This is how you lower gun crime...you actually arrest felons with guns and other criminals with guns

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
See....gun control actually works...when you target criminals who use guns. If you waste your time and energy and focus on law abiding citizens, normal people, who don't shoot other people....you are a gun grabber more interested in keeping good people from owning guns, not stopping gun crime......

Feds crack down on gun-owning felons in West Palm Beach

Following separate investigations by local and federal authorities, a south Florida federal court indicted Patrick D. Turner, Antonio Gaynus, Devontae L. Colbert, and Adrian Coleman, all of West Palm Beach, for being a felon in possession of a firearm. They appeared in court on Sept. 10.

See......they didn't need to make law abiding citizens get a license, they didn't need to make normal people register their guns or limit magazine capacity.....

They simply arrested convicted felons who had guns...and guess what...they can do that...right now with current laws and without having to license anyone, register any guns and without worrying about magazine capacity.

They actually practised effective gun control here. This type of gun control works, and it lowers the violent crime and gun murder rate.

It has the added benefit of not adding paperwork to license normal gun owners, register any guns or create a legal jam for magazine limits.

No extra manpower, time or money is wasted on licesning owners, registering guns or limiting magazines.....

Gun control is easy if you want to stop crime and mass shooters....not as effective if you just want to bother normal people...you know, the ones who aren't committing gun crimes...

Last edited:
Not sure what to think of this. I've always been told i would get an automatic 5 years if i got caught with a gun.
Is this a myth or a state to state thing?

State to state...in illinois and California...you can use a gun in a crime and get as little as 3 years, and serve under the 3 years...and be out in time to murder other people with guns.....

As to registering guns to find out where they get them...this is what one of the felons said....

In response to where he obtained the gun, he said, “Man, I found the gun. Just look down ——, you can find stuff all over the place out here.”

Soooooo....there goes gun registration......

Not sure what to think of this. I've always been told i would get an automatic 5 years if i got caught with a gun.

State to state...in illinois and California...you can use a gun in a crime and get as little as 3 years, and serve under the 3 years...and be out in time to murder other people with guns.....

As to registering guns to find out where they get them...this is what one of the felons said....

In response to where he obtained the gun, he said, “Man, I found the gun. Just look down ——, you can find stuff all over the place out here.”

Soooooo....there goes gun registration......
Interesting. I thought it was federal. I hired a lawyer 4 months ago to try to get my record expunged. Taking forever & my chances aren't that good. Thing is i have no desire to buy a gun i just want a clean record for advertising purposes.

I am often criticized for advocating a competence test and training requirement for firearm purchasers but I believe testing and training are far more important in the interest of preventing gun accidents and misuse than are rigid possession and carrying requirements.

I believe a substantial percentage of handgun owners who wish to carry are not fully aware of the responsibilities and rigid constraints affecting private citizens who are armed with a gun. I further believe if more training was available to private citizens who wish to be armed it would significantly reduce instances of misuse and accidents. In fact, if more citizens were aware of such responsibilities and constraints many would change their minds about wanting to carry except when there is a pressing need.

The Second Amendment and what it implies is sufficient cause for government to ensure that more firearms training is available to citizens who do not have serious (violent felony) criminal records or have been diagnosed as mentally unstable.

More armed citizens will serve to proportionately reduce street crime -- including violence against police. But training is a critically important requirement for insuring that an armed citizen is competent and knowledgeable.

I am often criticized for advocating a competence test and training requirement for firearm purchasers but I believe testing and training are far more important in the interest of preventing gun accidents and misuse than are rigid possession and carrying requirements.

I believe a substantial percentage of handgun owners who wish to carry are not fully aware of the responsibilities and rigid constraints affecting private citizens who are armed with a gun. I further believe if more training was available to private citizens who wish to be armed it would significantly reduce instances of misuse and accidents. In fact, if more citizens were aware of such responsibilities and constraints many would change their minds about wanting to carry except when there is a pressing need.

