This is fun -- WH TV pool bucks Obama.

I said a few days ago that all Americans and especially Journalists should be deeply offended by this White House's arrogant boasting about "Controlling the Media." I think this is an example of Journalists beginning to stand up to this White House. Hey better late than never i guess. Kudos to these brave Journalists.

Last edited:
Ame®icano;1642529 said:
Ame®icano;1642515 said:
There are always little stabs that push the ratings, never a full scale war.

CNN did run the story.

I suppose that is true. Just things like that are dishonest Journalism. The minute that ratings become more important than the truth, the battle is already half-lost.

I didn't say it's always about the rating. In this case is about the truth.

I have to agree with this in reference to CNN, MSNBC etc. They are getting THEIR ASSES KICKED BY FOX so they are trumping up all sorts of baseless lies and attacking them in order to get ratings for themselves....everyone likes to watch a fight....

This is your example???!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Not even close liberal hack.....not even close.

:booze: :booze: :booze:

You weren't calling me a Liberal hack the other day when you were praising me for my stance on Gun Control. You're a first grade hypocrite if that's your stance. The Bush Administration froze out several news sources as I linked in that post. You just want to focus on one, be my guest. However, NYT was getting the same treatment that Fox News is now. Where's Fox calling for the Bush Administration to answer? Where was Fox calling for Bush to go on MSNBC? Where is Fox calling for Republicans to not just go on Fox? I say THAT because it's obvious they aren't going to be asked the tough questions there. One of the reasons I enjoy watching Bill Maher, whether you agree or disagree with him, he asks the tough questions. He logically questions when the President does something he disagrees with.

I have to agree with this in reference to CNN, MSNBC etc. They are getting THEIR ASSES KICKED BY FOX so they are trumping up all sorts of baseless lies and attacking them in order to get ratings for themselves....everyone likes to watch a fight....

I don't know about you but I would watch the news for the actual news. Not for partisan warfare and hackery. Though I find myself being happy more and more that I don't watch network news anymore except my local news to see what's going on.

I don't know about you but I would watch the news for the actual news. Not for partisan warfare and hackery. Though I find myself being happy more and more that I don't watch network news anymore except my local news to see what's going on.

I just have basic cable now, so I miss out on all this shit.

I just have basic cable now, so I miss out on all this shit.

You're not missing much. It would be like watching monkeys toss feces at each other at the zoo while they all say they are the most clean. :lol:

You weren't calling me a Liberal hack the other day when you were praising me for my stance on Gun Control. You're a first grade hypocrite if that's your stance.

2 different subjects knucklehead....your not a complete in the tank libtard but your walking a razors edge!!

2 different subjects knucklehead....your not a complete in the tank libtard but your walking a razors edge!!

Oh go fuck yourself if you seriously think that. I think MSNBC and CNN can be just as bad as Fox. Difference is? I don't see people deluded here that think MSNBC is perfect as many Republicans on here think Fox is a shining example of Journalism. People like Edward R. Murrow would be SPINNING in their grave if they still have a body left to see what Journalism has become today.

When stations like Fox play fast and loose with the facts, caring more about soundbytes and ratings than actual facts then we have to say enough is enough. But no, Republicans enjoy such actions, so Fox News will continue their antics because they are warmly received by a large number of people. However, don't be bitching to me about the decline of quality in Journalism when you're currently supporting one of the largest bastions of partisan hackery in Journalism today.

I read unembellished, unopinionated, unbiased Navy News messages as they are received at my command. I then watch Fox and CNN to see who's telling the truth.....right now it's about 60%-40% in favor of Fox.

Oh go fuck yourself if you seriously think that. I think MSNBC and CNN can be just as bad as Fox. Difference is? I don't see people deluded here that think MSNBC is perfect as many Republicans on here think Fox is a shining example of Journalism. People like Edward R. Murrow would be SPINNING in their grave if they still have a body left to see what Journalism has become today.

When stations like Fox play fast and loose with the facts, caring more about soundbytes and ratings than actual facts then we have to say enough is enough. But no, Republicans enjoy such actions, so Fox News will continue their antics because they are warmly received by a large number of people. However, don't be bitching to me about the decline of quality in Journalism when you're currently supporting one of the largest bastions of partisan hackery in Journalism today.

Who pissed in your cornflakes asswipe?

You have no sense of humor!!

I actually saw many Bush White House personnel appear on both MSNBC & CNN over the years. So i don't know where many of you were back then. I haven't seen hardly any Obama White House personnel appearing on Fox News yet. The Bush White House just didn't seem as whiny as this White House does. They showed up on MSNBC,CNN,ABC,and CBS even though they knew they wouldn't be given a fair shake. What this White House just tried to do really is bizarre and unprecedented. Hey,they control the Media though right? I think some Journalists are beginning to now stand up to this White House and that's a good thing. Like i said,better late than never.

Last edited:
I actually saw many Bush White House personnel appear on both MSNBC & CNN over the years. So i don't know where many of you were back then. I haven't seen hardly any Obama White House personnel appearing on Fox News yet. The Bush White House just didn't seem as whiny as this White House does. They showed up on MSNBC,CNN,ABC,and CBS even though they knew they wouldn't be given a fair shake. What this White House just tried to do really is bizarre and unprecedented. Hey,they control the media though right? I think some Journalists are beginning to now stand up to this White House and that's a good thing. Like i said,better late than never.

For the first five years of the Bush Administration, the media failed to do it's job and didn't ask the Bush Administration any tough questions. Not on Afghanistan, not on Iraq, not on PTSD in the Military, not on Katrina, not on anything. The media just sat by and were cheerleaders for this administration while they built the case up for war against Iraq. It didn't matter whether their accusations were true or not (of course, they weren't). All that mattered was how the media reported it. The media ate out of the palm of the Bush Administration's hand and then fed it to the American People without asking any real question or investigating on whether the information was right.

They didn't just drop the ball. They just dropped the hammer on the foot. And the foot in this case? The American People. Because at the end of the day, we suffer the most because of their piss poor reporting. And it's their stations like Fox that helped be the best cheerleader of all. A study in 2003/2004 showed that Fox Viewers were the ones who supported the war the most and believed at least one of the three biggest misconceptions most of all.

I read unembellished, unopinionated, unbiased Navy News messages as they are received at my command. I then watch Fox and CNN to see who's telling the truth.....right now it's about 60%-40% in favor of Fox.

Well?

What you are using is an unproven claim with only your personal opinion to back it up. Considering your stance on things, it has to be taken with a grain of salt. What do you expect me to do? Call you a liar so we can have a pissing contest? Come back with facts, then we can have a go around.

I still saw many more Bush White House officials appearing on MSNBC,CNN,ABC,and CBS despite knowing they wouldn't receive a fair shake than i have seen Obama White House officials appearing on Fox News. The Bush White House Officials appeared on MSNBC & CNN quite often and simply took their lumps like real Men & Women. This White House is just so whiny and arrogant. What are they so afraid of? After all,weren't they just boasting about "Controlling the Media?" It just seems to me that this was just another weak attempt by this White House to control the Media. Nothing more,nothing less. Kudos to those brave Journalists for finally standing up to this White House. Keep up the good work.

Forum List

Back