This could be the straw that breaks the camels back...

Having a conversation in Congress about Iran and any possible war, is the right thing to do.

The constitution, NEVER GAVE THE PRESIDENT, those powers of war, the Constitution gave it to congress.... the congress gave the President that trust, and it is good to reevaluate, and the only representation we the people have, in our gvt, who is suppose to be in charge of it.... it's a valid debate, should be brought up.
The strike happened on Iraqi soil where there is still to this day an open AUMF from 2002. Until that AUMF is repealed, Iraqi soil is still a current and ongoing battlefield which the president is the commander in chief of.

How do you people not understand this?

Having a conversation in Congress about Iran and any possible war, is the right thing to do.

The constitution, NEVER GAVE THE PRESIDENT, those powers of war, the Constitution gave it to congress.... the congress gave the President that trust, and it is good to reevaluate, and the only representation we the people have, in our gvt, who is suppose to be in charge of it.... it's a valid debate, should be brought up.

He doesnt need congressional approval for limited strikes.
He CERTAINLY doesn’t need it for strikes in a currently authorized theater of war, which is what the 2002 AUMF literally is.

The democrats could have had a leg to stand on here if under Obama they repealed the AUMF which would have officially ended the conflict in Iraq. But they didn’t. Tough shit.

The camel is Pelosi.....no need to say more. Send her back to Frisco to shovel shit.

Pelosi announces war powers resolution as tensions with Iran escalate
After reading this morning that (1) we have flatly refused to leave Iraq as they have voted, and (2) that Trump is doubling down on targeting cultural sites if Iran retaliates....
it seems to me that Congress can make all the resolutions they want. NO one is going to pay any attention to it.
It was a non binding vote, that was for show by a resigned pM in which those associated with the Iranian Shia’s only voted. Half the govt didn’t show up out of protest, knowing it wasn’t a legitimate vote.
link, please?

The camel is Pelosi.....no need to say more. Send her back to Frisco to shovel shit.

After reading this morning that (1) we have flatly refused to leave Iraq as they have voted, and (2) that Trump is doubling down on targeting cultural sites if Iran retaliates....
it seems to me that Congress can make all the resolutions they want. NO one is going to pay any attention to it.

It's a beautiful thing. Trump has made clear a CREDIBLE threat that for the first time in Iran's 40 year fracas with us, that if they press our buttons again, keep dicking us off, that he is going to out "Muzzie" the muslims-- -- -- -- beat them at their own game. He has turned the game around against THEM. First a finger, now an arm, next: amputate at the waist line. He's DARING them to dick with him ONE MORE TIME.

Trump has gorilla balls.

The Ayatollah is now faced with keeping up his usual rhetoric, authorizing yet another retaliation, and then having every cultural site in Iran they value leveled, with HIM as the cause knowing there is a tipping point where his people turn against HIM for provoking it.

Brilliant.

For the first time in Iran's memory, they are now suddenly faced with provoking America coming at a far greater cost than it is worth.
"Beautiful?" No, these things are beautiful, and irreplaceable. Thanks to the GOP's greed, our President has been allowed to break the law in our country with impunity.
Name the law that Trump has broken?
News flash for you, OL, because of Barry Obama's reluctance on the JV team ISIS for over two years, ISIS destroyed about a trillion dollars worth or those very same irreplaceable ancient historic places all across Iraq and elsewhere that offended them while the democrats fiddled by not wanting to tick off their base whom he promised to pull out of Iraq. Trump has merely THREATENED to do as much. The difference here is that it would be for a good cause this time because it won't happen unless the Iranians cross the line that Donald has now made VERY CLEAR they do not want to cross.

If you tell a child not to put their hand in the fire you are cooking with and they still do, it's not YOUR fault they got burned. The beauty here is do the ayatollah dare call Trump to see if he is bluffing?

You end terrible conflicts by promising terrible things and NOT backing down from your word. That's why you and I listened to our fathers whereas today's kids do not. We knew our dads were NOT bluffing when they laid their belt on the table.
it would be for a good cause
N.O.

