Things WE can do to reduce CO2 emissions

We're doing our part, perhaps you should be preaching to another choir.

CO2-M.png

Thank you. I noted in the MSM propaganda dump this week, the reports on the Obama influenced AGW report claimed that China and other countries were meeting their CO2 reduction goals, but the U.S. wasn't. Clearly, this is just political crap.

By "significant portion", I do not mean majority. There are a lot of poorly educated people in this nation and a lot of bad info being pushed and implied and suggested by people with motives.

I live in Southern Florida and I've seen hybrid transit buses appear in the last few years, but they're not a majority of the fleet by any mean. We use a tiny fraction of the mass transit (bus and rail) that you use in the NE, but they're trying. We've just started running a high speed rail that will initially connect Miami-Dade with Disney World/Orlando. It will start picking up stops along the way and extending to Tampa and Tallahassee. But the ridership is still unknown. We've had commuter rail in the area for many years but the ridership has barely been enough to break even.

Why have Disney world, don't you want it destroyed to stop C02 emissions?

CO2-M.png

The US' 40 million ton reduction would be a 0.778% decrease. Denmark, Ukraine, Hungary, Ireland and France, have reduced their greenhouse gas emissions. Of these countries, most have reduced their emissions by more than 10 percent. Denmark, for example, has reduced its CO2 emissions by more than 30 percent

The US is FAR from the top of the list by percentage. This graph is deceptive

:badgrin:

You always find a way to be unhappy, even when America are doing it on their own and not due to some Carbon tax, or Emission treaties like so many nation who did sign up.

China was GIVEN support by the Obama administration to go wild with CO2 emissions for years to come.

You don't think I should be unhappy about the Trump administration's position on global warming?

Drive less miles with more passengers in a vehicle that produces less CO2.
Use less electricity.
Use more wool and less fuel when days get cold
On building projects, use wood where you can. Do your best to avoid poured concrete and cinder block
Try your hardest to vote for candidates who truly believe AGW is a threat which requires action.

But I love driving my modified '66 GOAT with a tad over 500 hp. Also riding my 2017 custom Harley Fat Boy. I'm highly allergic to wool, I live in Florida and keep my thermostat at 72 degrees. Wood rots, gets termites, powder post beetles and is expensive to maintain. Poured concrete and concrete block or bricks do not.

I would never vote for someone who has been sucked into the AGW fraud.

I guess we won't be riding together anytime soon.

CO2-M.png

The US' 40 million ton reduction would be a 0.778% decrease. Denmark, Ukraine, Hungary, Ireland and France, have reduced their greenhouse gas emissions. Of these countries, most have reduced their emissions by more than 10 percent. Denmark, for example, has reduced its CO2 emissions by more than 30 percent

The US is FAR from the top of the list by percentage. This graph is deceptive

DENMARK?
Snoopy-S.gif

Population = 5.7 million
Wisconsin = 5.8 million

By "significant portion", I do not mean majority. There are a lot of poorly educated people in this nation and a lot of bad info being pushed and implied and suggested by people with motives.

I live in Southern Florida and I've seen hybrid transit buses appear in the last few years, but they're not a majority of the fleet by any mean. We use a tiny fraction of the mass transit (bus and rail) that you use in the NE, but they're trying. We've just started running a high speed rail that will initially connect Miami-Dade with Disney World/Orlando. It will start picking up stops along the way and extending to Tampa and Tallahassee. But the ridership is still unknown. We've had commuter rail in the area for many years but the ridership has barely been enough to break even.

Is this what you're talking about?

It’s no secret that tickets bought by SunRail passengers pay only a tiny fraction of the commuter train’s bills, but less known is that ticket revenue doesn’t even cover the cost of selling tickets.

SunRail’s finances would be slightly stronger if riding was free. Put another way, the revenue of $1 to $7.50 per ticket is devoured by ticket machines, employees who support ticket sales and armored cars that collect fares, and does nothing to keep the train running.

