This Is Why I Always Helped Illegals Who Came To My Door

as a GENERAL RULE it seems to me that any decent person will help ANY individual person in dire need and its nothing to even talk about except for encouraging help to needy people . I didn't read the link except for a real quick perusal . --------- So , helping individuals in dire need is nothing to be bragging about !!

Indeed. And I trust that, despite some of the ridiculous bravado that goes on on these boards, that's how most react to real life suffering. My dad, for example, was a dyed-in-the-wool racist, but underneath such an ugly shortcoming, he was decent man - and I saw him consistently treat individuals with compassion and respect, regardless of their race. Only a thoroughgoing bigot can look another human being in the eye and ignore the person, seeing only an object of their ideology or prejudices.

I agree. My own father was racist as well and once dragged me off a dance floor for dancing with a black. But, like you say, he was also a good and decent man. He was simply born at a time when ignorance about race was rampant. Uh, much like we're seeing from some people now.

Another thing I often saw in Tucson was that Mexicans would always stop to help others in need. Broken down car or whatever - Mexican Americans would never pass you by. I once asked a brash young man why that is and he and his friends all kind of laughed and said because they're mothers would let them have it if they ever passed up someone needing help.

Mexicans are also very family oriented. I would often see young guys with their babies/children in grocery stores or similar settings. You would never see them scold or ignore or expect their wives to take care of the child. They might look like young toughs but they treat their kids with such incredible love and caring - its truly touching.

I've been gone from Tcsn for more than 7 years now so this might have changed but there was a church that defied the law to put out water stations in the desert.

I also knew of others who did as we did - they simply helped the people who came to their door. What a shame that reaching out a helping hand to a fellow human being is now against the law.

We do have machines that pick some crops. Others must still be harvested by hand.

The US has used migrant farm workers for generations. And, we have always treated them in the most shameful ways. We use them and hate them for it. Its a modern day slavery.

It's not slavery. They choose to come here, get paid for it, and aren't held against their will. Slavery involved all three of those.

I can still see some of those faces, dirty and exhausted and really, just about done in. Perched on the edge of the couch or drinking boiling hot water from the hose in the front yard.

I would always try to have chocolate and real orange juice on hand. I'd make them cheese sandwiches and fill up their water jugs with ice and water. I'd also keep small bottles of water frozen so they would thaw as they walked, giving them cold water.

People have no idea how many Border Patrol there are around Tucson. I can remember seeing the Border Patrol trucks go by and once, one followed me on the dirt road when I had four illegals in the car with me. If he had stopped me, I would have ended up in jail.

Several times, I drove them into town to the bus stop. And 2-3 times, drove them all the way to Eloy, a farming community north of Tucson, where they had jobs waiting in the fields.

They always wanted to pay for the help and would have money in plastic baggies in their shoe.

Once, driving into Tucson on Ajo, I picked up a family. It was one of the extremely hot summers in the 80s and they just about couldn't walk another step. I stopped at a Circle K and got hot dogs, candy bars and water for each of them. They recognized the Border Patrol HQ on Ajo just inside Tucson. They had a map with a destination on the Tohono O'odom reservation south of Tucson, so I took them there. It was a tiny adobe house and people poured out to welcome their family members.

The saddest was when the sheriff was holding three in my front yard, waiting for Border Patrol to come get them. They were sitting on the ground, under the tree, totally exhausted, very near complete collapse. The deputy misunderstood, saying he was sorry but they'd get them out of my yard as soon as they could. I made flavored coffee for them, hot and sugary and one of them kissed my hand.

I would always tell them, Via con Dios when we parted.

Some of them walk for weeks and weeks. Most of the women are raped - I've read that its more than 80%

Sometime ago, there was an article in the AZ Daily Star about what happens to the body when you die of dehydration. It must be a real horror - very painful. The illegals themselves would find bodies of others who didn't make it.

How desperate must someone be to leave everything they know and love to risk it all?

How much of a traitor someone in this country must be to enable illegals in any way.

I assume you support illegal aliens breaking the law and crossing the border without documentation.

I certainly do. Stupid laws should be disobeyed.

I don't. Its a lot more complicated than that.

But, that's not what this thread is about. When a human being is standing on your front porch, exhausted and near total collapse, you don't close your door.

Over a period of more than 25 years, I helped hundreds and would do it again. There were some I helped every year. They were going to the same crop-picking job every year and knew they could stop at our place for help.

When an illegal is standing on my front porch, I'll slam the door in their criminal face.