You're a kind of hard one to figure out, toob. At one point, you talk as if you understand how awful war is, and how uncivilized our propensity to start them. The next, you're egging it on, saying it's beautiful to threaten illegal and immoral actions against civilian targets that have endured for hundreds and thousands of years. And cheerleading the hyper rhetoric that might, at some point, lead an arrogant leader to follow through just to save face.

It's a beautiful thing. Trump has made clear a CREDIBLE threat that for the first time in Iran's 40 year fracas with us, that if they press our buttons again, keep dicking us off, that he is going to out "Muzzie" the muslims-- -- -- -- beat them at their own game. He has turned the game around against THEM. First a finger, now an arm, next: amputate at the waist line. He's DARING them to dick with him ONE MORE TIME.

Trump has gorilla balls.

The Ayatollah is now faced with keeping up his usual rhetoric, authorizing yet another retaliation, and then having every cultural site in Iran they value leveled, with HIM as the cause knowing there is a tipping point where his people turn against HIM for provoking it.

Brilliant.

For the first time in Iran's memory, they are now suddenly faced with provoking America coming at a far greater cost than it is worth.
"Beautiful?" No, these things are beautiful, and irreplaceable. Thanks to the GOP's greed, our President has been allowed to break the law in our country with impunity. I don't know how well that will go over when he begins strutting around and breaking international law based on decency and respect.
And you don't have to tell me, toob, that the terrorists don't uphold decency and respect; I already know that. Does that mean we have to sink to their level?
I oppose even entertaining this idea.
https://www.google.com/search?
biw=1248&bih=838&sxsrf=ACYBGNQUAuTDq5MSXAs-sF592lRhx8euAw%3A1578318912568&ei=QDwTXvGmIu2a_QaokqjACA&q=UNESCO+heritage+sites+Iran&oq=UNESCO+heritage+sites+Iran&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i324j0i22i30l9.20563.31601..31799...2.2..1.361.4248.40j6j1j1......0....1..gws-wiz.....10..0i71j35i39j0i273j0j0i20i263j0i67j0i131j35i362i39j0i131i273j0i10j0i131i20i263.ibswrJ_pobY&ved=0ahUKEwjxxoCRkO_mAhVtTd8KHSgJCogQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

How any of those sites were already destroyed by ISIS?
What's that got to do with the price of eggs?

Nah, SOP, everybody knows the GOP have Donnie "the Dog Wagging Prick's" back....

A political assassination sparked the deadliest wars last Century.

Trump has gorilla balls.

Brilliant.

"Beautiful?" No, these things are beautiful, and irreplaceable. Thanks to the GOP's greed, our President has been allowed to break the law in our country with impunity.
News flash for you, OL, because of Barry Obama's reluctance on the JV team ISIS for over two years, ISIS destroyed about a trillion dollars worth or those very same irreplaceable ancient historic places all across Iraq and elsewhere that offended them while the democrats fiddled by not wanting to tick off their base whom he promised to pull out of Iraq. Trump has merely THREATENED to do as much. The difference here is that it would be for a good cause this time because it won't happen unless the Iranians cross the line that Donald has now made VERY CLEAR they do not want to cross.

If you tell a child not to put their hand in the fire you are cooking with and they still do, it's not YOUR fault they got burned. The beauty here is do the ayatollah dare call Trump to see if he is bluffing?

You end terrible conflicts by promising terrible things and NOT backing down from your word. That's why you and I listened to our fathers whereas today's kids do not. We knew our dads were NOT bluffing when they laid their belt on the table.
N.O.

You're a kind of hard one to figure out, toob. At one point, you talk as if you understand how awful war is, and how uncivilized our propensity to start them. The next, you're egging it on, saying it's beautiful to threaten illegal and immoral actions against civilian targets that have endured for hundreds and thousands of years. And cheerleading the hyper rhetoric that might, at some point, lead an arrogant leader to follow through just to save face.

Not hard to figure at all, Blossom! Because war IS so terrible, you have to make it a thing to totally avoid, by making it a total possibility. Think about that, this is not a contradiction. The reason why this chicken shit back and forth proxy war has been going on for 40 years is exactly BECAUSE there has never been any truly SERIOUS consequences to continuing it!

