Things On "Your Side" That You Think Deserves Criticism

Over spending and ignoring the debt.

With something so egregious, how can I still support the Democrats you ask?

Because the GOP is even worse.

And third parties are laughable.

Heck, this list just scratches the surface of my issues with the Republican party.

1] When Republicans had all the power, they spent money like Democrats.

2] Too beholden to big business...it's of the people, by the people and for the people.

3] Stop demonize unions...unions are a good thing...just like business is a good thing...it's out of control unions and business that are bad.

4] Sometimes you need regulation to keep people honest...IOW all regulation isn't bad.

5] Be fiscally conservative...you're writing checks the American people can't cash.

6] Too much group think...don't be for or against something JUST because the party is for or against it. Think you yourself. Stick to your core principles.

7] It's ok to admit you were wrong.

8] No back door deals.

9] Practice what you preach...all the things you're accusing the Democrats of now should be avoided at all costs when you are back in power, like bundling legislation, passing legislation without reading it and ignoring the will of the people.

10] Get your heads out of the trough, we didn't elect you to enhance your resume or to set yourself up with a cushy consulting job.

11] NO EARMARKS...I don't care if that's how it's always been done...stop it.

12] For crap's sake...use some common sense.

More than 80% of these apply to both parties.

Last edited:
Heck, this list just scratches the surface of my issues with the Republican party.

1] When Republicans had all the power, they spent money like Democrats.

2] Too beholden to big business...it's of the people, by the people and for the people.

3] Stop demonize unions...unions are a good thing...just like business is a good thing...it's out of control unions and business that are bad.

4] Sometimes you need regulation to keep people honest...IOW all regulation isn't bad.

5] Be fiscally conservative...you're writing checks the American people can't cash.

6] Too much group think...don't be for or against something JUST because the the party is for or against it. Think you yourself. Stick to your core principles.

7] It's ok to admit you were wrong.

8] No back door deals.

9] Practice what you preach...all the things you're accusing the Democrats of now should be avoided at all costs when you are back in power, like bundling legislation, passing legislation without reading it and ignoring the will of the people.

10] Get your heads out of the trough, we didn't elect you to enhance your resume or to set yourself up with a cushy consulting job.

11] NO EARMARKS...I don't care if that's how it's always been done...stop it.

12] For crap's sake...use some common sense.

More than 80% of these apply to both parties.

I agree with you on everything except number one. at this point, you have to acknowledge that they spend money like republicans... which is on credit since they don't want to pay for it.

I'm a Conservative. I used to be a Conservative Republican but now I label myself as a Conservative Independent. I feel let down by the Republicans. They are no better then the Democrats when it comes to spending money wildly and without restraint. I am very anti-incumbent regardless of the party they belong to. I feel strongly that we should have some term limits. The reason I believe this is because the trend seems to be for politicians to "camp out" in Congress more intent to do whatever it takes to remain in office more so than to do the things they were elected to do. I am very distrustful of politicians because they all lie, and none of them seem to have very good ethics. We need a "Revolt" at the ballot box and boot out the riff raff.

I agree with you on everything except number one. at this point, you have to acknowledge that they spend money like republicans... which is on credit since they don't want to pay for it.

You're right Jillian.

We have all, Democrats and Republicans, danced for 60 years on credit...it falls to us to pay the band.

I am considered Right wing. So here are just some of the things on the right I do not like.

Far right Nazis
Racists
Extreme Pro lifers That will not accept abortion in even the most extreme cases
Anti Stem Cell research
Anyone who implies all Poor in America are just lazy.
Religious Zealots

I am sure there are more but that is just a start :)

I am a centrist

The lack of a National Centrist Party(NCP) to provide some balance and added criticism to the national debate on taxes, economy, defense and the setting of future goals for America.

I wonder--how does one form a party?

Buy some balloons, streamers, noise makers, pointy hats...get a cake.

Then invite people over...instant party!