Several years ago, I was working in my yard. A car pulled up and a younger female got out. Her English had a heavy Spanish accent. She was canvassing the neighborhood handing out business cards for house cleaning. I told her that if I hired her I would need to have a Social Security # so I could 1099 her at the end of the year in order that she report her self employment income. She snatched that car quickly, got in the car, and drove away quickly. Willing to be money she was illegal and so were the rest of the criminals in the car with her.

Unlike you, I don't enable crime then justify it.

I assume you support illegal aliens breaking the law and crossing the border without documentation.

But, that's not what this thread is about. When a human being is standing on your front porch, exhausted and near total collapse, you don't close your door.

Over a period of more than 25 years, I helped hundreds and would do it again. There were some I helped every year. They were going to the same crop-picking job every year and knew they could stop at our place for help.

Much of my perspective on this formed when I was a union construction worker. Union guys pretty consistently look down on non-union workers, but have a particular contempt for immigrant, non-union workers. And I couldn't get past the irony that the 'wetbacks' they so despised, in general, worked twice as hard as the union jackasses who spit on them for their effort. And for a fraction of union wages.

How unbelievably sad.
You just dont know why huh?
Well, here goes...because illegals break unions, drive down wages, working conditions while driving up the required hours to be worked.
Those union guys get it and understand while you and your ilk dont.

No, actually they don't do any of those things.

Just because you're too lazy to do the same work, doesn't mean that's their fault.

If you want to blame, talk to those who hire them. How about those who advertise in foreign countries (including Mexico) and then pay to transport them - just like we did in years ago.

Much of my perspective on this formed when I was a union construction worker. Union guys pretty consistently look down on non-union workers, but have a particular contempt for immigrant, non-union workers. And I couldn't get past the irony that the 'wetbacks' they so despised, in general, worked twice as hard as the union jackasses who spit on them for their effort. And for a fraction of union wages.

How unbelievably sad.
Well, here goes...because illegals break unions, drive down wages, working conditions while driving up the required hours to be worked.

Just because you're too lazy to do the same work, doesn't mean that's their fault.

If you want to blame, talk to those who hire them. How about those who advertise in foreign countries (including Mexico) and then pay to transport them - just like we did in years ago.
Back in the 50s, farmers from my county in Western Maryland pooled money together to have Mexican farm workers bussed from the border. After harvest they would go back home till the next fall. Many of them applied for visas and eventually became citizens. Another program was for farmers to foster teens, send them to school and gain citizenship. There were a lot of Anglo-Latino marriages. If you go there today you'll find many still living there and some even own the farms they worked on as kids. Them was the "good ol' days."

How unbelievably sad.

You need to educate yourself on this subject but those like you with an agenda don't care anyway. There aren't any jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage. They aren't lazy. As for crop picking there are unlimited H-2A visas for LEGAL, foreign workers. There are three guilty parties here and that is our government, the employers and the illegals themselves. Why do you give illegals a pass in this? They know they have no right to come here or to work here without authorization from our government. Typical illegal alien defender. Why do you care so little about our immigration laws and the American worker?

How unbelievably sad.

Back in the 50s, farmers from my county in Western Maryland pooled money together to have Mexican farm workers bussed from the border. After harvest they would go back home till the next fall. Many of them applied for visas and eventually became citizens. Another program was for farmers to foster teens, send them to school and gain citizenship. There were a lot of Anglo-Latino marriages. If you go there today you'll find many still living there and some even own the farms they worked on as kids. Them was the "good ol' days."

Somebody should-a told them about the Bracero Program.

No, it wasn't the good old days. Then, as now, we hired them for slave wages and treat them like shit.

The end of Bracero put many US farmers into bankruptcy. We're seeing the same thing happening now. Racism is causing the end of a lot of family farms so that big corporations are able to buy them at pennies on the dollar. That's on ignorant, racist, RW voters.

How unbelievably sad.

You need to educate yourself on this subject but those like you with an agenda don't care anyway. There aren't any jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage. They aren't lazy. As for crop picking there are unlimited H-2A visas for LEGAL, foreign workers. There are three guilty parties here and that is our government, the employers and the illegals themselves. Why do you give illegals a pass in this? They know they have no right to come here or to work here without authorization from our government. Typical illegal alien defender. Why do you care so little about our immigration laws and the American worker?

You're asssuming facts not in evidence.

Americans ARE lazy.
Those jobs do not pay a fair wage.
I've never given a pass to illegals or defended illegals' braking the law.

What I have done and would do again is helped human beings who came to my door.

YOU have posted against raising minimum wage for Americans. It is YOU who does not care about the American worker.

How unbelievably sad.

Somebody should-a told them about the Bracero Program.

No, it wasn't the good old days. Then, as now, we hired them for slave wages and treat them like shit.

