Thieving Bastards

and mountain men if you had anything with personal info on it in that car you should look up who need to call can't remember now, your bank would probably know to let them know.
I got my purse stolen out of my car about eight years ago, I found out two year ago someone was using my SSN number to work. I also don't have a very common name and there is another me some how in Renton, Washington.

Fast forward to three weeks later:

Mountain Man decided to add some money to that which he received from the insurance company so he could buy a really beaut car.

That week he visited his local car dealer and spied a beautiful Jaguar XK140 convertible. It was wonderfully restored and he fell in love with it's sleek red paint job. Soon he was tearing down the leafy country lanes enjoying his beautiful new car. His wig was flowing in the wind, music blaring from the radio, what could possibly go wrong?

At that thought there was a splutter from the engine and the car slowly coasted to a stop. He got out and lifted the hood and concluded after a few minutes that he didn't have a bloody clue what was wrong. Luckily he had his mobile phone with him and a quick phone call to the recovery company and a short wait saw a bright shiny yellow van pull up behind him.

"That's a great car," said the mechanic. "What seems to be the matter?"

"Well, it just conked out I'm afraid."

"Let me have look." He set to work and ten minutes later the engine was purring like a cat again.

"Thank goodness," he said. "What was the matter?"

"Simple really, just crap in the carburettor," he replied.

Looking shocked he asked, "Oh, OK ... how many times a week do I have to do that?"

Fast forward to three weeks later:

Mountain Man decided to add some money to that which he received from the insurance company so he could buy a really beaut car.

That week he visited his local car dealer and spied a beautiful Jaguar XK140 convertible. It was wonderfully restored and he fell in love with it's sleek red paint job. Soon he was tearing down the leafy country lanes enjoying his beautiful new car. His wig was flowing in the wind, music blaring from the radio, what could possibly go wrong?

At that thought there was a splutter from the engine and the car slowly coasted to a stop. He got out and lifted the hood and concluded after a few minutes that he didn't have a bloody clue what was wrong. Luckily he had his mobile phone with him and a quick phone call to the recovery company and a short wait saw a bright shiny yellow van pull up behind him.

"That's a great car," said the mechanic. "What seems to be the matter?"

"Well, it just conked out I'm afraid."

"Let me have look." He set to work and ten minutes later the engine was purring like a cat again.

"Thank goodness," he said. "What was the matter?"

"Simple really, just crap in the carburettor," he replied.

Looking shocked he asked, "Oh, OK ... how many times a week do I have to do that?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This morning as I'm making my coffee, I look out the window and notice that my car is gone.
Some bastard stole my car last night. Fuckers.
What a damn hassle, called the police, called the insurance company.

So, I go outside to see if my truck will start (I haven't driven it for a couple months). Dead battery. I've got jumper cables behind the seat, so I'll get one of my neighbors to give a jump start. I grab the cables,

HOLY SHIT! THAT HURT.

Wasps, everywhere. Seems the wasps made a home in my truck, and they weren't to happy about me disturbing them. I got stung 3 times in the hand before I escaped into the safety of the house.

What a crappy way to start the day.
Sounds like a bad day. Worse is when you have a pricey item stolen from you and then are threatened with arrest when you go to report it stolen. Only to discover later that law enforcement assisted in the theft...Life can get worse. Sorry about the stings. Got three bee stings in one day years ago. Next one ten years later darn near died in the doctors office from an allergic reaction from a bee sting, (it was the day after the wedding, Rod says finally got her to marry me and here I thought she was going to die on me)

I finally got the wasps out of the truck.
I eventually get a neighbor to give me a jump start. I let the car idle for a while to recharge the battery. I decide to get some gas, and as I am pulling into the street, I lightly touch the brake, and one of the brakes locks up. I can barely get the truck back into my driveway.

I call a car rental company to rent a car. I have to walk about 2 miles to get to the rental company. Well, I probably could have a called a taxi-cab, but I walked. I didn’t realize how hot it was, by the time I get to the rental office I am dripping sweat.

