THIS is the real gun violence problem in the US ( and it's the government's fault)

See, you give a handful of examples, but its no where even close to all of them.

And you are talking about in a convoluted way, the drug dealer, vs. the drug user....aren't you?

If you cut off all supply, then you cut out the users....and new users....at least, reduce them.

How does the black market get the guns to sell illegally???

I saw a bust once that showed a guy that had 1500 guns in his garage and home that he was selling on the black market.....this was a while back, don't remember the state?
Here we go with a version of the everyone is a criminal in waiting argument.

If we take guns and rights away from everyone then there will be no more gun crimes. The hell with the innocent until proven guilty bullshit right?

That is naïve to the point of mental retardation.

you prosecute straw buyers if you catch them, and don't plea bargain it down and you prosecute those that use firearms illegally and DON'T plea bargain it down.
How can we catch MORE straw buyers? Why is it so easy? Aren't there millions of illegal guns out there in the wrong hands?

you prosecute straw buyers if you catch them, and don't plea bargain it down and you prosecute those that use firearms illegally and DON'T plea bargain it down.
The thing is a person illegally possessing firearms can be tried in both state and federal courts and serve time for both offenses without violating double jeopardy laws.

So a piece of shit gets caught illegally possessing a firearm should be tried in state court and federal court and when he finishes his stint in the county jail he can get shipped to a federal prison to serve that time.

Here we go with a version of the everyone is a criminal in waiting argument.

If we take guns and rights away from everyone then there will be no more gun crimes. The hell with the innocent until proven guilty bullshit right?

That is naïve to the point of mental retardation.
I don't want to take guns and rights away from everyone, that would include my husband.

I just want to take the easy peasy access to any illegal gun of the criminal's choice, away.

Last edited:
I don't want to take guns and rights away from everyone, that would include my husband.

I just want to take the easy peasy access to any illegal gun of the criminals choice, away.
How?

We can't keep illegal drugs off the streets so how do you propose to keep black market guns off the streets?

That was my question in my first or second post! I don't know, that's why I am asking you guys!
It can't be done in the real world. Like i said we can't keep illegal drugs off the streets, there are thriving black markets for cigarettes and fake name brand clothing, so why do you think we can do for guns what cant be done for every other illicit product ?

The best we can do is actually enforce gun laws on both the state and federal levels.

Weren't all of the illegal guns, LEGAL guns when the manufacturer produced and sold them? How are these LEGAL guns, getting in to the hands of criminals making them illegal guns?

That's where the root of the problem is....not AFTER they have committed a crime with the illegal gun.
Correct – all guns start out as legal guns when sold new by a Federally licensed dealer (FFL).

The thread premise is attempting to promote the lie that because most crimes are committed by prohibited persons who acquired firearms illegally, firearm regulatory measures ‘don’t work’ and that additional measures ‘aren’t warranted.’

Why this is a lie is noted in the OP link:

“About 48 percent of state prison inmates surveyed said they got the gun they used from a family member, friend, gun store, pawn shop, flea market, or gun show. Most states only require a background check if the purchase happens at a gun store, according to the Giffords Center to Prevent Gun Violence.”

In fact, only nine states have background check requirements.

Consequently, it’s a lie to claim that firearm regulatory measures ‘don’t work’; rather, the issue is that regulatory measures are inconsistent, varying from state to state.

From the OP link:

“The data is hard to track because gun ownership laws vary from state to state. New York state has universal background checks, for example. All gun sales have to go through a federally licensed dealer. A state like Mississippi, meanwhile, does not require background checks outside of gun shops.”

Correct – all guns start out as legal guns when sold new by a Federally licensed dealer (FFL).

The thread premise is attempting to promote the lie that because most crimes are committed by prohibited persons who acquired firearms illegally, firearm regulatory measures ‘don’t work’ and that additional measures ‘aren’t warranted.’

“About 48 percent of state prison inmates surveyed said they got the gun they used from a family member, friend, gun store, pawn shop, flea market, or gun show. Most states only require a background check if the purchase happens at a gun store, according to the Giffords Center to Prevent Gun Violence.”

Consequently, it’s a lie to claim that firearm regulatory measures ‘don’t work’; rather, the issue is that regulatory measures are inconsistent, varying from state to state.

From the OP link:

“The data is hard to track because gun ownership laws vary from state to state. New York state has universal background checks, for example. All gun sales have to go through a federally licensed dealer. A state like Mississippi, meanwhile, does not require background checks outside of gun shops.”
Most crimes involving guns ARE committed by people who illegally possess guns.

From the OP link:

You are a liar most crime with firearms is by criminals and it has been linked several times in this thread alone.

So how do you stop the theft and straw buyers?

When you catch the actual criminal with the illegal gun in their possession, you lock them up for 30 years........and when he tells you who the straw buyer was, you lock them up for 30 years too.......you idiot.

How can we catch MORE straw buyers? Why is it so easy? Aren't there millions of illegal guns out there in the wrong hands?

Millions, no. The problem, again, since you are very dumb....is the democrat party prosecutors, judges and politicians are refusing to keep violent gun offenders in jail and prison. If there is no penalty for breaking gun laws, the criminals have no reason to stop.

From the OP link:

Shit head....all states have federal background check requirements...you lying doofus.

And private sales of guns don't require background checks because you are selling a legal item from your own personal collection. The only reason you and the other anti-gun fascists want universal background checks is to then demand universal gun registration....which is what you want and need before you ban and confiscate guns.

THIS is the real gun violence problem in the US ( and it's the government's fault)​

I love it. Members of the party of personal responsibility are not responsible for the government they elect.

You are a liar most crime with firearms is by criminals and it has been linked several times in this thread alone.
What? All crime with firearms is done by criminals, Shirley? Like the criminal prominent lawyer from SC.

Forum List

Back