This is fun -- WH TV pool bucks Obama.

This SPECIFIC instance never happened before. The story you're referencing isn't the same at all.

THIS was the WH trying to exclude a pool member from a pool round-robin interview. No President has ever done that. The rest of the networks had a meeting and decided they would not do the interview either unless ALL of the pool was included.

Do you understand what the pool is? The five networks share the cost of everything, and share all the same access to pool events.

This was unprecedented, as the newspaper TV critic in the video explains to you.

Now, defend it and stop deflecting.

:rolleyes: I never said what the Obama Administration did was right. It was wrong.

Seems like the knee-jerk reaction of anyone trying to defend the questionable actions of the Obama administration is to say that it happened before and always has a ready made excuse supplied to them by the usual sources.

It's clearly OK because previous administrations may have been rumored to have done something similar. Doesn't matter if the rumors they spread are true or not. They are readily acceptable as being fact because Obama isn't evil and those GOP bastards are. So as a result, another low-down and dirty tactic by Obama is once again given a pass.

Who cares if it's illegal, immoral, or just plain anti-Democratic.

Last edited:
I'm of two minds here.

On one end, the other TV stations did the right thing in backing out unless Fox had the same permissions they had. The White House is a government entity and since it's the taxpayers that support it, they need to remain open to the entire public, not just those that don't piss them off, as biased as Fox News can be. I could only wish the press in my town stuck together like that.

On the other hand, Fox News is trying to make this a giant news story just to promote themselves. Any other outlet would be concerned about the conflict of interest in reporting on themselves, but Fox is not only harping on this, but we have Bill O'Reilly every day touting their own ratings. That's not journalism, that's showboating.

Good lord - I actually kind of agree with part of what you say. It is wrong for a taxpayer funded organization (the government) refusing to deal with a news outlet. Good point.

But..... O'Reilly is not a journalist. Fox News is not about journalism - it is a news broadcaster. O'Reilly is a commentator - not a journalist.

And, if the WH are stupid enough to get into a pissing contest with Fox News, then Fox News is quite at liberty to piss as far as it can. Which is what they are doing - and they are doing it very well. They have a duty to inform their audience of what the WH is up to.

I guess NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, CNBC, and MSNBC aren't news organizations because they have similar talkshow programs featured in their programming. Meet The Press, Face The Nation, and other Sunday shows aren't news according to Obama.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I'm of two minds here.

On one end, the other TV stations did the right thing in backing out unless Fox had the same permissions they had. The White House is a government entity and since it's the taxpayers that support it, they need to remain open to the entire public, not just those that don't piss them off, as biased as Fox News can be. I could only wish the press in my town stuck together like that.

On the other hand, Fox News is trying to make this a giant news story just to promote themselves. Any other outlet would be concerned about the conflict of interest in reporting on themselves, but Fox is not only harping on this, but we have Bill O'Reilly every day touting their own ratings. That's not journalism, that's showboating.

Good lord - I actually kind of agree with part of what you say. It is wrong for a taxpayer funded organization (the government) refusing to deal with a news outlet. Good point.

But..... O'Reilly is not a journalist. Fox News is not about journalism - it is a news broadcaster. O'Reilly is a commentator - not a journalist.

And, if the WH are stupid enough to get into a pissing contest with Fox News, then Fox News is quite at liberty to piss as far as it can. Which is what they are doing - and they are doing it very well. They have a duty to inform their audience of what the WH is up to.

I guess NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, CNBC, and MSNBC aren't news organizations because they have similar talkshow programs featured in their programming. Meet The Press, Face The Nation, and other Sunday shows aren't news according to Obama.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Good points -perhaps Obama should stop talking to the media at all!! LOL. Give us all a break from his constant crap.

If you don't want fodder thrown at you, don't provide such a rich supply. Perhaps messing with a 24 hour broadcast company with a large viewership could be a problem too? Is it just me, or with the numbers falling for Obama, do the other media outlets sense blood in the water?

What do you expect from a White House whose Director of Communications boasts about "Controlling the Media" and admiring Mao Tse Tung's tactics? Personally i think this White House is using Goebbels-like tactics in controlling the Media. This kind of stuff really should be offensive to all Americans and especially Journalists.

