Things that REQUIRE an ID

Did you miss what I just said?..The feds control the criteria for what is "valid" ID and what isn't.

This is why states are requiring that you give them your federal not-to-be-used-for-identification Slave Surveillance Number on state driver, occupational, hunting/fishing licenses and the like.

The state may pass the law and make the requirement, but the IDs issued will to be federal specs.

Do you have any idea what a damned overreach that is?

Ok...I am going to conduct a risky un-anticipated experiment which might prove that I am an idiot.

Here goes:

Open wallet.

Extract Texas drivers license.

Look for federal Social Security Number.

Nope...aint there.

Breaths sigh of relief...

Good enough?

Last edited:
Um-hmmmm.

Turn it over.

See the magnetic strip or indecipherable computer generated ink blot strip?

It, along with the fingerprint you surrendered and God only knows what else, is encoded there.

All of that is part of a law that was stashed into a hastily passed budget bill during the Clintoon administration, ostensibly to combat "deadbeat dads"....True story.

Like, carp dead on the shore for a week fishy.

Birds got to eat. Same as worms.

Pretty much every state provides free ID. Why should I tell South Dakota how to conduct elections? I don't even live there.
Except that South Dakotans don't write the regs on what constitutes a "valid" ID in America...The feds do.

Your state DL is already a defacto national ID because of this.

Like I said earlier, I flipped on this issue when it became a little too , shall we say, "prison trustee" for my tastes....Kinda twisted when the slaves start policing the ranks.
That is true.

Um-hmmmm.

Turn it over.

See the magnetic strip or indecipherable computer generated ink blot strip?

It, along with the fingerprint you surrendered and God only knows what else, is encoded there.

All of that is part of a law that was stashed into a hastily passed budget bill during the Clintoon administration, ostensibly to combat "deadbeat dads"....True story.

Did Bill have to give a sperm sample too?

That is all they got from me.

IF you need an ID for all these things how do people get away without having one ..

We have never needed one to vote when you register you need an id so i believe that it is raciest in a way. Republicans are targeting minorities because they vote for obama.

Since a person had to have one to register, what happened to it? Did they lose it between the time they registered and election day? The argument by the left is the poor and the elderly can't afford it.

I call BS.

Absentee ballots don't require an id, but the states aren't contesting these.
Could it be because the absentee ballot favors the Republicans?

Also getting a picture id might be free at the drivers license bureau, it is a long wait and hassle for people that don't drive like the elderly.

An absentee ballot is mailed to a registered voters address as long as the person living there is a registered voter. He/she showed ID when they registered. In Georgia, one has to request a Republican, Democrat or non-partisan absentee ballot to vote in the primary election and/or any subsequent runoff election.

No party affiliation is needed in the general election and the election official mailing the absentee ballot does not know what party you belong to..

Could it be that the absentee ballot favors the Republicans? The answer is NO!

IF you need an ID for all these things how do people get away without having one ..

We have never needed one to vote when you register you need an id so i believe that it is raciest in a way. Republicans are targeting minorities because they vote for obama.

Since a person had to have one to register, what happened to it? Did they lose it between the time they registered and election day? The argument by the left is the poor and the elderly can't afford it.

I call BS.
Right...But they can't argue the case on the merits of liberty, privacy and being free from the snoop state, because they are total snoops, too.

So, all that's left in order to support their contrarian knee-jerkery is to snivel about the sainted pooooooor, race bait, and/or delve into kooky disenfranchisement conspiracy theories.

Know what else requires an ID... Voter Registration.

Per your link:

"As mandated per the Help America Vote Act excluding other provisions of law at the state and local level an application for voter registration for election of Federal races (President, House of Representatives, US Senate) may not be accepted or processed by a State unless the application includes:

The eligible voter's valid driver's license provided by a government authority with the applicant's driver's license number OR in the case of any other applicant the last 4 digits of the applicant's social security number provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA). "

California okays driving licenses for some illegal immigrants

SACRAMENTO (Reuters) - California lawmakers approved a bill on Thursday to allow some young illegal immigrants who came to the United States as children to obtain driving licenses, in a move that could appeal to Hispanic voters in the heavily Democratic state.

California okays driving licenses for some illegal immigrants - Yahoo! News

Just because you possess a DL or SS doesn't necessarily mean you are eligible to vote, if you are an illegal with a DL or have obtained an SS# illegally.

My son just registered to vote. A few questions on a form, mailed in, voter registration came two weeks later. Imo, you should have to provide a photo ID in order to register to vote.

