This is a hot one: Dem Leader: Expiration of Bush Tax Cuts is ‘Republican Tax Increa

There's a sunset provision because recent motions to override the sunset provision failed?

Come on, you can do better than that. Why is there a sunset provision on the tax cuts at all?

Oh this is laughable.

Look, Democrats apologist who's putting his fingers in his ears and yelling la la la la.

THE DEMOCRATS WOULD NOT SUPPORT IT WITHOUT A SUN SET PROVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you get it now????????????????????

Probably not!!!!!!!!!

Geesh!

Maybe you don't remember Bush's fight to make those tax cuts permanent, but WE ALL DO!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Video here:

Steny Hoyer: “We have no intention of allowing the Republican tax increase — that their policies would lead to — to go into effect for working Americans. Period... We’re going to act and make sure that the Republican phase out and increase in taxes does not end as they provided for in the laws they passed.”

Breitbart.tv Dem Leader: Expiration of Bush Tax Cuts is ‘Republican Tax Increase’

:lol::lol::lol:

This is rich! I mean now stupid do they think we are? How desperatye are they, to come up with this one!

If Democrats let the tax cuts expire, it's THE REPUBLICAN'S FAULT????????? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's like a drunk driver blaming the accident on the innocent person, because if he hadn't been there, the drunk wouldn't have hit him.

It's the republican's fault if Democrats allow the tax cuts to sunset??????

Oh man they really ARE desperate with November looming.

How on earth do they think this one works?????

Yea, let's take a look at those. Republicans passed trillions in tax cuts through reconciliation which is why they are "expiring".

52% went to the top 1% meaning the burden of the cost of two unpaid for Republican wars was shifted to the Middle Class.

The "reason" for the tax cuts was to create jobs. Only they were created in China. Companies were able to use that money to move those jobs overseas. Those companies appreciated the help of the Republican leadership.

In China, they just had a strike because of all the suicides in one of those enormous electronic sweatshops. Corporations gave into worker's demands and DOUBLED their salaries to 73 dollars a week, which I guess is what Republicans want American workers to make.

Those are the facts that Republicans keep defending. Why?

It's like Republicans are saying to corporations, "Give me a black eye" and then saying, "Can you make the other one black so they match?"

And then, when they have two black eyes, complain, "They aren't BLACK enough!"

Look are you just looking to be laughed at?????

The unemployment rate under Bush and the Republican Congres was 4.2!!!!!!!!!!

That didn't change until DEMOCRATS TOOK BACK CONGRESS IN 2006.

And you want to talk about trillions, maybe you should look at how much Bush spent compared to how much OBAMA SPENT IN HIS FIRST YEAR!!!!!!!

Or how much Obama's slush fund, er I mean stimulus is being spent OVERSEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you have the hutzpa to talk about jobs leaving the country????????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It was the only way to get Democrat support.

No, actually it was the only way to pass the tax cuts without broader Democratic support.

I'll repeat the hint: it's in there precisely because the tax cuts weren't paid for.

Okay that's just stupid.

You look at the numbers and revenues sky rocketed with the Bush tax cuts.

That's "tax cuts aren't paid for" only works with liberal artificial "zero sum" Keynesian thinking.

In the real world, it's BS.

Federal Spending Is Growing Faster Than Federal Revenue

Notice revenue took a huge dive AFTER OBAMA TOOK OFFICE!!!!!!!!

Tax Burden: Recession Pushes Current Tax Receipts Below Historical Average

Video here:

Steny Hoyer: “We have no intention of allowing the Republican tax increase — that their policies would lead to — to go into effect for working Americans. Period... We’re going to act and make sure that the Republican phase out and increase in taxes does not end as they provided for in the laws they passed.”

Breitbart.tv Dem Leader: Expiration of Bush Tax Cuts is ‘Republican Tax Increase’

This is rich! I mean now stupid do they think we are? How desperatye are they, to come up with this one!

