This brought tears to my eyes: Ramaswamy and a WW II vet on how America used to be..

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022

Anyone not old enough to know how America used to be can, I suppose, watch re-runs of Andy Griffith or some other show like Gomer Pyle USMC. It is not all Hollywood baloney, to be sure. In fact, I used to watch those 2 shows a lot, even if I'd already seen them, and I never saw anything terribly unrealistic...

I feel sorry for young people these days. They just don't know...

Anyone not old enough to know how America used to be can, I suppose, watch re-runs of Andy Griffith or some other show like Gomer Pyle USMC. It is not all Hollywood baloney, to be sure. In fact, I used to watch those 2 shows a lot, even if I'd already seen them, and I never saw anything terribly unrealistic...

Kids today think that mutilating their genitals is normal and have no idea what life is like beyond their cell phone.

Kids today think that mutilating their genitals is normal and have no idea what life is like beyond their cell phone.
great summary.

I feel deeply sorry for them. When I was young, I was allowed to be innocent until I was old enough to.. well, one is never old enough to fully understand the evils of this world. It is one reason people give up on a belief in God, they can't understand why He allows this and that.. Well, I don't think anyone can begin to understand that. But maybe He just puts us here and watches and waits and sends us clues that we sometimes take, sometimes ignore.. .and wel... I'm just thinking out loud or whatever... The point is, we can't u/stand God except through focusing on Jesus Christ. And THAT is what God wants us to do (He seems to be screaming that at us)

great summary.

I feel deeply sorry for them. When I was young, I was allowed to be innocent until I was old enough to.. well, one is never old enough to fully understand the evils of this world. It is one reason people give up on a belief in God, they can't understand why He allows this and that.. Well, I don't think anyone can begin to understand that. But maybe He just puts us here and watches and waits and sends us clues that we sometimes take, sometimes ignore.. .and wel... I'm just thinking out loud or whatever... The point is, we can't u/stand God except through focusing on Jesus Christ. And THAT is what God wants us to do (He seems to be screaming that at us)
Evidently God created an imperfect being in his image.

great summary.

God gave us free will. I believe that's why God allows evil. We make the choice so on judgment day we have no excuse.

The people I knew were pre depression era people that worked hard but still suffered as humans, there was little difference except the peer pressure of society suppressed the freedoms they express now.

God gave us free will. I believe that's why God allows evil. We make the choice so on judgment day we have no excuse.
Well, sometimes we get into situations and we don't know what Jesus would have us do. Then we forget to even consult Him which of course makes matters worse... Then we can end up getting ticked off at God and etc.. But I believe once you have accepted Christ and have prayed to Him "over a period of time" He will show you the way when you don't know what it might be that He wants in a given situation.. The problem is that most people don't even bother thinking about what Jesus would want (these days). Most people seem to have forgotten Him... and we look around and see the heinous results

I actually remember when a child could be farther than 10 feet away from it's parent and still be safe.

I remember when good, clean, organic food was just called "food".

Doctors were actually trusted. Ditto lawyers. And Advertising was something we were never even aware of.

Children were taught that policemen and teachers were their friends.

About how minorities, women and gays used to know their place?

Most people think things are a lot better now.
yeh, so much better for Blacks that they hate Whitey even more...

right, whatever

Hate will get them to heaven, no doubt

I actually remember when a child could be farther than 10 feet away from it's parent and still be safe.

I remember when good, clean, organic food was just called "food".

Doctors were actually trusted. Ditto lawyers. And Advertising was something we were never even aware of.

Children were taught that policemen and teachers were their friends.

well, some cops are bad. I've encountered a few. But overall, they deserve our respect... The left know nothing about respect

Forum List

Back