THIS is What Trump is Talking about Regarding Ted Cruz Presidential Qualifications

Candidates shouldnt get secret service until they have proved their citizenship. I mean, who looked up the citizenship of those guys who ran into the white house......

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Before the election, Issues of eligibility are most typically addressed at the State level. Since the assigning of electors is the sole responsibility of State legislatures, individual Secretaries of State of a US state can question the eligibility of a given candidate to appear on that State's ballots. A presidential candidate has to petition each State individually to be on that State's ballots. And get approval from each State.

50 of 50 times.

If a given Secretary of State has questions, they can request additional documentation. Either from the candidate directly or from government body that issued the documents in question. In 2012, for example, the Secretary of State of Arizona asked the State of Hawaii to verify several key points of information related to Obama's birth in Hawaii. Hawaii did. And after receiving this verification, Obama was certified as eligible to be on the Arizona State ballot for President of the United States.

Certified by who? The Secretary of State of Arizona.

After the election, perhaps the judiciary or the Secretary of State or President of the Senate? Dunno. Its never come up. But it would almost certainly be resolved at the federal level.

Theoretically, during the election the Electors themselves could make that decision unilaterally. Refusing to cast a vote for someone that they don't feel meets the criteria of eligibility. While state law may require an Elector follow the vote of the State, in the electoral college itself the Elector themselves is essentially God. They can cast their vote anyway they wish. They answer to no one.

They may face State sanction and even criminal penalties when they get home. But their vote is legally binding per the constitution and can determine who will be president and vice president.

Last edited:
Soooo.....why hasent the FBI got involved in determining if candidates can run for president?

Its not their job.
Ok then, for kicks, whose job is it?

Congress, which can pass laws explicitly defining Natural born citizenship. Of which there are no laws on the books. Or the judiciary tasked with interpreting the constitution if the issue merited an actual hearing and ruling.

Which so far, it hasn't.
I think i read that somewhere....i dont understand why we leave this loop hole open but so quick to make laws about hover boards.

Because its really not much of a legal controversy. There are a few vocal folks on the issue. But even in the most wildly conservative or wildly liberal states, the issue of eligibility for folks who are US citizens at birth gets almost no play.

I think in 2008 the Senate passed a resolution affirming McCain's eligibility. But it was non-binding and largely for show.

Its just not much of an issue. You'd probably need a State Secretary of State or a lawsuit by a State legislature to bring the issue up with the court, challenging eligibility of a given candidate for this issue to be taken seriously. As they would have standing. And its not an issue of controversy at that level.

Trump has always been an idiot Birther.

He was one of the very first Cruz Birthers.

I found the Press Secretaries response to be hilarious and quite accurate:

“It would be quite ironic if after 7 or 8 years of drama around the president’s birth certificate if Republican primary voters were to choose Senator Cruz as their nominee,” he said. “Somebody who actually wasn’t born in the United States and only 15 months ago renounced his Canadian citizenship.”
Lol, you call Trump an idiot Birther when all he was doing was pointing out the trouble Cruz might attract as a Presidential candidate, then you quote the White Whore secretariat as seriously questioning Cruzes status.

roflmao

Clearly reading comprehension is not your friend.

Trump is an idiot Birhter.

The Press Secretary never once questioned Senator Cruz's eligibility- read what he said.

And yes it is ironic- as it is for everyone who has noticed that Birthers don't care that Cruz was born in a foreign country and had dual citizenship at birth- the things Birthers have claimed for years disqualified Obama.

He never says Cruz is ineligible- he points out the delicious irony.

Trump agrees that Cruz has the right to run, but he thinks.

Actually- I know it is upsetting to Trumpbuddies to have what Trump has actually said brought up but- Trump has repeatedly questioned whether or not Cruz has the right to run

In December 2014, he also told ABC, "I think he's a really nice guy, I've gotten to know him a little bit, but I think if he's born in Canada it's a problem, no question about it."

“I think it’s a problem for him,” Trump said at the time. ““He’s a friend of mine. I have great respect for him… but I think if he was born in Canada, it’s a problem.”

“He can’t be president?” Karl asked.

“Well, I would say he can’t be president,” Trump agreed.
That was over a year ago prior to Trump declaring, thus is honest opinion that Cruz would have trouble.

More recently Trump agreed that Cruz has the right to run.

It is sad to see libtard reaching so low to find anything they can to deflect/distract the public from Hillary's multiple scandals, from her whore mongering husband to her emails and FBI criminal investigation into her probable violations of the law.

