This is how millions of people are fooled into believing the AGW crap.

Wasn't talking to you litterbreath. My rambling on a bad day is genius compared to your best ad hominem posts. There ARE folks who might want an HONEST discussion of why the AGW movement is dying...

Your devolution continues. Even rambling pseudoscience nonsense is beyond you now.. I especially enjoyed the hypocrisy of you sulking about ad homs right after you flung one.

Every denier here is now literally just a conspiracy cultist. They're all in the same category as flat earthers, birthers, antivaxxers, UFO cultists and 9/11 truthers. Except those conspiracy groups whine less, and make more sense.

You are, of course, all free to keep repeating the same debunked conspiracy theories over and over. I just wouldn't get your hopes up that the results will be different next time.
And yet the OP, millions of people being fooled is very true. This post of yours is just trivel that says absolutely nothing other than your disdain for anyone who oppose what you believe. And what you believe is all a hoax. If it weren't, then indeed changes would be made to our way of life wouldn't you think? those who spout the crap wouldn't be flying around in big jet planes and having auto after auto that relies on oil. There is no action being taken to stave off the doom being preached. Why not? Why haven't these genius's done one thing to show to the millions that there really is a threat? Why? Because they all know it is bullshit. I call bullshit and I call for it everyday for every post you post. You have no idea any truth to an actual CO2 experiment that shows and is evidence supporting any unprecedented anything. ewwwwwww the big ole oil company boogie man gonna getcha if you don't change how you live. yep, your fear mongering.

There is nothing to prove Huggy. We were told by the AGW crowd that if CO2 concentrations ever got above 350 ppm the world was doomed!!

Well, CO2 concentrations are now well above 400 ppm and we have had no statistically significant warming in over 18 years.

The theory is a bust. I

I still support alternate energy sources. I love solar and have it on my house and have used it to heat my pool for over 25 years. I never pollute and I recycle.
I do those things voluntarily not because of some bullshit theory pimped by hypocrites who ride around in jets while exhorting the "little people" to make sacrifices.....

How can you claim the general theory of global warming as a "bust" just because of one statistical missed prediction? That sounds like denying that automobiles exist because they don't all meet mileage standards. I don't care about some stupid arbitrary number. It OBVIOUSLY was published without enough information to back up such a claim. That hardly proves Global Warming is a hoax.
what proves adding CO2 causes an increase in temperature. Do you have an experiment? Please let us all see it and read it.

There are 2 things that "deniers" should NEVER do..

1) Deny that CO2 is a greenhouse gas and that it can in some small part warm the atmosphere.

Don't really need an experiment. Every Atmospheric Physics textbook calculates out the warming of a homogenous layer of CO2 in the atmosphere from the basic Chemical properties of the gas (well-known) and the geometry of the IR radiation upwelling from the earth's surface (good enough approximations.) That's the 1degC/Doubling. Dr Spencer accepts this. Judith Curry accepts this and in large part -- every invested "denier" like me accepts this. THIS however is not the hysterical "magically multiplied" warming that is the FOUNDATION of the AGW cause.

2) Rely on the past 15 or 17 years of rather flat temperatures as the MAIN reason to reject Global Warming.

That's a risky proposition because statistics are a fickle bitch. There are so many targets of opportunity that are weak or unjustifiable assertions that have been made to scare and deceive the public --- ALL of that is far more important than "the pause"..

There is nothing to prove Huggy. We were told by the AGW crowd that if CO2 concentrations ever got above 350 ppm the world was doomed!!

Well, CO2 concentrations are now well above 400 ppm and we have had no statistically significant warming in over 18 years.

The theory is a bust. I

I still support alternate energy sources. I love solar and have it on my house and have used it to heat my pool for over 25 years. I never pollute and I recycle.
I do those things voluntarily not because of some bullshit theory pimped by hypocrites who ride around in jets while exhorting the "little people" to make sacrifices.....