If Democrats let the tax cuts expire, it's THE REPUBLICAN'S FAULT????????? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's like a drunk driver blaming the accident on the innocent person, because if he hadn't been there, the drunk wouldn't have hit him.

well, if breitbart the hack said it... it must be true.

:cuckoo:

Video here:

Yea, let's take a look at those. Republicans passed trillions in tax cuts through reconciliation which is why they are "expiring".

52% went to the top 1% meaning the burden of the cost of two unpaid for Republican wars was shifted to the Middle Class.

The "reason" for the tax cuts was to create jobs. Only they were created in China. Companies were able to use that money to move those jobs overseas. Those companies appreciated the help of the Republican leadership.

In China, they just had a strike because of all the suicides in one of those enormous electronic sweatshops. Corporations gave into worker's demands and DOUBLED their salaries to 73 dollars a week, which I guess is what Republicans want American workers to make.

Those are the facts that Republicans keep defending. Why?

It's like Republicans are saying to corporations, "Give me a black eye" and then saying, "Can you make the other one black so they match?"

And then, when they have two black eyes, complain, "They aren't BLACK enough!"

I wonder if Republicans know where those companies got all that money to move jobs to China? And then PAY to train the Chinese? And PAY to build new plants. Bet it cost at least a trillion dollars.

Given how much of "Obama's money" aka the slush fund, aka the "stimuls" is going to China, I would shut up about China, were I you!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

No, actually it was the only way to pass the tax cuts without broader Democratic support.

I'll repeat the hint: it's in there precisely because the tax cuts weren't paid for.

That's is inane political speak promoted by the Left to prevent tax reductions.

Real economic history shows that tax decreased spur economic growth, leading to higher aggregate tax revenues. The bill was designed with the sunset provision in order to maneuver through Congress' self-imposed rules.
whenever CON$ use the word "real" you know it's fake.

Higher tax revenues does not always correspond to economic growth. Bush"s cut in the cap gains tax led to higher revenue from speculators dumping capital assets like real estate rather than economic growth. Of course eventually the market becomes saturated and the bottom drops out. Cap gains cuts have historically led to boom and bust economies. Cap gains taxes should be set high to discourage speculation and never changed under any circumstance.

In other words to discourage capitalism.

This is your liberal speaking. They want "managed" economies, and it never matters to them, they never work.

Another perfect example of how no stat can ever be trusted coming from a CON$ervoFascist.

UE was 4.2% for Bush's FIRST 2 months ONLY, up from Clinton's 2000 year long average of 3.97%!!!
UE was 6.3% in June of 2003 after Bush's first "Job creating" tax cut and with a GOP controlled congress.

Video here:

well, if breitbart the hack said it... it must be true.

:cuckoo:

As compared to what?

NY Times, that has been caught faking news>

CNN that has been caught faking news?

CBS that has been caught faking news?

NBC that has been caught faking news?>

All Breitbart did was post a video and Breitbart is the hack???????

That's is inane political speak promoted by the Left to prevent tax reductions.

Real economic history shows that tax decreased spur economic growth, leading to higher aggregate tax revenues. The bill was designed with the sunset provision in order to maneuver through Congress' self-imposed rules.

Higher tax revenues does not always correspond to economic growth. Bush"s cut in the cap gains tax led to higher revenue from speculators dumping capital assets like real estate rather than economic growth. Of course eventually the market becomes saturated and the bottom drops out. Cap gains cuts have historically led to boom and bust economies. Cap gains taxes should be set high to discourage speculation and never changed under any circumstance.

This is your liberal speaking. They want "managed" economies, and it never matters to them, they never work.

Notice how CON$ always have to put their words in another's mouth to create their Straw Men to debate!!!

NO, to discourage SPECULATION!!!!!!!

Can one con on here tell us all why the tax law was written to sunset the year Bush left office?

Another perfect example of how no stat can ever be trusted coming from a CON$ervoFascist.

