Thieving Bastards

Oh, wait, there is more.
Since I have the old silverado, I opted to not pay for coverage for a rental car with my insurance. That saved me about $6 a year. I got a really cheap rental car for $200 for the week.

It's 10 years old, but in pretty good shape. I don't get sentimental about my cars. I do have adequate coverage. Nothing embarrassing in it, but I did have all my camping gear in it. I don't have friends that would play a joke like that.

Ouch...that really hurts :(

Somehow I missed this post earlier. Yeah, losing my camping gear is probably the worst part of the whole ordeal. Aside from the normal camping stuff, I probably had $500+ in fishing tackle. The rods and reels are in the house, so I didn't lose them.

Somehow...it's not even the dollars...but the fact that it was a collection of stuff you needed and used for something fun...it became personal...you can replace a car..but all the gear...it takes time to assemble and perfect....

For the first time ever I had my car broken into this summer. I never locked it (it is old, worn, kind of trashy...no one would want it and due to some idiosyncracies it's damn hard to lock up) - all they stole was one of my dog crates. Not worth much but damn...I needed it and it seemed so personal to take it.

Of course now I lock the damn thing.

The Government took your SUV. They saw that you had two vehicles and it was determined that you needed only one, so they gave your SUV to a guy who couldn't afford an automobile.

Last edited:
That's horrid, MM. Sorry to hear that.

Might want to call the police every couple days to make sure whether it's been found. Just a suggestion. A friend of mine had his car stolen and they found it, but they waited over a week to get around to telling him it had been found. And charged him for storage.

Ouch...that really hurts :(

Somehow I missed this post earlier. Yeah, losing my camping gear is probably the worst part of the whole ordeal. Aside from the normal camping stuff, I probably had $500+ in fishing tackle. The rods and reels are in the house, so I didn't lose them.

Somehow...it's not even the dollars...but the fact that it was a collection of stuff you needed and used for something fun...it became personal...you can replace a car..but all the gear...it takes time to assemble and perfect....

For the first time ever I had my car broken into this summer. I never locked it (it is old, worn, kind of trashy...no one would want it and due to some idiosyncracies it's damn hard to lock up) - all they stole was one of my dog crates. Not worth much but damn...I needed it and it seemed so personal to take it.

Of course now I lock the damn thing.

That's exactly it. Thanks for depressing me, and I thought you were my friend.

Might want to call the police every couple days to make sure whether it's been found. Just a suggestion. A friend of mine had his car stolen and they found it, but they waited over a week to get around to telling him it had been found. And charged him for storage.
I'll call them everyday, and the insurance company to.

I'll call them everyday, and the insurance company to.
You might get better results by watching the news. Might see your car involved in a hot pursuit. LOL

Forum List

Back