This is a long read

Not one word about actual policy. Economic, tax, jobs, healthcare, environment...jeez, just lip service about the debt or deficit (which conservatives have helped run up).
Just the same recycled laundry list of right wing and alt-right whines. Almost all of them rooted in the culture wars. Hell, even a blurb on election fraud.

You want to know why conservatives don't win? And why the ideology is slowly but surely being rejected?
Because at least over the last 4 decades or so, conservatism...doesn't conserve anything.

but I believe a very accurate one.
The very first line... Conservatives enjoy popular support on the vast majority of current issues. :laughing0301:

Really? Since when? Conservatives are behind on gay marriage, abortion rights, gun laws etc etc. That right there puts a kibosh on reading the rest of the nonsense.

Keep dreaming. Keep reading more of the gobbledygook from right-wing kooks. But don't come whining when you guys lose...again!!!

Victor_Davis_Hanson.png

but I believe a very accurate one.
Leave it to the leftists on the board to completely mischaracterize Hansen's article as well as completely miss the point he was making. I quip that there must be something in the water they drink that creates myriad blind spots and reading dysfunction. The piece in itself is brilliant and I couldn't find much in it to argue with.

The summary might be here:

". . .Republicans believe their politics appeal to over 51 percent of the population and thus can win elections. Democrats understand that they can still defeat conservatives by controlling institutions and altering the way we communicate, access information, vote, and structure government, . . ."

I have beaten that same drum constantly for quite some time now.

And he concludes with a bit of hopeful prophecy (emphasis is mine):

". . .Ultimately, what cannot go on will not go on. The current ruling-class nihilism that has resulted in seven million illegal aliens crashing through a wide-open border; a hundred thousand Americans dead each year due to Mexican-cartel imported fentanyl; massive police defunding and prosecutorial nullification of the criminal codes; $31 trillion in national debt; a politically weaponized but otherwise ineffectual fbi; a rogue Department of Justice; an underfunded, politicized, and increasingly neutered Pentagon; and an ideologically asymmetrical application of the laws is not sustainable. Those who voted for the politicians who created these destructive policies are beginning to realize the resultant dangers looming over their very way of life, and as a result are looking to their erstwhile opponents to offer remedies."

I hope he is right. Maybe we'll know in 2024.

The very first line... Conservatives enjoy popular support on the vast majority of current issues. :laughing0301:

What fucking rock do you live under where you don't even seem to be aware of your own FAKE NEWS polls showing Biden losing on just about every single issue across the ideological spectrum?

I mean, where do they find you people?

Does US Message Board like hire you to troll or something?

Or are you really this lost, stupid and uninformed?

What fucking rock do you live under where you don't even seem to be aware of your own FAKE NEWS polls showing Biden losing on just about every single issue across the ideological spectrum?

It's "b"

Nope. It is Soros who pays me.

As far every poll showing you retards winning… LOL

But weren’t you retards convinced that the Dems stole the last election? What makes you think we are not doing that again?

If we could do it when your orange douche bag was in power, think what we can do with Biden in the WH.

I thought even a retard like you would have figured that out. Let me know if you are still confused. :itsok:

Nope. It is Soros who pays me.

As far every poll showing you retards winning… LOL

But weren’t you retards convinced that the Dems stole the last election? What makes you think we are not doing that again?

If we could do it when your orange douche bag was in power, think what we can do with Biden in the WH.

I thought even a retard like you would have figured that out. Let me know if you are still confused. :itsok:
He didn't say every poll shows the GOP winning at the ballot box. He said the polls indicate that more Americans than not approve of the GOP position on current issues though that doesn't always translate to vote for the GOP because of the way the message is manipulated.

So what do you think? Do American leftists all drink something that creates that kind of reading dysfunction or inability to get the point that is being made?

Really? Since when? Conservatives are behind on gay marriage, abortion rights, gun laws etc etc. That right there puts a kibosh on reading the rest of the nonsense.

Keep dreaming. Keep reading more of the gobbledygook from right-wing kooks. But don't come whining when you guys lose...again!!!
Conservatives have taken no federal position on gay marriage. A one time vote to define marriage as between a man and a woman--something Barack Obama actually campaigned on by the way and affirmed in his Saddleback interview--failed to get enough votes to pass in a GOP majority. Democrats are having to back off their strict 'get the guns' stance because it is not really popular with their constituency. And poll after poll has come down pretty strongly that most Americans think there should be some restrictions on abortion. Most Americans like the GOP's approach to the economy, trade, border control, etc. etc. etc. too.

So he said more people like the GOP positions on things than like the Democrat positions on things but aren't properly informed on who promotes what due to heavy message manipulation by a pro-Democrat MSM. So what they want doesn't necessarily mean they vote for the party that will most likely give them what they want.

Conservatives have taken no federal position on gay marriage. A one time vote to define marriage as between a man and a woman--something Barack Obama actually campaigned on by the way and affirmed in his Saddleback interview--failed to get enough votes to pass in a GOP majority. Democrats are having to back off their strict 'get the guns' stance because it is not really popular with their constituency. And poll after poll has come down pretty strongly that most Americans think there should be some restrictions on abortion. Most Americans like the GOP's approach to the economy, trade, border control, etc. etc. etc. too.

So he said more people like the GOP positions on things than like the Democrat positions on things but aren't properly informed on who promotes what due to heavy message manipulation by a pro-Democrat MSM. So what they want doesn't necessarily mean they vote for the party that will most likely give them what they want.
Seriously, do you retards know how to read? I quoted his exact fucking line. His very first line.

You may have a high tolerance to bs…I don’t.

He didn't say every poll shows the GOP winning at the ballot box. He said the polls indicate that more Americans than not approve of the GOP position on current issues though that doesn't always translate to vote for the GOP because of the way the message is manipulated.

So what do you think? Do American leftists all drink something that creates that kind of reading dysfunction or inability to get the point that is being made?
Seriously. Learn to read. Come back when you have done.

I read just fine. Do you?
Yeah, I do read fine. I even pointed out the reason why VDH's article smacks of partisan bullshit.

You would have known all that if you had known how to read and comprehend. Thoughts & prayers. :itsok:

Forum List

Back