This format is irritating as hell

The only thing I don't like is that I can't seem to post gifs.

View attachment 336930
Pete, gifs post just fine. View attachment 336935

The only problem I've experienced is that the spellchecker don't work for shit. It either doesn't work at all, switches on and off, or highlights EVERYTHING as a typo.
Do you cut and paste it or add the link address?
That one, I just copied to my desktop then dragged and dropped it onto the desired line. I could have also just clicked the ATTACH FILES box, opened to Desktop or whatever location and double clicked the desired filespec.

Why would anyone be afraid to speak up? What are they gonna do, taze your eyeball?
Are you new here?

I've been here long enough to know you ain't kickin Politicalchics ass up and down the forum.
Cut and Paste Barbie? She runs from debating me, and just keeps pasting other people's thoughts.

True story!

LMAO! You people just make up your own reality as you go.

Why would anyone be afraid to speak up? What are they gonna do, taze your eyeball?
Are you new here?

I've been here long enough to know you ain't kickin Politicalchics ass up and down the forum.
Cut and Paste Barbie? She runs from debating me, and just keeps pasting other people's thoughts.

True story!

LMAO! You people just make up your own reality as you go.
If I show you five instances of her responding to one of my arguments by just re-pasting other peopleā€™s words instead of debating using her own words....will you delete your account here at USMB?

Thereā€™s a reason her nickname is Cut ā€˜n Paste Barbie, ya know.

Is there a recommended browser to use for the new format, on iPad? The reason I ask is on Safari, the default browser, the spell-check/predictive doesnā€™t work well, like on every other site.

forexample: it didnā€™t automatically capitalize ā€˜Forā€™ when I started this new paragraph. It also didnā€™t automagically separate ā€˜forā€™ and ā€˜exampleā€™ like it would on other sites.

and I just noticed that it didnā€™t catch ā€˜automagicallyā€˜ in the last paragraph. :lol:

I don't like the all-or-nothing aspect of previous posts that are being responded to. I may want to see what the previous poster said, but I don't want to scroll through tons of other posts to do so.
This format give a whole new meaning to the word "scroll"

I still haven't figured out where to find my threads. Used to be a link at the bottom of the content (posts) list.

Trying to post a link is just too much trouble....one time you have to do it one way.....another time another way.....why cant they get consistent.

I just copy the link and paste it in the body of the post.

If it is a picture you use the drop box and video go in the video drop box...

Trying to post a link is just too much trouble....one time you have to do it one way.....another time another way.....why cant they get consistent.

I just copy the link and paste it in the body of the post.

If it is a picture you use the drop box and video go in the video drop box...

Well...the problem could lie in my browser or my computer....sometimes i have no problem but other times there is a problem in even finding the button to copy or paste in the drop down box...sometimes i can just post the copy and paste the link in the body of the post ...other times i have to hit the link icon and insert it that way....either way about half the time time I have a problem. It did not use to be that way...which leads me to think it is the new format causing my problem.

I for one welcome the new format and remind our overlords that I am ready to assist them in rounding up posters who don't appreciate it.

hailants.jpg

I still haven't figured out where to find my threads. Used to be a link at the bottom of the content (posts) list.
To find threads you started, go to your profile page where people leave you a message.
At the bottom right of your avatar there's a drop down box with "Find" in it. Your threads and content will be drop down as links.

I bet your husband gets tired of your constant bitching......... :eusa_whistle:

hehheh
I don't like the all-or-nothing aspect of previous posts that are being responded to. I may want to see what the previous poster said, but I don't want to scroll through tons of other posts to do so.

Most posters are afraid to speak up. Lots of problems with this new format.
So far you're batting 0. It seems you're one of the extremely few people who have problems with using the format. Instead of bitching about how it doesn't work for you you should simply ask for help because you're clueless. No one's afraid to speak up it's just most have no need to, the forum works fine for them, they're smart enough to figure it out or they're able to work through it's few inadequacies.
In other words the problem is not the forum format, it's you.

To find threads you started, go to your profile page where people leave you a message.
At the bottom right of your avatar there's a drop down box with "Find" in it. Your threads and content will be drop down as links.
OK. I found it. Thanks.

/ā€”ā€”/ Itā€™s tolerable on a PC, but frustrating on an iPhone.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back