UE was 4.2% for Bush's FIRST 2 months ONLY, up from Clinton's 2000 year long average of 3.97%!!!
UE was 6.3% in June of 2003 after Bush's first "Job creating" tax cut and with a GOP controlled congress.

Hey idiot! What happened in Bush's first term of his presidency

Not only was he dealing with the dot com bubble recession BUT 9/11 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

And you want to talk about a 6.3% unemployment when we have a 10+% unemployment????

Shall we stroll down memory lane????

The United States Unemployment Rate By Year

What's it been since Obama took office?????

United States Unemployment data

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

These numbers don't lie!

Notice how CON$ always have to put their words in another's mouth to create their Straw Men to debate!!!

NO, to discourage SPECULATION!!!!!!!

Notice how you can't REFUTE that's what you are doing, just WHINE about it!

You ARE talking about discouraging capitalism. Because with capitalism comes RISK and risk requires SPECULATION.

You want that gone, which means a MANAGED ECONOMY where snooty elitists think they know better than anyone else where trends are going, so let's not have any speculation from those "proles" out there.

Can one con on here tell us all why the tax law was written to sunset the year Bush left office?

BECAUSE BUSH COULDN'T GET ENOUGH SUPPORT FROM DEMOCRTS AND RINOS WITHOUT AGREEING TO THE SUNSET PROVISION!!!!!!!!

Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!

What density setting are you liberals at today??????

It was done so they could blame a tax increase on the incoming president.

Even Greenspan says they should be allowed to sunset bcause they are unafordable

It was done so they could blame a tax increase on the incoming president.

Even Greenspan says they should be allowed to sunset bcause they are unafordable

Yes, yes, Bush that eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil ruthless dictator, just KNEW when he signed those tax cuts that Obama would be president seven years down the line and planned to embarrass him.

That RACIST!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You ever notice liberals are always going on about how the government will pay for tax cuts, but they NEVER worry about how WE pay for tax increases?????

Phonies!!!!!

BECAUSE BUSH COULDN'T GET ENOUGH SUPPORT FROM DEMOCRTS AND RINOS WITHOUT AGREEING TO THE SUNSET PROVISION!!!!!!!!

Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!

another lie...

it sundowned because of the procedure they used to pass it.

freak. :cuckoo:

Hi, you have received -361 reputation points from jillian.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
lying imbecile

Regards,
jillian

Hey Jillian, if I'm lying, show me where!

Don't just do something cowardly like this and then run and hide.

This is what a three year old does when they know they can't win the argument. They just yell liar and run away.

Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!

another lie...

it sundowned because of the procedure they used to pass it.

freak. :cuckoo:

You idiot, you just called me a liar and then AGREED WITH ME.

WHY DO YOU THINK THEY USED THAT PROCEDURE, "POLITICAL GENIUS???????????"

Even McCain opposed the tax cuts. Bush had to agree to a sun set provision to get enough votes!

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good grief, why do you come here? It obviously isn't to discuss politics. For you that would be like coming to a gun fight with a feather.

WHY DO YOU THINK THEY USED THAT PROCEDURE, "POLITICAL GENIUS???????????"

Even McCain opposed the tax cuts. Bush had to agree to a sun set provision to get enough votes!

Not true. They could have simply paid for the tax cuts by making corresponding spending cuts. Instead they actually went on to increase spending on other things they didn't bother to pay for.

Reconciliation doesn't require sunset provisions. Reconciliation used to increase the deficit does (although at that point it's just a gimmick).

Hi, you have received -361 reputation points from jillian.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
lying imbecile

Regards,
jillian

Hey Jillian, if I'm lying, show me where!

Don't just do something cowardly like this and then run and hide.

This is what a three year old does when they know they can't win the argument. They just yell liar and run away.

wah wah wah... i told you, i don't try to teach pigs to talk. you're too stupid for air and i can't be bothered educating you.

do your own homework, nutter.

Forum List

Back