How can you claim the general theory of global warming as a "bust" just because of one statistical missed prediction? That sounds like denying that automobiles exist because they don't all meet mileage standards. I don't care about some stupid arbitrary number. It OBVIOUSLY was published without enough information to back up such a claim. That hardly proves Global Warming is a hoax.
what proves adding CO2 causes an increase in temperature. Do you have an experiment? Please let us all see it and read it.

1) Deny that CO2 is a greenhouse gas and that it can in some small part warm the atmosphere.

Don't really need an experiment. Every Atmospheric Physics textbook calculates out the warming of a homogenous layer of CO2 in the atmosphere from the basic Chemical properties of the gas (well-known) and the geometry of the IR radiation upwelling from the earth's surface (good enough approximations.) That's the 1degC/Doubling. Dr Spencer accepts this. Judith Curry accepts this and in large part -- every invested "denier" like me accepts this. THIS however is not the hysterical "magically multiplied" warming that is the FOUNDATION of the AGW cause.

2) Rely on the past 15 or 17 years of rather flat temperatures as the MAIN reason to reject Global Warming.

That's a risky proposition because statistics are a fickle bitch. There are so many targets of opportunity that are weak or unjustifiable assertions that have been made to scare and deceive the public --- ALL of that is far more important than "the pause"..
I agree that if one doubles the CO2 in the atmosphere it most likely will cause a rise of ~1 degree C. We aren't double yet, we are only at 400 PPM not 560PPM. And since the rate of increased CO2 in the atmosphere, the temperature increase is ~0.5 degree C. There is absolutely no evidence to support a 3 degree C increase. Anyone making such a claim I expect to prove it. All logarithmic graphs will show the ~1 degree C for the doubling linear as well. So 560 to 1120 another ~1 degree C possible. I'm sorry, but that is not catastrophic nor is it nearing catastrophic. It is normal. The pause is the pause, there will be no way to determine why the pause other than the cyclical state of the planet and until that is proven wrong, the earth is the worst witness for the warmers.

The theory is a bust. I

I agree that if one doubles the CO2 in the atmosphere it most likely will cause a rise of ~1 degree C. We aren't double yet, we are only at 400 PPM not 560PPM. And since the rate of increased CO2 in the atmosphere, the temperature increase is ~0.5 degree C. There is absolutely no evidence to support a 3 degree C increase. Anyone making such a claim I expect to prove it. All logarithmic graphs will show the ~1 degree C for the doubling linear as well. So 560 to 1120 another ~1 degree C possible. I'm sorry, but that is not catastrophic nor is it nearing catastrophic. It is normal. The pause is the pause, there will be no way to determine why the pause other than the cyclical state of the planet and until that is proven wrong, the earth is the worst witness for the warmers.

That is EXACTLY the argument that needs to be made. ALL propaganda is cooked with little valid factoids for flavoring. It's the EXAGGERATIONS of the warming power of CO2 that IS the AGW theory. In fact, the theory states that CO2 is merely the "trigger" event to cause a 2degC (or so change) that will send Mother Earth into an irreversible cycle of self-destruction. Due largely to effects the Church of AGW has imagined, but never justified.

To believe that crap, you have to suspend observations and reason about the planet's violent history of Climate change and wonder how a mere 2degC trigger hasn't ALREADY lit the oceans on fire..

Odd to see the champion of all responses non-linear making linear assumptions for all direct processes and positive feedbacks.

The Myth of the Climate Change '97%'
What is the origin of the false belief—constantly repeated—that almost all scientists agree about global warming?

Joseph Bast and Roy Spencer The Myth of the Climate Change 97 - WSJ

Crick said:

Anything?

The theory is a bust. I

Now Flat, that is an obvious lie. Just on this thread, you can find deniers stating that CO2 has no warming affects.