I guess some people just doesn't remember eight years of Bush bashing by the left msm. Some of them were not even addressing him a President Bush and they were using "bush" as an epithet. Fox never did that to Bush or Obama.

The public don't like being told what they can watch or not watch, what they can read or not read. No matter what political persuasion the public follow they dislike being fed thought instruction. Obama instructed left msm not to follow FoxNews stories, he instructed his administration not to talk to them. Does he really think that they or public wouldn't get the information at all?

I'm just thinking, what would happen and how would WH react if is other way around... if FoxNews openly denied coverage for Obama?

Fox News continues to extend an open-invitation to any and all Hopey Changey White House officials. I saw many more Bush White House officials appearing regularly on Liberally Biased Media outlets like CNN,MSNBC,ABC,and CBS than i have seen Obama White House officials appearing on Fox News so far. It's not because they haven't been invited. I could tune in to CNN or MSNBC at any time and would likely see a Bush White House official answering tough questions. I have not seen this same openness and bravery coming from this current White House. They just seem incredibly whiny and arrogant to me. But hey,what can you really expect from a White House who routinely boasts about "Controlling the Media?" So if they control the Media why are they so scared of Fox News? Hmm?

Wow. It sounds like the other networks finally realized that what Obama is trying to do to Fox. could happen to them. Good for them for finally taking a stand.

It's because this had happened to them in the past. Difference is, Fox News didn't stand up for them.

Isn't that the truth. In fact, Fox applauded the Bush Administration and the Republicans for boycotting and threatening boycotts.

Who's really for free speech? Not the whining FNC that is for sure.

Wow. It sounds like the other networks finally realized that what Obama is trying to do to Fox. could happen to them. Good for them for finally taking a stand.

It's because this had happened to them in the past. Difference is, Fox News didn't stand up for them.

The USMB Official Bullshit Meter just fucking exploded.

Dogbert made that crap up on the spot and posted it as "truth" without regard to even a hint of honesty.

The USMB Official Bullshit Meter just fucking exploded.

Dogbert made that crap up on the spot and posted it as "truth" without regard to even a hint of honesty.

Yeah...I picked up n that as well.
Fox news would have had no suppoort if they did the same n the past.....

AND....the fact that they did NOT support a similar issue in the past would have been on ABC, NBC and CBS nightly news and not just on a left wing blog.

Dana Perino admits that the Bush Administration froze out MSNBC at the end. President Bush gave no interviews to the New York Times due to his hate of them during his Administration.

Where was your outrage then? Honestly, comparing the media under Bush and Obama is apple and oranges.

The media failed to do it's job under Bush and never asked any real questions until Katrina. After that point, the media can no longer ignore the fact that the emperor was without clothes.

You people can watch CNN, MSNBC, FOX, whatever. Feel free to be duped. They were the ones who were cheerleading the War in Iraq, not asking any real questions. Same thing with a bunch of other things. Hell, Fox was the worst of all when it came to Iraq because their viewers had the biggest % of at least one of the three misconceptions about the Iraq War.

The funny thing is, I'm going after both sides here. Some of you on the right are deeply defending Fox News as if it is a valid news source. It's about as a valid news source as Dr. Pepper is an actual Doctor.

Last edited:
Fox News is still extending an open-invitation to any and all Hopey Changey White House officials and very few have showed up so far. Like i said,i saw many more Bush White House officials showing up on Liberally Biased Media outlets like CNN and MSNBC than i have seen this White House's officials showing up on Fox News so far. The Bush officials at least showed up and took their lumps like real men and women. This White House just chooses to whine all the time instead. Oh well,they do control the Media i guess.

Last edited:
Dana Perino admits that the Bush Administration froze out MSNBC at the end. President Bush gave no interviews to the New York Times due to his hate of them during his Administration.

Where was your outrage then? Honestly, comparing the media under Bush and Obama is apple and oranges.

The media failed to do it's job under Bush and never asked any real questions until Katrina. After that point, the media can no longer ignore the fact that the emperor was without clothes.

You people can watch CNN, MSNBC, FOX, whatever. Feel free to be duped. They were the ones who were cheerleading the War in Iraq, not asking any real questions. Same thing with a bunch of other things. Hell, Fox was the worst of all when it came to Iraq because their viewers had the biggest % of at least one of the three misconceptions about the Iraq War.