Although we've been voting for ages without need for photo ID technology has made it quite easy to fraudulently obtain many things.

Know what else requires an ID... Voter Registration.

Per your link:

"As mandated per the Help America Vote Act excluding other provisions of law at the state and local level an application for voter registration for election of Federal races (President, House of Representatives, US Senate) may not be accepted or processed by a State unless the application includes:

The eligible voter's valid driver's license provided by a government authority with the applicant's driver's license number OR in the case of any other applicant the last 4 digits of the applicant's social security number provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA). "

California okays driving licenses for some illegal immigrants

SACRAMENTO (Reuters) - California lawmakers approved a bill on Thursday to allow some young illegal immigrants who came to the United States as children to obtain driving licenses, in a move that could appeal to Hispanic voters in the heavily Democratic state.

California okays driving licenses for some illegal immigrants - Yahoo! News

Just because you possess a DL or SS doesn't necessarily mean you are eligible to vote, if you are an illegal with a DL or have obtained an SS# illegally.

My son just registered to vote. A few questions on a form, mailed in, voter registration came two weeks later. Imo, you should have to provide a photo ID in order to register to vote.

Although we've been voting for ages without need for photo ID technology has made it quite easy to fraudulently obtain many things.
If the two recent conventions proved anything, they showed that if your vote counted you wouldn't have it at all.

The voter ID issue is a smokescreen...The snoops want as much information on anyone and everyone that they can get....This just enables them.

SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS, they scream. Need an ID to be free from unlawful search & seizure? Think CONs, if possible.

SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS, they scream. Need an ID to be free from unlawful search & seizure? Think CONs, if possible.
I think of libs too, cupcake.

Why is it that lolberals don't bat an eye at being required to show ID and/or a Slave Surveillance Number to board an airliner, check into a hotel, get cell service or a land line, get electrical service to your home, obtain a driver license, occupational license, hunting & fishing license, etcetera, yet go ape about voter ID?

The stench of sanctimony absolutely pegs the bullshit-o-meter.

It would be marginally refreshing if a conservative at least acknowledged the fact that restrictions apply only to public sector entities concerning limiting fundamental rights, such as voting, not to the private sector selling cars, homes, and bank accounts.

There is one item in the OP list, however, that stands out from the rest: buying a firearm. Although a Constitutional right, gun ownership is not a fundamental right:

As many courts have recognized, the Supreme Court did not explicitly hold that the Second Amendment right is a fundamental right…If the Supreme Court had wanted to declare the Second Amendment right a fundamental right, it would have done so explicitly.

Heller v. D.C. (II) (2010)

As such gun ownership is not subject to a heightened level of judicial review, such as voting (a fundamental right), where requiring an ID to purchase a firearm is Constitutional.

"I'll take things that aren't constitutional rights for $100, Alex."
Voting isn't a constitutional right either, skeezix.

Even by your "We must strictly adhere to the constitution as it was written in the 1700s!" mindset, you are wrong.

The constitution specifically enumerates voting. There may not be a "right to vote" per se, but the way that Americans can participate in this democracy is specifically covered and therefore the right to vote is implicit.

Attention ALL minorities (Pasco08 wants to be clear that this is for ALL of you):

Pasco08 believes that you are inferior, incompetent, incapable sub-humans who cannot locate your local DMV or Board of Elections and arrange for a free ID from them. He thinks he needs to "protect" you, because, well - if you're black, hispanic, etc. - you're too stupid to function on your own. He needs to "protect" your rights since you can't make it to your local DMV.

If you are a minority, how do you feel about that? Are you ok with this extreme form of passive/aggressive racism from this asshole named Pasco08?

I love how you try to pass off your deeply seated beliefs about minorities onto others.:cool:

Attention ALL minorities (Pasco08 wants to be clear that this is for ALL of you):

Pasco08 believes that you are inferior, incompetent, incapable sub-humans who cannot locate your local DMV or Board of Elections and arrange for a free ID from them. He thinks he needs to "protect" you, because, well - if you're black, hispanic, etc. - you're too stupid to function on your own. He needs to "protect" your rights since you can't make it to your local DMV.

If you are a minority, how do you feel about that? Are you ok with this extreme form of passive/aggressive racism from this asshole named Pasco08?

I love how you try to pass off your deeply seated beliefs about minorities onto others.:cool:

Do you support ID checks to purchase firearms? After all it's not written in the Constitution that someone should show an ID to buy a firearm.

Forum List

Back