Sorry, old boy, in the past 15 to 17 years we have had the warmest 10 years ever recorded. And the ocean warming has been quite impressive. 1998 was a super El Nino, 2005 and 2010 were moderate El Nino's, and 2014 was a neutral ENSO. All were about the same on the total heat. Now it looks like 2015 is about to be a record year that will far exceed the last record years.

But that is what is scaring you deniars. For your lies are catching up to you. Yes, a strong El Nino brings rain, and sometimes floods, to Texas. But it is not yet a strong El Nino, and it has brought record floods to Texas. Scientists like Dr. Jennifer Francis predicted that the lack of ice in the Arctic would cause significant changes in the Jet Stream, that would result in stalled weather fronts that would create extremes. So, we just had the warmest winter on record for the Northwest and the Northeast had a very cold winter. All the flapyap you people have engaged in is coming back to haunt you.

The theory is a bust. I

That is EXACTLY the argument that needs to be made. ALL propaganda is cooked with little valid factoids for flavoring. It's the EXAGGERATIONS of the warming power of CO2 that IS the AGW theory. In fact, the theory states that CO2 is merely the "trigger" event to cause a 2degC (or so change) that will send Mother Earth into an irreversible cycle of self-destruction. Due largely to effects the Church of AGW has imagined, but never justified.

To believe that crap, you have to suspend observations and reason about the planet's violent history of Climate change and wonder how a mere 2degC trigger hasn't ALREADY lit the oceans on fire..
Flat, you are an asshole. Because you damned well that is not what the scientists are saying. What they are saying is that with the present population, the affects on agriculture and the oceans may cause a significant reduction in food supply. That will affect the Earth very little, but will affect the people and wildlife in third and second world nations. And even in the first world nations, it will lower the standard of living for most of the population.

The theory is a bust. I

Very few here deny that CO2 is greenhouse gas, many claim that the CO2 is mostly natural.

Have not seen anyone post that Global Warming is not real, just that AGW is not real. Anyone trying to claim that Global Warming and AGW are the same should never be taken seriously, especially if they claim to be a "scientist".

There has been zero scientific evidence to prove that CO2 controls the climate. Many have tried, but there are no datasets with source code that proves the basis of the AGW religion.

The largest greenhouse gas in the atmosphere is water Vapor, yet largely ignored and studied on any level compared to CO2.

The theory is a bust. I

Now Flat, that is an obvious lie. Just on this thread, you can find deniers stating that CO2 has no warming affects.

Sorry, old boy, in the past 15 to 17 years we have had the warmest 10 years ever recorded. And the ocean warming has been quite impressive. 1998 was a super El Nino, 2005 and 2010 were moderate El Nino's, and 2014 was a neutral ENSO. All were about the same on the total heat. Now it looks like 2015 is about to be a record year that will far exceed the last record years.

But that is what is scaring you deniars. For your lies are catching up to you. Yes, a strong El Nino brings rain, and sometimes floods, to Texas. But it is not yet a strong El Nino, and it has brought record floods to Texas. Scientists like Dr. Jennifer Francis predicted that the lack of ice in the Arctic would cause significant changes in the Jet Stream, that would result in stalled weather fronts that would create extremes. So, we just had the warmest winter on record for the Northwest and the Northeast had a very cold winter. All the flapyap you people have engaged in is coming back to haunt you.

Did ya know that the Dow Jones has been in "RECORD TERRITORY" for over 3 years now. It's been one high rigtht after the next?

Some supposedly college educated people are very naive about the claims they make. The DOW -- like your imaginary Global Thermometer -- hasn't really done ANYTHING for about 16 years. But you can choose to spin that for any morons that might be impressed.

Spare us PLEASE from your persistent confusion between weather, cyclical weather and climate. It's getting really tired and sick. There is NOBODY, not even the Chief Commander of AGW BH Obama who says such silly things.

Yeah -- unfortunately there might be. But not any that really count. There's only TWO posters on USMB that I've ever seen try to defend that position. And they failed miserably. IanC and others (including me) helped them to fail. And they are not in this thread.