NOW the question to the Ayatollah is retaliating against America and not just sitting down and really bargaining with them, IS IT REALLY WORTH RISKING THEIR ENTIRE HERITAGE OVER? And Trump has now made that a credible threat to be taken seriously.

If this was a game of chess, that would be considered a beautiful gambit. It's all up to the Iranians now--- --- call or fold. As Clint would say:

Last edited:

Trump has gorilla balls.

Brilliant.

"Beautiful?" No, these things are beautiful, and irreplaceable. Thanks to the GOP's greed, our President has been allowed to break the law in our country with impunity. I don't know how well that will go over when he begins strutting around and breaking international law based on decency and respect.
And you don't have to tell me, toob, that the terrorists don't uphold decency and respect; I already know that. Does that mean we have to sink to their level?
biw=1248&bih=838&sxsrf=ACYBGNQUAuTDq5MSXAs-sF592lRhx8euAw%3A1578318912568&ei=QDwTXvGmIu2a_QaokqjACA&q=UNESCO+heritage+sites+Iran&oq=UNESCO+heritage+sites+Iran&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i324j0i22i30l9.20563.31601..31799...2.2..1.361.4248.40j6j1j1......0....1..gws-wiz.....10..0i71j35i39j0i273j0j0i20i263j0i67j0i131j35i362i39j0i131i273j0i10j0i131i20i263.ibswrJ_pobY&ved=0ahUKEwjxxoCRkO_mAhVtTd8KHSgJCogQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

Nothing. The same as your linked article.

Giving Trump and the US military 30-days leeway to deal with Iran is more than enough time. Thanks Nancy!
Nancy Pelosi Announces House will Vote on War Powers Resolution to Curtail Trump's Iranian Options | National Review

What I don't know is if Nancy's resolution matters without senate approval too?
finally, someone else that knows congress includes the Senate. too fking funny. Peloser can show her anti american shit all she wants, it ain't got any feet.

They voted, but their President has not signed the resolution. Should we run before he does?
No. The President of Iraq may have already told our folks that he wants us to stay. If it was indeed a "show" vote, as Depotoo says, that's understandable, too, considering the situation.
I imagine some of them mean it, though. With our Merry Bomber loose, who knows what will go down next.

Trump has gorilla balls.

Brilliant.

Nothing. The same as your linked article.
What I meant to link was pics of the UNESCO sites in Iran. Did I screw up?

Trump has gorilla balls.

Brilliant.

N.O.

Not hard to figure at all, Blossom! Because war IS so terrible, you have to make it a thing to totally avoid, by making it a total possibility. Think about that, this is not a contradiction. The reason why this chicken shit back and forth proxy war has been going on for 40 years is exactly BECAUSE there has never been any truly SERIOUS consequences to continuing it!

NOW the question to the Ayatollah is retaliating against America and not just sitting down and really bargaining with them, IS IT REALLY WORTH RISKING THEIR ENTIRE HERITAGE OVER? And Trump has now made that a credible threat to be taken seriously.

If this was a game of chess, that would be considered a beautiful gambit. It's all up to the Iranians now--- --- call or fold. As Clint would say:

I just love how all these anti american dicks in here think there's been peace in the ME. Too fking funny. folks the level of stupid within these anti americans is extraodinary.

Trump has gorilla balls.

Brilliant.

Does you husband know your playing on the adult forum

Nah, SOP, everybody knows the GOP have Donnie "the Dog Wagging Prick's" back....

A political assassination sparked the deadliest wars last Century.
Political?

What Mullah's asshole did you sniff that out of?

He was responsible for 600 American deaths and the attack on our embassy.

I get the fact that your TDS causes you to support terrorists over America, but yo uh could at least pretend to have a conscience.

Trump has gorilla balls.

Brilliant.

N.O.

A guy who is responsible for killing over 600 Americans, and led the attack on our US embassy, is not just your run of the mill civilian. He is a terrorist and threat.

Forum List

Back