I think you would need sponsors, reasonable solutions to pressing problems, and media spots just to become noticed.

Note the difference between the Democrats/Republicans versus the Libertarians/Greens

Sponsorship--Dems and Republican have strong Big corp sponsorship, Greens/libertarians has only grassroots and small business sponsorship

Solutions--Dems Reps use overgeneralized(not extremely left nor right) approaches--they become specific and extreme during times of crisis. Green/Liber promote somewhat extree ideas

Media attention--Whole industries(talk radio, Political news, Political websites) are created from the Dem-Rep interaction. When was the last time a noted Libertarian talked to a noted Green Pary member? Why would we be interested in such a discussion?

I think you would need sponsors, reasonable solutions to pressing problems, and media spots just to become noticed.

Note the difference between the Democrats/Republicans versus the Libertarians/Greens

Sponsorship--Dems and Republican have strong Big corp sponsorship, Greens/libertarians has only grassroots and small business sponsorship

Solutions--Dems Reps use overgeneralized(not extremely left nor right) approaches--they become specific and extreme during times of crisis. Green/Liber promote somewhat extree ideas

Media attention--Whole industries(talk radio, Political news, Political websites) are created from the Dem-Rep interaction. When was the last time a noted Libertarian talked to a noted Green Pary member? Why would we be interested in such a discussion?

Yeah...my suggestion wouldn't be much of a party...:eusa_whistle:

Actually the main thing keeping 3rd parties down is the 2 big parties.

We need to change the rules, and strip the 2 parties of their power to keep the other parties down.

Start here:

beerstore.jpg

:D

Actually the main thing keeping 3rd parties down is the 2 big parties.

We need to change the rules, and strip the 2 parties of their power to keep the other parties down.

vote-whig.jpg

I am considered Right wing. So here are just some of the things on the right I do not like.

Far right Nazis
Racists
Extreme Pro lifers That will not accept abortion in even the most extreme cases
Anti Stem Cell research
Anyone who implies all Poor in America are just lazy.
Religious Zealots

I am sure there are more but that is just a start :)
Very intriguing post Charles.

I'm curious to know how big of a problem you find each of the above to be to the current Republican Party?

We're too nice and easy going. Whenever we win, we don't do dick to unwind any of the Progressive devastation.

Amen to that. The GOP has no killer instinct. Way too genteel, too quick to compromise, and too quickly gives in. It's leaders in office and in the media, with the notable and well-despised exceptions of Rush and Coulter, too quickly speak up to criticize their own, as if eager to show fairness. Screw that. Why rush to the aid of your enemy, especially when his goal is to tear you down? They need to take notes from Rahm and Nancy.

That was McCain's problem in the campaign. He was nasty as hell in dealing with his own party previously (which is why so many libs praised him) but going head-to-head with Obama, he was downright meek.

We're too nice and easy going. Whenever we win, we don't do dick to unwind any of the Progressive devastation.

Amen to that. The GOP has no killer instinct. Way too genteel, too quick to compromise, and too quickly gives in. It's leaders in office and in the media, with the notable and well-despised exceptions of Rush and Coulter, too quickly speak up to criticize their own, as if eager to show fairness. Screw that. Why rush to the aid of your enemy, especially when his goal is to tear you down? They need to take notes from Rahm and Nancy.

That was McCain's problem in the campaign. He was nasty as hell in dealing with his own party previously (which is why so many libs praised him) but going head-to-head with Obama, he was downright meek.

That's because many in the GOP are just progressives "lite".

We have to fight em over there so we don't fight em here attitude, the "spreadin mockracy" mindset.

The Mosque issue, we could have really turned that into a private property issue showcasing how hypocritical libs are regarding private property rights.

Social issues like marriage being discussed at the Federal level, I want to see government cut, not a bunch of sanctimonious fuckers screaming " th queers are comin, th queers are comin, run for your lives!!!!"

Forum List

Back