What the rest are asking of you is to PROVE that CO2 will cause a 6 or 8degC in the Global temp by 2100.. It wont'. Not without the Magic Multipliers. When's the last time you saw some spineless research tool allow their work to say there MIGHT be a 8degC by 2100? Ever ask them what "climate sensitivity" was set in that particular model run? No --- you probably didn't ask -- and they didn't tell. It's a well orchestrated propaganda machine..

BTW -- Al RokerRocks --- you don't need an El Nino to bring floods to Texas. I'd stick to whatever passes for Geology at your school. No way a 0.5degC change in temp in your lifetime is flooding Texas. And NOBODY an play Chicken Little as well as you do. You are SERIOUSLY supposed to wait til it ACTUALLY WARMS to be doing the "end of the world" dance...

Last edited:

The theory is a bust. I

Very few here deny that CO2 is greenhouse gas, many claim that the CO2 is mostly natural.

Have not seen anyone post that Global Warming is not real, just that AGW is not real. Anyone trying to claim that Global Warming and AGW are the same should never be taken seriously, especially if they claim to be a "scientist".

There has been zero scientific evidence to prove that CO2 controls the climate. Many have tried, but there are no datasets with source code that proves the basis of the AGW religion.

The largest greenhouse gas in the atmosphere is water Vapor, yet largely ignored and studied on any level compared to CO2.
Ignored by whom? Another lie by misdirection. Water vapor stays in the atmosphere no longer than 10 days, and then it rains out. CO2 is there for centuries.

However, all of this is moot. Here we have obvious ignoramouses stating that they know so much more than the scientists. And proving with every post how proud they are of their ignorance.

For five years, ol' Walleyes has been predicting a cooling. Hasn't happened yet. Ain't gonna happen, either. Going to be a warm year, boys, and you are all going to end up with egg on your faces.

The theory is a bust. I

Did ya know that the Dow Jones has been in "RECORD TERRITORY" for over 3 years now. It's been one high rigtht after the next?

Some supposedly college educated people are very naive about the claims they make. The DOW -- like your imaginary Global Thermometer -- hasn't really done ANYTHING for about 16 years. But you can choose to spin that for any morons that might be impressed.

Spare us PLEASE from your persistent confusion between weather, cyclical weather and climate. It's getting really tired and sick. There is NOBODY, not even the Chief Commander of AGW BH Obama who says such silly things.

Yeah -- unfortunately there might be. But not any that really count. There's only TWO posters on USMB that I've ever seen try to defend that position. And they failed miserably. IanC and others (including me) helped them to fail. And they are not in this thread.

What the rest are asking of you is to PROVE that CO2 will cause a 6 or 8degC in the Global temp by 2100.. It wont'. Not without the Magic Multipliers. When's the last time you saw some spineless research tool allow their work to say there MIGHT be a 8degC by 2100? Ever ask them what "climate sensitivity" was set in that particular model run? No --- you probably didn't ask -- and they didn't tell. It's a well orchestrated propaganda machine..

BTW -- Al RokerRocks --- you don't need an El Nino to bring floods to Texas. I'd stick to whatever passes for Geology at your school. No way a 0.5degC change in temp in your lifetime is flooding Texas. And NOBODY an play Chicken Little as well as you do. You are SERIOUSLY supposed to wait til it ACTUALLY WARMS to be doing the "end of the world" dance...
Ah, here we go again. OK, Flat, you want to put words into my mouth, and those of the scientists. Not going to work. Most of the predictions are for 2 to 3.5 degrees C. No 'end of the world' dance here. Rather a warning concerning the inevitable consequences of increasing GHGs in the atmosphere.

And, by the way, you 'Conservatives' have been predicting the end of the economic world because of President Obama for 6 years, and here we are with the Dow in record territory for 16 months. Or would you rather have the GOP economy of 2008?

Forum List

Back