The funny thing is, I'm going after both sides here. Some of you on the right are deeply defending Fox News as if it is a valid news source. It's about as a valid news source as Dr. Pepper is an actual Doctor.

You are clueless.....

There is a difference between choosing who you give interviews to and going in front of the cameras and saying that a news organization is not a news organization.

If they did not want to give Fox tthge interview, such is fine with me. Actually, they did that 4 sunday mornings ago and although fox compalined, the pres did nothing wrong.

But now he has decided to tell the people that Foix is not a news organization...which is his opinion.....but not his place to take his elected position to announce such AS FACT.

THAT is what bothered the press...AND the people.....

You are clueless.....

There is a difference between choosing who you give interviews to and going in front of the cameras and saying that a news organization is not a news organization.

If they did not want to give Fox tthge interview, such is fine with me. Actually, they did that 4 sunday mornings ago and although fox compalined, the pres did nothing wrong.

But now he has decided to tell the people that Foix is not a news organization...which is his opinion.....but not his place to take his elected position to announce such AS FACT.

So since Obama is now President, he no longer has a right to his opinion?

Also, what I bolded, I do not see your outrage over this:

White House Slams NBC News - Marc Ambinder

Mr. Capus, I'm sure you don't want people to conclude that there is really no distinction between the "news" as reported on NBC and the "opinion" as reported on MSNBC, despite the increasing blurring of those lines. I welcome your response to this letter, and hope it is one that reassures your broadcast network's viewers that blatantly partisan talk show hosts like Christopher Matthews and Keith Olbermann at MSNBC don't hold editorial sway over the NBC network news division.

OH WAI, you probably agree with it. I'm sorry, you wouldn't be outraged by such a thing.

Could basically be replacing Keith and Chris in that sentence with Glenn Beck and Billo.

My main point is that you are free to complain about this and have the right to do so. However, be consistent. Do so when Republicans do it too, not just Democrats.

Last edited:
You are clueless.....

So since Obama is now President, he no longer has a right to his opinion?

Also, what I bolded, I do not see your outrage over this:

White House Slams NBC News - Marc Ambinder

Mr. Capus, I'm sure you don't want people to conclude that there is really no distinction between the "news" as reported on NBC and the "opinion" as reported on MSNBC, despite the increasing blurring of those lines. I welcome your response to this letter, and hope it is one that reassures your broadcast network's viewers that blatantly partisan talk show hosts like Christopher Matthews and Keith Olbermann at MSNBC don't hold editorial sway over the NBC network news division.

OH WAI, you probably agree with it. I'm sorry, you wouldn't be outraged by such a thing.

Could basically be replacing Keith and Chris in that sentence with Glenn Beck and Billo.

My main point is that you are free to complain about this and have the right to do so. However, be consistent. Do so when Republicans do it too, not just Democrats.

Yep you left wing hack....The president does not have the right to EXPRESS his opinion about a news organization. Spot on moron.

Beck, Oreilly and Hannity have NEVER referred to themselves as news reporters OR news anchors......Keith and Chris have you idiot.

No go back in Obama asshole where you seem to love to keep warm you left wing anti american loser.

Oh...and the name calling? Was for the outright lie you posted and stated as fact. I hate moronic liars...I like debates...but you are a liar......so go away.

Yep you left wing hack....The president does not have the right to EXPRESS his opinion about a news organization. Spot on moron.

Beck, Oreilly and Hannity have NEVER referred to themselves as news reporters OR news anchors......Keith and Chris have you idiot.

No go back in Obama asshole where you seem to love to keep warm you left wing anti american loser.

Oh...and the name calling? Was for the outright lie you posted and stated as fact. I hate moronic liars...I like debates...but you are a liar......so go away.

You completely dodged the rest of my post. You focused on a little part. I see how it is, you rather not face the facts that the Bush Administration did to NBC what the Obama Administration is now doing to Fox. No consistency on your part there Hack.

You're right, Beck is a self-described rodeo clown. And it tells a lot when people put such faith and trust in such a clown.

