Recession was deeper than gov't previously thought

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Read all:

Recession was deeper than gov't previously thought

Get past all the BS and what you see is the STIMULUS DIDN'T WORK!

Obama's great idea that he could spend us into prosperity was a big failure AS CONSERVATIVES WARNED YOU!

Conservatives have been fighting this big government idea since 2008, and yet we are the ones that supposedly got us into this mess.

Not Keynesians who told us two stimulus bailouts would solve the problem.

Instead it gets worse and worse and worse.

Conservatives were right again, and liberals will twist themselves into knots trying to deny that bit of obvious truth.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The reason it is worse is that the Obama Administration did the opposite of what has helped the country recover from prior recessions.

Their actions are the equivalent of a fireman throwing gasoline on a burning house which then ignites a conflagration of the entire neighborhood.

Last edited:
I remember when unemployment AND GDP were at 4%.. the left was crying MELTDOWN!!!!

Now we're at 10% and 2% respectively and it is "the summer of recovery". Proof positive that these people are nuts.

I remember when unemployment AND GDP were at 4%.. the left was crying MELTDOWN!!!!

Now we're at 10% and 2% respectively and it is "the summer of recovery".

It reminds me of when (during the Clinton admin) unemployment was at 5.6 and Democratse cried, "UTOPIA!"

But when it fell to 4.2% under Bush, Democrats called it a "jobless recovery."

Do you know how we know there are stupid people in this country? Because there are still people that fall for this idiotic BS.

Ahem. JournoList is just the tip of the iceberg of the Progressive Cabal Truth-spinning Machine.

I don't think people actually believe this.... save a few potheads like Topspin. I think it is party first and this is the party line.

At last some of us had the integrity to part ways with GWB on some of his B.S.

I have one thing I want to say to all these experts and government officials who are surprised by this:

OH! Your powers of deduction are exceptional! I simply can't allow you to waste them here while there are so many crimes going unsolved at this very moment. Go! Go! For the good of the country!

It reminds me of when (during the Clinton admin) unemployment was at 5.6 and Democratse cried, "UTOPIA!"

Do you know how we know there are stupid people in this country? Because there are still people that fall for this idiotic BS.

What scares me is that most Democrats consider France a success, yet even in this recession France has a unemployment higher than the US (9% vs 10%), and even greater poverty. This is the nation Obama wants to turn America into. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
The Government got something wrong? No way? can't be? A couple of months ago the Hopey Changeys and Ben Bernanke declared the Recession over and everything was just great. I take anything this Administration says with a grain of salt. They're definitely the gang that couldn't shoot straight at this point.

The Government got something wrong? No way? can't be? A couple of months ago the Hopey Changeys and Ben Bernanke declared the Recession over and everything was just great. I take anything this Administration says with a grain of salt. They're definitely the gang that couldn't shoot straight at this point.
We're looking more like France

Republicans can barely contain their glee at their electoral prospects for this year.

There is reason for this optimism. The Obama administration’s poll numbers continue to sink, and history tells us that things could get worse before they get better. Republicans are poised to have one of our best elections ever in November.

But what the GOP will find if and when it wins one or two houses of Congress is not pretty.

President Barack Obama’s Democrats have set out to alter fundamentally the nature of the U.S. political system. The changes they’ve wrought will not be easily undone.

Obama has sought to remake America into a social democracy — like Germany or France — with a larger public sector, expanded entitlements, stronger labor unions and a changed political structure. He’s doing quite well so far.

Size of government. Are we really still a government of limited powers at the federal level? It’s hard to make that case.

The feds are running auto companies. They fired the General Motors board of directors and forced Chrysler bondholders into a settlement far less attractive than that given the United Auto Workers, strong allies of Obama.

The Bush administration devised the Troubled Asset Relief Program, but the Obama administration has extended it once already, and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner has proposed keeping the $700 billion open as a line of credit to fund expanded government programs.

Obama’s stimulus plan, combined with his amended 2009 budget and his 2010 and 2011 spending plans, have pushed annual deficits to more than $1 trillion per year.

Entitlement expansion. Obamacare has passed and is lurking in our federal and states’ budget futures. When the program is fully operational in 2014, federal spending for health care is expected to rise sharply. Many businesses could drop their coverage and force workers into the public “exchanges” created by the legislation. Millions more could be eligible for federal subsidies.

This adds up to millions more advocates for even more generous benefits and higher federal spending. Democratic politicians should be only too happy to oblige.

Labor unions. There is nothing unions can’t ask for in this administration: stimulus funds, exemptions from health care taxes, sympathetic appointees at the Labor Department, even a taxpayer bailout for underfunded union pension funds. The biggest gift to unions, though, is the administration’s promise to make it easier for unions to organize — even at the price of sacrificing the secret ballot for workers. Enhanced union muscle and money are critical to Democrats seeking to retain power in the years ahead.
It is true that Sen. Blanche Lincoln survived (barely) a union onslaught against her in Arkansas. But few Democrats would want to duplicate her experience.

Changed political structure. Free speech can be inconvenient at the worst times. Democrats are pushing “disclosure” legislation, which just passed the House. It would require sponsors of political ads to appear at the end. Sponsors would also have to post all donations on their websites.

Democratic supporters have made clear the aim is to make it difficult, if not impossible, for companies to participate in the political process. Liberals once sought to protect political speakers from intimidation. No longer.

This administration has repeatedly threatened businesses with retribution if they spoke out against Obama policies — medical insurance companies and energy companies, among others. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is routinely frozen out of White House policy discussions. The goal here is to intimidate business interests and force them to accept the administration’s priorities — or keep silent.

Each of these goals is well on its way to being accomplished. Government is bigger and more intimidating, more Americans are beholden to government, labor unions are more powerful, and private business is under siege.

We’re looking more like France every day.

There’s another way we resemble nations of the European Union: high unemployment. Obama’s allies are selling the nonsense that 10 percent unemployment is the best we can do in this economy. It’s the best he can do if he follows European statist policies.

Free-market principles, dominant since the Reagan years, kept U.S. unemployment at about half that in Europe for three decades. That’s the GOP’s secret weapon.

The hour is late, and a growing government on autopilot will not be easy to restrain. But our pledge is that our policies will deliver more jobs and more economic growth than Obama’s.

In America, enterprise has always trumped the welfare state.

Frank Donatelli is chairman of GOPAC, which helps and advises young Republican leaders.

Read more: Opinion: We're looking more like France - Frank J. Donatelli - POLITICO.com

Last edited:
obama_hood2.png

Unemployment was 3.9% for Clinton's last year. Only a CON$ervative Contrarian Indicator would call an INCREASE from 3.9% to 4.2% a FALL. :rofl:
BTW, Bush's lowest year was 4.6% and the month he left it was 7.4%.

lol! Yea their Presidential candidate John Kerry even claimed we were in a "Depression" back when Bush had 4% Unemployment. My God if that was a "Depression",what does that loon call this Hopey Changey nightmare? Man,i think we're all now longing for that 4% Unemployment and record high Stock Market "Depression" to return. Time to show the Democrats the door. Make it happen in 2010 America.

Forum List

Back