tomato

Parthenolide – Feverfew

Perylill alcohol – Mint, cherry, lavender

Piperine – Black pepper

Platycodon saponin – Platycodon grandiflorum

Psoralidin – Psoralea corylilyfolia

Quercetin – Capers, onion

Resveratrol – Grapes, plums, berries

Salinomycin – Streptomyces albus

Silibinin – Milk Thistle

Ursolic acid – Thyme, basil, oregano

Vitamin D3 – Fish, egg yolk, beef, cod liver oil

Withaferin A – Withania somnifera (ashwaganda)

Some relevant reading

Targeting cancer stem cells with natural products.
Burnett J, Newman B, Sun D.Curr Drug Targets. 2012 Jul;13(8):1054-64. doi: 10.2174/138945012802009062.PMID: 22594473 Review.
See all similar articles
Plus turmeric, flax seeds, broccoli sprouts and fresh caught salmon.

Turkey tails are easy to find, they are everywhere, extracting their health benefits might not be easy, and supplements are not regulated so you can't trust them. They are edible if you can find a way to consume them, don't know if cooking destroys their medicinal value.

Not named, so can't be compared with similar examples in the genus. What is the source of the photo?
Taiwan, actually.
On Nov. 17, 2022, 32-year-old Eric Cho (卓霆宇), who works as a pharmacist, spotted this species of mushroom near 150, Section 3, Zhishan Road, in Taipei City's Shilin District. The mysterious mushroom is believed to be Mycena subcyanocephala (近藍蓋小菇).

When asked how he found the fungi, Cho said his friend Chiang Pei-ying (蔣珮瑩) informed him that Bixi Trail in Shilin District has a "special tiny mushroom" worth investigating. Cho said that he found one on a piece of wood and took it home.

Last edited:
Taiwan, actually.
On Nov. 17, 2022, 32-year-old Eric Cho (卓霆宇), who works as a pharmacist, spotted this species of mushroom near 150, Section 3, Zhishan Road, in Taipei City's Shilin District. The mysterious mushroom is believed to be Mycena subcyanocephala (近藍蓋小菇).

When asked how he found the fungi, Cho said his friend Chiang Pei-ying (蔣珮瑩) informed him that Bixi Trail in Shilin District has a "special tiny mushroom" worth investigating. Cho said that he found one on a piece of wood and took it home.
Still skeptical that is is a Mycena. Nevertheless, eating bleach includes this Mycena:

Anti-Cancer Mycenone, A Chlorinated Benzoquinone
'Sp. TA 87202....25 mcg caused lysis of Ehrlich carcinoma cells....inhibited growth of HeLa cells....'

Compared with hydroxychloroquine with one chlorine atom, mycenone has three.

Turkey tails are easy to find, they are everywhere, extracting their health benefits might not be easy, and supplements are not regulated so you can't trust them. They are edible if you can find a way to consume them, don't know if cooking destroys their medicinal value.

Trametes are traditional anti-cancer mushrooms and not easily confused with poisonous mushrooms. It's possible that Turkey Tail Tea would stop SARS2, though after two years, the success or failure of the Mach-19 trials is not clear:

Trametes / Fomitopsis / MACH-19
'....FDA ultimately sanctioned the MACH-19 trials, which are now underway at UCLA and UCSD and are supported by the Krupp Endowed Fund.'

Cold infusion will protect the active constituents.

Trametes are traditional anti-cancer mushrooms and not easily confused with poisonous mushrooms. It's possible that Turkey Tail Tea would stop SARS2, though after two years, the success or failure of the Mach-19 trials is not clear:

Trametes / Fomitopsis / MACH-19
'....FDA ultimately sanctioned the MACH-19 trials, which are now underway at UCLA and UCSD and are supported by the Krupp Endowed Fund.'

Cold infusion will protect the active constituents.
You know your mushrooms. I have no idea if you could bake or fry a TT mushroom, but I'm thinking blending one up and adding it to a smoothie might be the best option. I don't like subjecting anything with medicinal properties to high heat.

Forum List

Back