And oh yes, Sean Hannity. Does the name Hal Turner ring a bell? How about him telling a Lesbian on air that he "feels sorry for her child".

Yes, these are the people you listen to as the truthsayers. I feel sorry for this country if people like Hannity and Beck are considered to be valid sources.

Still waiting for some consistency. Because at the moment, the only thing that is old and tired is the act of faux outrage that Republicans put on when the Democrats do something that they did.

Thats bending the truth see. thinkprogress.org/2009/10/19/perino-msnbc
Perino admits the Bush administration essentially froze out MSNBC ‘towards the end.’
FXN is more than fair to Obama inviting democrats on to debate issues. MSNBC is nothing more than a rant station against Bush and the GOP and lap dogs for Obama and the dems.

Truer words were never spoken. The media was generally unfair to Bush and sucks up everything the Obama admin puts out.

1) there never was a hurricane with damage as massive as Katrina
2) New Orleans was always a basket case due to dem corruption, it was a disaster waiting to happen when they built in flood zones with substandard levees
3) Bush didn't do anything illegal or unethical with regards to Katrina. The moronic governor and mayor who didn't require evacuations should be blamed, not Bush.
4) Name one thing that Bush did that created the Katrina disaster. I named several democrats who were directly responsible, and past ones who managed zoning poorly.

Another Saddam lover. The Butcher of Baghdad killed and tortured a reported 300,000 Iraqis. Nice to see that you supported his brutal regime instead of a budding democracy.

FXN is the most objective news station on TV. I'll put Oreilley up against any Obama apologist on the Communist News Network, the MSNBC ranting clowns, or the other stations that aren't watched.....ratings matter.

Last edited:

You completely dodged the rest of my post. You focused on a little part. I see how it is, you rather not face the facts that the Bush Administration did to NBC what the Obama Administration is now doing to Fox. No consistency on your part there Hack.

You're right, Beck is a self-described rodeo clown. And it tells a lot when people put such faith and trust in such a clown.

And oh yes, Sean Hannity. Does the name Hal Turner ring a bell? How about him telling a Lesbian on air that he "feels sorry for her child".

Yes, these are the people you listen to as the truthsayers. I feel sorry for this country if people like Hannity and Beck are considered to be valid sources.

Still waiting for some consistency. Because at the moment, the only thing that is old and tired is the act of faux outrage that Republicans put on when the Democrats do something that they did.

Cool....continue to lie.

I do not see hannity as anything more than an entertainer who takes fcts and plays with them to entertain. Same as Beck.

But I take the facts they offer and look into themselves...and I ignoire the sensationalism they attach to it.

Is Dunn a Maoist? Not that I see. Did she say she admired Mao as a political philosopher? Yep...she did. THAT I find concerning...not that she is a moaist.

Is Van Jones a commie? Not that I can see....did he say he was 10 or so yuears ago? YEP...THAT was the fact that I took and then read up on him...and to be honest, he is one streange character and not worthy of a WH position....why? Becuase he is a commie? No. Becuase he is a confused man...THATS WHY.

I am done with you. Yoiu are a lying hack that states assumption as fact when debating and not worthy of a debate with a real debater.

Another Saddam lover. The Butcher of Baghdad killed and tortured an average 300,000 Iraqis annually. Nice to see that you supported his brutal regime instead of a budding democracy. .

You want to talk about bending the truth but then you go ahead and say things like that. I was going to go down the line and address your points until this remark. Dishonest on your part. I highly suggest you stop using such emotional and untrue language to try and bolster your points.

Is Van Jones a commie? Not that I can see....did he say he was 10 or so yuears ago? YEP...THAT was the fact that I took and then read up on him...and to be honest, he is one streange character and not worthy of a WH position....why? Becuase he is a commie? No. Becuase he is a confused man...THATS WHY.

I am done with you. Yoiu are a lying hack that states assumption as fact when debating and not worthy of a debate with a real debater.

You still never addressed the link about Bush and NBC. You are a lying hack and not worthy of any time. You wouldn't know how to debate if it smacked you in the face and called you a fascist.

As for Van Jones, you're going to judge him based on the fact that he WAS a communist ten years ago? That would be like me judging Ronald Reagan because he was a Democrat at some point. It wouldn't be valid to today's discussion either way.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back