This Is Why I Always Helped Illegals Who Came To My Door

Why is it that nobody questions pro illegal anecdotalism but DAMN if they question anything else? I once saw a NICE Illegal alien, they must all be great all the time! ...Jesus H Christ. Question things.

Please post a link and the exact quote where some one said that "all illegals are great all the time".

Thanks ever so much.

OR - you just admit you're lying - again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is it that nobody questions pro illegal anecdotalism but DAMN if they question anything else? I once saw a NICE Illegal alien, they must all be great all the time! ...Jesus H Christ. Question things.

Please post a link and the exact quote where some one said that "all illegals are great all the time".

Thanks ever so much.

Mary seemed to make a sarcastic remark, Nuddly. You're wasting your talents here.

Thanks ever so much.

Mary seemed to make a sarcastic remark, Nuddly. You're wasting your talents here.

Actually, she lied but I'll bet she jumps at the out you gave her.

Take responsibility for what you say and do.

What's the point? What does a "talented Salvadorian artist" do for a living? The concept of art is subjective these days and it's possible that his "art" might be in illegal arenas. If he can't get a green card why should the US admit his freaking artist skills?

I assume you support illegal aliens breaking the law and crossing the border without documentation.

I certainly do. Stupid laws should be disobeyed.

I don't. Its a lot more complicated than that.

But, that's not what this thread is about. When a human being is standing on your front porch, exhausted and near total collapse, you don't close your door.

Over a period of more than 25 years, I helped hundreds and would do it again. There were some I helped every year. They were going to the same crop-picking job every year and knew they could stop at our place for help.

Much of my perspective on this formed when I was a union construction worker. Union guys pretty consistently look down on non-union workers, but have a particular contempt for immigrant, non-union workers. And I couldn't get past the irony that the 'wetbacks' they so despised, in general, worked twice as hard as the union jackasses who spit on them for their effort. And for a fraction of union wages.

You're right and I've seen it.

They do the work that no American wants or, likely, could even do.

I've written before about the family who did yard work for me while we still lived in Tucson before we moved out of the city. They asked $5 a hour and did more work and better than any American I ever hired. I paid them $10 an hour and gave them a lawn mower we never used. I don't know if they were legal or not because I never asked.

I wish Americans felt as strongly about the drug cartels as they do migrant farm workers.

Do you believe that citizens of this country who use illegal SS cards that can cause identity theft should be prosecuted?
Federal Law states that it is a felony to use illegal SS Cards and an additional Felony for identity theft. Do you believe Illegal Aliens who who commit the same felonies should be Prosecuted? Illegal Aliens can not obtain legal SS Cards.

I am going the opposite way. I want to disposes illegal immigrants in any way I can. Because I am either very petty or they are really vile mean spirited selfish bastards. Being that I see how they are cruel, disrespectful and manipulative, I tend to go towards Mexican illegals are repugnant jerks that are cynically using pity to avoid the legal consequences of immigrating illegally.

It's funny. All of the people on here who hate illegals assume all of their ancestors who came to the USA were legal immigrants. I'll bet it ain't so, not for most of them. I'll bet nearly everyone of them has at least one illegal hanging on their family tree.

The state of Texas was built by illegal immigrants. And not in the sense you might think. It was originally part of Mexico. But when conservatives took over the government in Mexico City, they were wary of immigrants from the United States and attempted to close the borders. Of course, nothing delights true Americans like defying authoritarian government. They moved in anyway, despite their status as "illegals". Mexico tried to fight it. And how did that work out for them?

It's funny. All of the people on here who hate illegals assume all of their ancestors who came to the USA were legal immigrants. I'll bet it ain't so, not for most of them. I'll bet nearly everyone of them has at least one illegal hanging on their family tree.

Bet you can't come close to proving your accusation.

So then, if I had a serial killer in my ancestry I should approve of serial killing then? Our ancestors aren't us and we aren't them. We are all individuals only responsible for our own actions and are obligated to respect the laws on the books "today'. So we shouldn't have immigration laws today because just "maybe" some of us may have an illegal alien in our family tree? You're an idiot!

You'll lose that bet asshole. My family came here in the early 1900s and we have proof they are legal.

Any more stupid claims.

I've often wondered why the USA hasn't developed crop picking machines if Americans won't do the crop picking for piddling wages . We've been to the moon , plumbed the ocean depths and we can't make crop picking machines , doesn't make sense to me . Then again I don't mind illegals picking crops if once crops are picked the pickers / illegals are sent home . Think that's how it used to be , something called - Bracero - or some such I think .
All sorts of crops are picked with machines, replacing stoop labor and unskilled labor.

Take cotton for example, virtually untouched by human hands now, and, all the former cottonpickers have still not found jobs.

There is little use for unskilled stoop labor, and where there is a use, it does not pay what welfare pays.

Hence the illegals, who should be able to come and go, with papers, and not a chance of citizenship for them or their kids.

the drugs will never stop imo Luddley . I use a little alcohol , beer on occasion but that's it . I don't think that there is an answer to the drug problem other than making everthing legal and letting people get sick and die --- or some kinda hardcore rehabilitation !!
Alcohol is a drug.

It kills more people than all illegal drugs combined.

I've often wondered why the USA hasn't developed crop picking machines if Americans won't do the crop picking for piddling wages . We've been to the moon , plumbed the ocean depths and we can't make crop picking machines , doesn't make sense to me . Then again I don't mind illegals picking crops if once crops are picked the pickers / illegals are sent home . Think that's how it used to be , something called - Bracero - or some such I think .
Some crops can only be picked by hand...
Name a few.

Some crops can only be picked by hand...
Like boogers.
and dingle berries...
Oh, I thought you said crop, not crap.