The Second Amendment and what it implies is sufficient cause for government to ensure that more firearms training is available to citizens who do not have serious (violent felony) criminal records or have been diagnosed as mentally unstable.

More armed citizens will serve to proportionately reduce street crime -- including violence against police. But training is a critically important requirement for insuring that an armed citizen is competent and knowledgeable.
Do you advocate a competency test for voting? How about for abortion? Do we need to take a competency test to exercise freedom of speech?

Remind me again what the Courts ruled about tests needed to exercise our right to vote?

We used to have training it was preformed in schools across the Country until Democrats put a stop to that. Now it is a crime to have a weapon with in a hundred yards of a school or its property. But even at that we have less then 600 accidental deaths a year to shooting.

The NRA offers free training classes all across the country. But gun grabbers have called them evil so long that SOME gun owners are afraid to attend. And they NEED to. The classes are more then about guns.

Respecting laws and a persons rights are taught as well.

Do you advocate a competency test for voting? How about for abortion? Do we need to take a competency test to exercise freedom of speech?

Remind me again what the Courts ruled about tests needed to exercise our right to vote?

We used to have training it was preformed in schools across the Country until Democrats put a stop to that. Now it is a crime to have a weapon with in a hundred yards of a school or its property. But even at that we have less then 600 accidental deaths a year to shooting.
I can remember shooting teams in high school.

See....gun control actually works...when you target criminals who use guns. If you waste your time and energy and focus on law abiding citizens, normal people, who don't shoot other people....you are a gun grabber more interested in keeping good people from owning guns, not stopping gun crime......

Following separate investigations by local and federal authorities, a south Florida federal court indicted Patrick D. Turner, Antonio Gaynus, Devontae L. Colbert, and Adrian Coleman, all of West Palm Beach, for being a felon in possession of a firearm. They appeared in court on Sept. 10.

See......they didn't need to make law abiding citizens get a license, they didn't need to make normal people register their guns or limit magazine capacity.....

They simply arrested convicted felons who had guns...and guess what...they can do that...right now with current laws and without having to license anyone, register any guns and without worrying about magazine capacity.

They actually practised effective gun control here. This type of gun control works, and it lowers the violent crime and gun murder rate.

It has the added benefit of not adding paperwork to license normal gun owners, register any guns or create a legal jam for magazine limits.

No extra manpower, time or money is wasted on licesning owners, registering guns or limiting magazines.....

Gun control is easy if you want to stop crime and mass shooters....not as effective if you just want to bother normal people...you know, the ones who aren't committing gun crimes...

Great idea, when you gonna turn yourself in?

There us a FEDERAL mandatory 5 year sentence for being in possession of a gun while committing a crime. I believe that also applies to Felons in possession of a gun.

I can remember shooting teams in high school.
I remember guys going hunting the morning before school started and the parking lot having half a dozen trucks with hunting rifles seen in the back window.

Why would he have to turn himself in? for what?

You a libtard who wants to jail anyone that disagrees with you?

God, do you people ever laugh? I was trying to be funny....if you do anything this weekend, check out WalMart...I think, but I'm not for sure, they have bottled hooch for .99sense of Humor on sale!!

And in this country of over 320 million people…accidental deaths from guns in 2013…..505…witth over 12.8 million people carrying guns for self defense. As more people have begun to own guns, they are taking it on themselves to get the training…..so there is no need for mandated training. As Europe shows, mandated training requirements simply become a way to prevent the average person from getting guns, and especially the poor, who do not have the time and money to go through elaborate, and unnecessarily complex training to simply own a gun for self defense.

If you want to achieve what you say you want……begin gun safety education in schools in conjunction or separate from fire safety education…..That would be the best way to keep kids and adults safe when using a gun….

But again….505 accidental gun deaths in a country where 12.8 million people carry guns for self defense, and over 320 million guns in private hands…is not a problem.

God, do you people ever laugh? I was trying to be funny....if you do anything this weekend, check out WalMart...I think, but I'm not for sure, they have bottled hooch for .99sense of Humor on sale!!
Well, NOW I'm laughing, lol.

Forum List

Back