This is the best time in the history of the world

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Powerman, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Powerman

Powerman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    and it's only getting better.

All this gloom around here needs to stop. Everytime I hear one of these "what is the world coming to?" deals I really wonder if people realize how great it is to be alive today. If you are alive and in America today your life is better than 99% of the people who have ever lived including Kings and Emperors and the like.

2. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Okay. I don't know how much debate you are going to get here.

3. Powerman

Powerman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39

I'm not really referring to anyone in particular here. Just referring to people in general. It's usually the RR. People act like the world is going to shit because someone tells you happy holidays or because there is a movie about gay cowboys. Who cares really. Things are much better now than at any other time in history. People who are always longing for the days of the past really confuse me. Things are so much better now. If anything I think I would rather be born a few years later than I was.

4. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    I can think of only a few times in history where being a Christian was rougher than now...that time involved being fed to lions. ;)

For whatever the problems with today's society, seemingly running FULL STEAM towards Lies - embracing lies as truth - things WILL pick up...just a matter of time.
    ;)

5. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    I would like Ben Franklin's idea. Wake me up every 50 years or so. I want to know how it all turns out.

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,198
    Very true. This is the best time to be alive. But good and evil and always balanced. It's the best time and its the worst time. We live better than any previous generation before us, but we are all alot less civilized then just a generation or two before us.

Fact is life will get better and worse.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511

I always see the left badmouthing everything. They say the economy is bad when it's good. They say we've lost the war in Iraq when we've one. Your accusations are misplaced, devilboy.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    If they ever get a liberal president elected, the exact same conditions that exist now will be considered to be perfect or someone elses' fault but that's not news to anyone here.

9. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,168
    You think everything is fine and dandy because you haven't enough years under your belt to have known any different. I on the other hand have.

I can remember better days. You can't. Simple.

And you're a liberal. You 'prefer' all the heathenistic changes. I don't. You sympathise with terrorists. I don't. You think faggots and their butt fucking ways is beautiful. I don't. You think the wholesale slaughter of the unborn isn't murder. I don't. You think john kerry, howie dean and slick willie are great men. I don't. You think there's no war Christianity. I don't. Your "I don't give a fuck" attitude is common to young, ignorant punks like yourself. That's what they're teaching you poor fucks in schools today. Liberal bullshit.

Wait until you're fifty years old junior, and some little twirp starts telling you you're out of line. The hair on the back of your neck will stand up too.

10. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    and WHO is doing the complaining here?