I've often wondered why the USA hasn't developed crop picking machines if Americans won't do the crop picking for piddling wages

They have but it's cheaper for farmers to reap the benefits of cheap labor and shove all the social costs of supporting the peasants onto taxpayers. When citizens put their foot down, or more accurately use their foot to kick the asses of the infiltrators out of the country, then innovation seems to fix the problems:

Economist Philip Martin of the University of California likes to tell a story about the state's tomato industry. In the early 1960s, growers relied on seasonal Mexican laborers, brought in under the government's "bracero" program. The Mexicans picked the tomatoes that were then processed into ketchup and other products. In 1964 Congress killed the program despite growers' warnings that its abolition would doom their industry. What happened? Well, plant scientists developed oblong tomatoes that could be harvested by machine. Since then, California's tomato output has risen fivefold.

Mexico’s urban poor fared no better. Although a flood of cheap U.S. grain was supposed to make consumer prices fall, they in fact rose. With the end of the Conasupo stores and price controls, the price of tortillas more than doubled in the years following NAFTA’s adoption. One company, Grupo Maseca, monopolized tortilla production, while Wal-Mart became Mexico’s largest retailer.

Under Mexico’s former national content laws, foreign automakers like Ford, Chrysler, General Motors, and Volkswagen were required to buy some of their components from Mexican producers. NAFTA, however, prohibited laws requiring foreign producers to use a certain percentage of local content in assembled products. Without this restraint, the auto giants began to supply their assembly lines with parts from their own subsidiaries, often manufactured in other countries. Mexican auto parts workers lost their jobs by the thousands.

Displaced People NAFTA s Most Important Product North American Congress on Latin America
The sucking sound you heard was jobs crossing the border on the way to China.

ThanksJesusforthefood.jpg

Cry me a river. Where is the compassion for American families who have lost their jobs to illegal aliens and can't feed their own kids? Only 3% of illegal aliens are picking crops. So most crops aren't being picked by them. Their greedy employers pass their social costs on to we the taxpayer. Many Americans have had their ID's stolen and their credit ruined due to an illegal alien. Many Americans have been victims of other crimes by illegal aliens. They have no respect for our borders nor our laws. How anyone can defend them is beyond me.

You must live a sheltered life not knowing any Mexicans or people of color, ignorance is fear . Crime? most undocumented people do not want to call attention to themselves and don't want any interaction with the authorities in this country. The are just ring to make money so their families can survive, would you do any less for yours?

Undocumented workers grim reality speak out on abuse and risk deportation US news theguardian.com

"In Austin, Texas, Antonio Campos Lozano and five of his fellow construction workers had gone unpaid by their boss. They had worked night shifts doing building work in a local mall and then often worked through the day elsewhere around the city for the same man.

"Sometimes you don't go home. You just get ready for the next shift. We work for our families. That's the main reason. We have bills to pay and families to support," he said.

But then their boss refused to pay them, and the crew reported the local businessman to a workers' rights group which took legal action.

Astonishingly, Lozano then started getting text messages from the man threatening deportation to the entire crew. "I am going to do whatever it takes to have them sent back to Mexico," read one message sent to Lozano and seen by the Guardian. Lozano is in the US legally, but the employer was explicit about the rest of the crew who were undocumented. "Your [sic] the only one that won't get sent back. Tell that to them," another text stated."

When you break laws expect to have bad things happen to you. Americans who have lost their jobs to illegal aliens (not undocumented) can't feed their families either. Are their families less important than an illegal alien lawbreakers?
I can still see some of those faces, dirty and exhausted and really, just about done in. Perched on the edge of the couch or drinking boiling hot water from the hose in the front yard.

I would always try to have chocolate and real orange juice on hand. I'd make them cheese sandwiches and fill up their water jugs with ice and water. I'd also keep small bottles of water frozen so they would thaw as they walked, giving them cold water.

People have no idea how many Border Patrol there are around Tucson. I can remember seeing the Border Patrol trucks go by and once, one followed me on the dirt road when I had four illegals in the car with me. If he had stopped me, I would have ended up in jail.

Several times, I drove them into town to the bus stop. And 2-3 times, drove them all the way to Eloy, a farming community north of Tucson, where they had jobs waiting in the fields.

They always wanted to pay for the help and would have money in plastic baggies in their shoe.

Once, driving into Tucson on Ajo, I picked up a family. It was one of the extremely hot summers in the 80s and they just about couldn't walk another step. I stopped at a Circle K and got hot dogs, candy bars and water for each of them. They recognized the Border Patrol HQ on Ajo just inside Tucson. They had a map with a destination on the Tohono O'odom reservation south of Tucson, so I took them there. It was a tiny adobe house and people poured out to welcome their family members.

The saddest was when the sheriff was holding three in my front yard, waiting for Border Patrol to come get them. They were sitting on the ground, under the tree, totally exhausted, very near complete collapse. The deputy misunderstood, saying he was sorry but they'd get them out of my yard as soon as they could. I made flavored coffee for them, hot and sugary and one of them kissed my hand.

I would always tell them, Via con Dios when we parted.

Some of them walk for weeks and weeks. Most of the women are raped - I've read that its more than 80%

Sometime ago, there was an article in the AZ Daily Star about what happens to the body when you die of dehydration. It must be a real horror - very painful. The illegals themselves would find bodies of others who didn't make it.

How desperate must someone be to leave everything they know and love to risk it all?

ThanksJesusforthefood.jpg

Its well known that Mexicans do not steal jobs from Americans. The fact is, Americans won't do the work because its too hard and doesn't pay enough to live on.
Yet they pay enough for illegals to live here AND send money home.

These jobs just don't pay as much as welfare.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back