So the guy at the rental agency gets all my information, goes to swipe my card and it gets rejected. ( don't have a credit card, this is my debit card) Just what I need, more trouble. He lets me call the bank. I finally navigate through the voicemail and eventually get put on hold until I can talk to a live person. I was on hold for 6 minutes, but of course it felt like 30. Fortunately the funds are in my account. The nice lady at the bank tells me the card was rejected because the guy didn’t put the ECC code in. He tells me that he was never asked to enter it by his computer. The two of them talk a few minutes, he manually enters the card number, gets prompted for the ECC code and presto magico, it goes through.

When he originally told me the card was rejected I just about crapped my pants. I thought maybe somebody had wiped out my checking account.

I finally got the wasps out of the truck.
I eventually get a neighbor to give me a jump start. I let the car idle for a while to recharge the battery. I decide to get some gas, and as I am pulling into the street, I lightly touch the brake, and one of the brakes locks up. I can barely get the truck back into my driveway.

I call a car rental company to rent a car. I have to walk about 2 miles to get to the rental company. Well, I probably could have a called a taxi-cab, but I walked. I didn’t realize how hot it was, by the time I get to the rental office I am dripping sweat.

So the guy at the rental agency gets all my information, goes to swipe my card and it gets rejected. ( don't have a credit card, this is my debit card) Just what I need, more trouble. He lets me call the bank. I finally navigate through the voicemail and eventually get put on hold until I can talk to a live person. I was on hold for 6 minutes, but of course it felt like 30. Fortunately the funds are in my account. The nice lady at the bank tells me the card was rejected because the guy didn’t put the ECC code in. He tells me that he was never asked to enter it by his computer. The two of them talk a few minutes, he manually enters the card number, gets prompted for the ECC code and presto magico, it goes through.

When he originally told me the card was rejected I just about crapped my pants. I thought maybe somebody had wiped out my checking account.
Not your day.

How does one remove an entire SUV out of a driveway without anyone knowing?

How does one remove an entire SUV out of a driveway without anyone knowing?

In the middle of the night when I was sleeping.

Dude.. If you live in an area where cars get stolen out of driveways, you need an alarm. And a big-ass dog.

As far as I know, none of my neighbors has ever had their car stolen. Shit, and it's not like it was that nice of a car. It's in good shape, but it's still 10 years old.
I don't want the responsibility of a dog, I'll pass on that.

That sucks on toast! But I DO know how to safely eradicate those wasps without stinking up your truck with raid and shit.

PM me.

This morning as I'm making my coffee, I look out the window and notice that my car is gone.
Some bastard stole my car last night. Fuckers.
What a damn hassle, called the police, called the insurance company.

So, I go outside to see if my truck will start (I haven't driven it for a couple months). Dead battery. I've got jumper cables behind the seat, so I'll get one of my neighbors to give a jump start. I grab the cables,

HOLY SHIT! THAT HURT.

Wasps, everywhere. Seems the wasps made a home in my truck, and they weren't to happy about me disturbing them. I got stung 3 times in the hand before I escaped into the safety of the house.

What a crappy way to start the day.

DAMN dude!!!! sorry here's some sympathy rep

...that will give away my only shirt to someone in need of it...but if you steal as much as a penny from me, I will haunt you forever.

Sorry about your loss of a car. Was it a clunker or a keeper? Did it have any sentimental value? Was there anything embarrassing hidden in it? Did you have adequate coverage? Could your friends have hidden it as a joke?

It's 10 years old, but in pretty good shape. I don't get sentimental about my cars. I do have adequate coverage. Nothing embarrassing in it, but I did have all my camping gear in it. I don't have friends that would play a joke like that.

Ouch...that really hurts :(

Somehow I missed this post earlier. Yeah, losing my camping gear is probably the worst part of the whole ordeal. Aside from the normal camping stuff, I probably had $500+ in fishing tackle. The rods and reels are in the house, so I didn't lose them.

Forum List

Back