SunRail ticket revenue is less than ticketing expense

Why is there always something WE can do ... and never something I will do?

I have no problem with anyone who wants to live like a penniless hippy for any reason they choose. Just don't try and fob your dubious lifestyle choices on me or anyone else.

Last edited:

It’s no secret that tickets bought by SunRail passengers pay only a tiny fraction of the commuter train’s bills, but less known is that ticket revenue doesn’t even cover the cost of selling tickets.

SunRail’s finances would be slightly stronger if riding was free. Put another way, the revenue of $1 to $7.50 per ticket is devoured by ticket machines, employees who support ticket sales and armored cars that collect fares, and does nothing to keep the train running.

No. I am not familiar with SunRail. In this neck of the woods the commuter system is called Tri-Rail. The new highspeed train is called BrightLine.

No. I am not familiar with SunRail. In this neck of the woods the commuter system is called Tri-Rail. The new highspeed train is called BrightLine.

Thanks.
Looking at page 3....

http://www.sfrta.fl.gov/docs/Overview/Operating_Budget_FY_2018-2019-Final.pdf

Train Service Revenue (I take that to mean ticket sales), is only 12.5% of the operating budget.

Use less electricity.
On building projects, use wood where you can. Do your best to avoid poured concrete and cinder block
Try your hardest to vote for candidates who truly believe AGW is a threat which requires action.

Oy....talk about a hopeless soul.

Man you live in a makey-uppey world.:aug08_031::aug08_031::aug08_031:

Do you even realize what happened in last months election on environmental ballot initiatives? They got creamed....like every election s0n. Because the masses dont give a twit.

Nobody wants to do the st00pid shit you suggest...and they're not doing it.

You do it....knock yourself out!:2up:

Use less electricity.

So you saying put on a sweater?

You do it I will turn up the heat and lay around in my underwear.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

You know....these people are such pronounced oddballs. They dont even realize when they are being publically humiliated.:113:

Where is there any evidence the people care about emissions? If they did we'd be seeing climate change action. But in 20 years, we haven't seen dick.

Last edited:
You know....these people are such pronounced oddballs. They dont even realize when they are being publically humiliated.:113:

Where is there any evidence the people care about emissions? If they did we'd be seeing climate change action. But in 20 years, we haven't seen dick.

That's why no one gives you any credence. You can't bring yourself to argue with facts, you blatantly lie. Why?

CO2-M.png

You know what would be new? You having some actual observed measured evidence that supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability...or a single piece of observed measured evidence which establishes a coherent link between the absorption of IR by a gas and warming in the atmosphere....or a single peer reviewed, published paper in which the hypothetical warming caused by our activities was measured, quantified, and attributed to so called greenhouse gasses. That would be new...but it isn't going to happen because there is no such evidence.

There is only going to be more of your bleating...trying unsuccessfully to portray your humiliation as boredom...from you people there is only going to be more of the same shit different day.
View attachment 232273

Yep...it gets f'ing tiresome repeating the same requests for data over and over and over knowing that it will never come...but I am willing to do it so that at least some people can see how impotent you are in the face of a request for actual data to support your claims. See how much fun is being made of you...not just by me, but by others who can see that you can't fulfill a request for a single piece of observed measured data to support your claims...

Yep...tiresome but I am willing to keep at it because you people deserve it.
View attachment 232276

Some stories...such as those about people who make claims with no actual evidence to back them up need to be told over and over and over...till such time as either those who tell them stop, or those that hear them do nothing more than laugh over the fiction you promote.
Oh come on kid, I'm running outta appropriate memes!

And you don't have any observed measured evidence to support your claims so you are just shit out of luck aren't you?

Use less electricity.

Still waiting on some observed, measured evidence that demonstrates why I should bother. Got any? Of course not.

You don't think I should be unhappy about the Trump administration's position on global warming?

No...it is the first rational position on global warming that has been voiced in over a decade.

Forum List

Back