LOL- how hilarious- you try to deflect from Trump's Birtherism by attacking Hillary!

How very hilarious.

Trump was the first Republican to play the Birther card on Cruz- then he took it back- and now he is playing it again.

Playing Birthers and his supporters like an fisherman pulling in a trout.

“It would be quite ironic if after 7 or 8 years of drama around the president’s birth certificate if Republican primary voters were to choose Senator Cruz as their nominee,” he said. “Somebody who actually wasn’t born in the United States and only 15 months ago renounced his Canadian citizenship.”
Lol, you call Trump an idiot Birther when all he was doing was pointing out the trouble Cruz might attract as a Presidential candidate, then you quote the White Whore secretariat as seriously questioning Cruzes status.

roflmao

The Press Secretary never once questioned Senator Cruz's eligibility- read what he said.

And yes it is ironic- as it is for everyone who has noticed that Birthers don't care that Cruz was born in a foreign country and had dual citizenship at birth- the things Birthers have claimed for years disqualified Obama.

And implies that Cruz has issues with it, bubba.

And Trump is not an idiot, dude.

roflmao

No it doesn't. It implies that its ironic. Not that there is actually any question to eligibility.

He's poking fun at the double standards of some republican primary voters.

Trump agrees that Cruz has the right to run, but he thinks that it will still be used by Dhimmicrats to interfere with the election and here are two links that show some in both parties feel like there are still issues in that regard.

Whether they are sincere or not is irrelevant. It would take years for this to go through the courts.

Team Obama Joins Donald Trump’s Attack On Ted Cruz’s Citizenship - Breitbart

Earnest then seemed willing to feed the narrative questioning Cruz’s citizenship.

Rand Paul Says He's Not Sure If Ted Cruz Is Eligible To Be President

Again Trump is proven right and his critics wind up sucking hind teet.

"Team Obama" isn't questioning Cruz' legality to be president.

Trump agrees that Cruz has the right to run, but he thinks that it will still be used by Dhimmicrats to interfere with the election and here are two links that show some in both parties feel like there are still issues in that regard.

Whether they are sincere or not is irrelevant. It would take years for this to go through the courts.

Earnest then seemed willing to feed the narrative questioning Cruz’s citizenship.

Yeah, they know that. But its republicans who are stirring shit on Cruz's eligible. And the first rule of the 'party of personal responsibility'...is that its always someone else's fault.

Yeah, they know that. But its republicans who are stirring shit on Cruz's eligible. And the first rule of the 'party of personal responsibility'...is that its always someone else's fault.

I think it's Trumpers who want to include Democrats in their crusade against Trump (the better campaigner).

If Democrats aren't against Cruz' eligibility then what point would Trump have? This is entirely a GOP primary problem.

Trump is playing them- he suggests Cruz is not eligible- then he says Cruz is eligible, then suggests 'for the good of Cruz' he should get a court to say he is eligible......beautiful passive aggresive plausible deniability behavior.

Trump is playing them- he suggests Cruz is not eligible- then he says Cruz is eligible, then suggests 'for the good of Cruz' he should get a court to say he is eligible......beautiful passive aggresive plausible deniability behavior.

Trump is 'playing' somebody, that is how competition works, dude. You use your skill set, whatever itmay be, to out think your opponent. But I suspect we differ as to who you think the target of Trump's game is.

Who do you think Trump is 'playing'? The voters? His competition? The press? The Establishment GOP?

HE IS PLAYING EVERYBODY. That is the job of a business competitor. These men use whatever form of 'game strategy' to win that they are capable of. Let me communicate this to you at your level; think 'I drink your shake' from 'There Will Be Blood.' Get it? That is the kind of man that Trump has won against that he has beaten in competition for billions of dollars of wealth, and he is a genius at drinking your fucking shake. He is drinking your fucking shake as we speak/read/write on this thread and you dont have a clue.

In fact, one thing Trump is using against you is your own sense of intellectual superiority, letting you think he is a clown by refusing to debate the issues on your terms by using your preferred Wonk Word Salads to bore everyone to death. No, he is speaking to the public like an advertiser would do, appealing to emotions, telling us that if we vote for him we can at least feel good about our vote no matter what he ends up doing because you voted to 'Make America Great Again', and dont we all really want that? Well, most of us do, but Trump and a growing number of people have come to realize that the libtard left couldnt give a shit about making America better or even survive, and this contrast is his greatest selling point as the libtards lie and say 'America is still great!', something all honest citizens who love their country know in their heart of hearts has not been true since 2007 if not long before that.