The end of Bracero put many US farmers into bankruptcy. We're seeing the same thing happening now. Racism is causing the end of a lot of family farms so that big corporations are able to buy them at pennies on the dollar. That's on ignorant, racist, RW voters.

Did you not read where I said there are unlimited H-2A visas for LEGAL, foreign crop pickers? WTH does racism have to do with our right to expect al workers to come here legally? If you think that only right wingers own businesses that hire illegal aliens to fatten their wallets then you aren't dealing in reality. You're apparently are the ignorant one here. No one is forcing illegal aliens to come here to work for slave labor wages. They choose to do it and it's against the law for them to come here and to work here.

How unbelievably sad.

Americans ARE lazy.

YOU have posted against raising minimum wage for Americans. It is YOU who does not care about the American worker.

You're full of sheet that Americans are lazy and even if that were true (but it's not) then why not hire legal immigrants then or are they lazy also? No, it's all about the greedy employers just wanting to hire cheap labor to increase their profits it has nothing to do with Americans being lazy.

Lawbreakers are human also but there are laws about aiding and abetting them.

I have no problem raising the minimum wage but what good would it do if the employers are still gong to have access to cheap, illegal labor? No, it's you that doesn't care about the American worker if you did you would be fighting illegal immigration not defending and sympathizing with it.

How unbelievably sad.

I've determined Luddly that you're good at one thing. Being a traitor to your country. You enable the illegals coming here then rant about a business hiring them. YOU do the same thing by helping them.

Anyone crossing the border in that area and trying to make it north on foot is gonna pay dearly. Also I blame the Mexican government for those deaths.
You mean the mexicans who have the country destroyed by criminal cartels fueled by the US drug market.

America is paying to disable your neighbour and then complaining that some want to move out...

Anyone crossing the border in that area and trying to make it north on foot is gonna pay dearly. Also I blame the Mexican government for those deaths.
You mean the mexicans who have the country destroyed by criminal cartels fueled by the US drug market.

America is paying to disable your neighbour and then complaining that some want to move out...
Could you translate that please?

How unbelievably sad.

Americans ARE lazy.

Those currently making minimum wage demanding that they be given more than the skills they have are worth are lazy. They think their $5/hour skills, those already being paid more at $7.25 than they are worth, are worth mor than the $5/hour skills they offer. If they spent half as much time trying to better themselves as they do demanding someone GIVE them more simply for existing, the problems they say exist would solve themselves.

If someone has low skills, what are those skills worth? You said they don't get a fair wage. Sounds to me as if you think someone should get a wage based on existence not skills.

If you helped illegals that came to your door, you enabled them. In other words, you were an accessory to a crime just as if the person you helped was a bank robber running from the police. Last time I looked, that's illegal, too.

I'm against the minimum wage period. The government should not be able to tell a business owner any amount he/she has to pay any worker. People like you talk about believing in freedom and choice yet do everything opposite of what you say then try to justify why you think it's OK in those cases is good.

How unbelievably sad.

Do you have any idea why wages have been stagnant or decreased for 40 yrs? Because now the cheap labor is coming here. They are not just "picking fruits and vegetables" either! The illegal aliens are putting Americans out of work in carpentry, plumbing, house construction, comercial construction, the marine trades, everywhere !and what amazes me is that it is just fine and dandy with some that they come here and take Americans' jobs for cheaper pay, less benny'or no ne at all, more hours, and worsening work conditions. "Oh they work their asses of" I dont fukkin care! Do you think lesser paying jobs is good for the US?

How unbelievably sad.

Americans ARE lazy.

Those currently making minimum wage demanding that they be given more than the skills they have are worth are lazy. They think their $5/hour skills, those already being paid more at $7.25 than they are worth, are worth mor than the $5/hour skills they offer. If they spent half as much time trying to better themselves as they do demanding someone GIVE them more simply for existing, the problems they say exist would solve themselves.

What woud you suggest the pay be?

If someone has low skills, what are those skills worth? You said they don't get a fair wage. Sounds to me as if you think someone should get a wage based on existence not skills.

If you helped illegals that came to your door, you enabled them. In other words, you were an accessory to a crime just as if the person you helped was a bank robber running from the police. Last time I looked, that's illegal, too.

I'm against the minimum wage period. The government should not be able to tell a business owner any amount he/she has to pay any worker. People like you talk about believing in freedom and choice yet do everything opposite of what you say then try to justify why you think it's OK in those cases is good.

Why is it that nobody questions pro illegal anecdotalism but DAMN if they question anything else? I once saw a NICE Illegal alien, they must all be great all the time! ...Jesus H Christ. Question things.

Could you translate that please?

He's right.

Forum List

Back