Third Parties Only Hope For America...

TADennis

Rookie
Jun 26, 2014
The scary thought concerning American voters, is that they keep voting in Republicans, then Democrats, then Republicrats--for which they truly are. All the while, expecting a new and better result--this is the definition of insanity, folks. Voting for the same two parties which are effectively just ONE party with cosmetic touches. We are not going to see an improvement in our government until one of the third parties,(Green Party?) assumes a level of pre-eminence and is voted into power. We simply are NOT going to see CHANGE in government until a third party shakes things up, period.

I urge you to visit the Green Party website and check out what the party is all about-practical and necessary alternatives to the Republicrats that have sank our government.

I wish that was the case, but the two parties (during the Perot attempts) have now blocked third parties from being in a debate on a national platform.

Both parties are scared of loosing their power to the people.

Surely, something can be done about this! The PEOPLE need to make their voices heard, and DEMAND that third parties be given a voice. It simply flies in the face of our Constitution, and the will of the people. We must continue to fight the system and when we raise our voices loud enough, we can see change. WHY AREN'T THIRD PARTIES ALLOWED A SEAT AT THE TABLE??? This question needs to be asked until the Republicrats acquiesce!!

Surely, something can be done about this! The PEOPLE need to make their voices heard, and DEMAND that third parties be given a voice. It simply flies in the face of our Constitution, and the will of the people. We must continue to fight the system and when we raise our voices loud enough, we can see change. WHY AREN'T THIRD PARTIES ALLOWED A SEAT AT THE TABLE??? This question needs to be asked until the Republicrats acquiesce!!

Third Parties can't win, which is why almost no one cares.

Last edited:
The scary thought concerning American voters, is that they keep voting in Republicans, then Democrats, then Republicrats--for which they truly are. All the while, expecting a new and better result--this is the definition of insanity, folks. Voting for the same two parties which are effectively just ONE party with cosmetic touches. We are not going to see an improvement in our government until one of the third parties,(Green Party?) assumes a level of pre-eminence and is voted into power. We simply are NOT going to see CHANGE in government until a third party shakes things up, period.

I urge you to visit the Green Party website and check out what the party is all about-practical and necessary alternatives to the Republicrats that have sank our government.

I would never vote for the Green Party because for all intents and purposes they are Communists, but to your point, there is no hope for America because we are overrun with stupid, ignorant sheep and it's getting worse, not better.

As much as I would love to see it, it ain't gonna happen.

Either we change the system under which these liars operate, or we just keep bending over and taking it.

1. Balanced Budget Amendment - Make both parties accountable for their taxing & spending ideas
2. Strict, short term limits - Does anyone really think these people would behave the way they do if they weren't worried about fundraising and re-election?
3. Publicly-funded elections - See #2

Remove the power from those who abuse it the most.

My weekly rant!

:rock:

I support what you're saying but the idea of a "third" party is not enough. What America needs more, in my opinion, is several strong independent parties. The Greens, from what I know about them, are maintaining their independence vigorously. Good on them. What you get with 3 independent parties is even a more entrenched core. Now, if you will, consider 5 or 6 independent parties. Now if you're a DEM, a REP, a GREEN, or a LIBERTARIAN, or, lets even include the TEA in that...you MUST form a coalition with the others to get anything accomplished. At this point, you have shared power that will, in theory, result in more diverse, better, and sustainable ideas being brought to the surface.

Three parties isn't enough. Having a minimum of five is what America needs.

If you don't like the idea of alternatives to the DEMS and REPS, the only other way to fix the mess is to, somehow, have the rules of governance changed to eliminate the shenanigans we currently see such as the opposition parties controlling Congress and no moving on work of the other parties--simply vetoing it for the President.

The Constitution was not written with political parties in mind, much less for a third party to win an election. To make third parties part of American politics the Constitution would have to be amended.

On the state level third parties maybe more viable. And enough people in the individual states vote in enough third party people it will have to change on the federal level.

Europe often has more than one party so if the far left wants us to be like Europe then why do they oppose a third party?

As a Dem, I'd like to say that I'd rather have the GOP in charge rather than some crank-a-doodle-doos of some third party.

The Constitution was not written with political parties in mind, much less for a third party to win an election. To make third parties part of American politics the Constitution would have to be amended.

So very true!

Political parties are such a basic part of our political system today, that many people might assume the Constitution must at least mention parties in one way or another... but there is absolutely no mention of political parties anywhere in the Constitution. In fact, in the times of the Articles of Confederation, there weren't even any parties; factions, perhaps; regional blocs, yes; but no parties. Not until the Jackson and Van Buren administrations did organized parties really take hold in the American political system.

Things That Are Not In the U.S. Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Libertarian Party wouldn't be that bad (but it still wouldn't be good enough).
But definitely I'd rather vote for the Republican or Democrat Party than for the Green Party.
No, it can better stay the way it is now.

I encourage all Democrats to take a closer look at the Green Party and consider jumping ship. Green candidates need their support.

Third Parties can't win, which is why almost no cares.

Hehe....

I encourage all Democrats to take a closer look at the Green Party and consider jumping ship. Green candidates need their support.

Our system is a two-party system. Third, fourth etc. parties are like tits on a clam. In order to have a meaningful multi-party system we would need to radically reform our election process and the rules of both House and Senate. Good luck with that!

Third Parties can't win, which is why almost no cares.

Hehe....
"Third Parties can't win, which is why almost no one cares."

That's better...

Our system is a two-party system. Third, fourth etc. parties are like tits on a clam. In order to have a meaningful multi-party system we would need to radically reform our election process and the rules of both House and Senate. Good luck with that!

Primarily the election process. Winner-take-all elections ensure two strong parties. Still, third (and fourth, etc...) parties are next in line to supplant failed major parties. It's happened before. It will happen again.

Forum List

Back