Trump has made billions in one of the most competitive real estate markets in the world, if not THE most competitive. He has made himself into a successful reality media star and is a very successful author. These accomplishments imply some very specific things about Trump; what kind of person he is, what motivates him and how he operates, but you libtards cant see any of that because you have to demonize him, make him out to be some kind of clown or fool as part of your demonstration of Dhimmicrat partisan hack loyalty. You cant be honest with yourself for two seconds to try and grasp the character of who Trump is, instead you are only committed to clapping on command along with everyone else among the literati, not knowing what you are clapping for and only determined to not be the first person to stop clapping, like the good Stalinists you ass hats truly are.

Thus you will NEVER understand how the man thinks and he will continue to be able to PLAY YOU morons like a cheap fiddle, all the way to the White House.

And I sit here and laugh, knowing that you will not likely even read this post, tldr, but you will shit out a response anyway, on command, essentially saying nothing other than 'No, it's not!'

My God, I am loving this election. I have been waiting for it for years and it took a stupid Marxist ape in the White House to make it a reality by being so horrible that enough Americans finally woke the hell up.

Last edited:

I think it's Trumpers who want to include Democrats in their crusade against Trump (the better campaigner).

If Democrats aren't against Cruz' eligibility then what point would Trump have? This is entirely a GOP primary problem.

Lol, you really believe that stupid shit or is it just another libtard effort to throw shit against the wall and see what sticks?

With you jack asses its harder and harder to tell as the years go by.

roflmao

Trump is an idiot Birther. He was an idiot Birther regarding Obama- and he is an idiot Birther regarding Cruz. If you would prefer a more intellectually powerful term- con-man would perhaps be the term you would prefer.

Cruz doesn't think his place of birth is an issue- that would be Trump and Coulter who think that his place of birth may be a legal problem.

Team Obama is pointing out the delicious irony of having a GOP candidate with the very issues that Birthers claimed disqualified President Obama- which is absolutely delicious irony.

Lol, you really believe that stupid shit or is it just another libtard effort to throw shit against the wall and see what sticks?

Jimmie is getting pissy because the idiocy of the GOP is being pointed out again.

There's not one stick of Presidential timber in the Republican field, and whichever doofus gets the nomination will lose to Hillary, as she's already too far out front. Making this whole Ted Cruz bs moot.

I disagree. I think Kasich would make a decent president.

Republicans are quite clear that they have no interest in candidates that would make a good President.
and the dems lick the feet of Hillary. funny shit dude libturd.

Jimmie is getting pissy because the idiocy of the GOP is being pointed out again.
and the dims still have Hillary!!!! libturd heaven right there.

Trump is 'playing' somebody, that is how competition works, dude. You use your skill set, whatever itmay be, to out think your opponent. But I suspect we differ as to who you think the target of Trump's game is.

Who do you think Trump is 'playing'? The voters? His competition? The press? The Establishment GOP?

HE IS PLAYING EVERYBODY..

Oh I agree- he is trying to play everyone. Look how his supporters believe what he says and ignore everything he has said and done prior to becoming a GOP Presidential candidate and suddenly started to pretend to be a Conservative.

Trump lies and his supporters eat it up. Trump plays to his racist and xenophobic base- and they eat it up- and then when called on it just says he didn't say what he said. And his supporters eat it up.

I am not concerned about Trump.

Why?

First of all- I don't think he will be nominated- I think the GOP will start to support a single politician as the GOP tribe of candidates is thinned out.

Second- I don't think he can be elected- unless Clinton really blows it, she will easily win in a general election(though I never will presume that Clinton will not find a way to self destruct).

Thirdly- I am not really worried if he gets elected. He is the least conservative and least ideological GOP candidate in the race. I think he would be a bad President, but the United States is stronger than any President despite what Trump and the GOP says- and we will still do fine.

roflmao

Trump is an idiot Birther. He was an idiot Birther regarding Obama- and he is an idiot Birther regarding Cruz. If you would prefer a more intellectually powerful term- con-man would perhaps be the term you would prefer.

Cruz doesn't think his place of birth is an issue- that would be Trump and Coulter who think that his place of birth may be a legal problem.

Team Obama is pointing out the delicious irony of having a GOP candidate with the very issues that Birthers claimed disqualified President Obama- which is absolutely delicious irony.

trump is playing his rubes

roflmao

trump is playing his rubes

Check out my new thread and poll on Ted's natural born citizen status.

Forum List

Back